Col. Mortimer

USPSA match at Shongum Range - CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS!

As of yesterday, there was three or so inches of snow/slush over the ranges but the forecast is for warmer tempatures. We have a full, five-stage match planned. We may have to modify the stages depending on range conditions. Also, we have a 32-round rifle stage if we have enough shooters interested. If we cancel due to weather, an email will be sent out by Friday 5pm. Please contact Ron Guman by Wednesday 5pm if you will attend or if you just want to get on the email distribution list. Ron's email address is [email protected]

Sign in before 10:00AM and come early if you can to help set up the stages. People that set up stages know them better. First time participants WITHOUT a safety-check card, be there by 9:00AM for a safety briefing and live fire check out.

I will be there! I'm looking forward to shooting the match, as well as seeing everyone from the Intro Class as well.

Hey Colonel, will my leather holster be ok for this? I don't have any other holster so I hope it will be. I don't have to worry about getting up there on saturday and then them turning me away because of it right?

Recessed, I think your holster is ok

I think Mike was reffering to me

My holster was giving me problems sat. The tension screw HAD a piece of rubber tubing around it that wass too thick, not

letting the gun drop fully into the holster .

I took care of this shaving the tubing down on the one side. letting the gun drop another 1/4 inch

Me and the holster should be a go for Sat. See ya's there.

I have a holster for my baby eagle that may work for Cz too. Same thing, if anyone needs a holster for a Sig 226 or 1911, let me know. I have extra Blackhawk Serpa holster for them.

In any case, start looking into plastic holster like Blade Tech.

I have a holster for my baby eagle that may work for Cz too. Same thing, if anyone needs a holster for a Sig 226 or 1911, let me know. I have extra Blackhawk Serpa holster for them.

In any case, start looking into plastic holster like Blade Tech.

Are there rules about retaining strap usage? I thought I heard someone mention that if it had a strap, it had to be snapped and used? is that true, and if so, up to what point? I see that being a hinderance if it has to be snapped at the buzzer, less so if just until the make ready command.

If the holster came with a retention strap, it must be used. So buy one that does not have one.

I am going to sound like a fanboy here, but I recommend that you look at a bladetech holster.

You cannot go wrong with any of their products.

Are there rules about retaining strap usage? I thought I heard someone mention that if it had a strap, it had to be snapped and used? is that true, and if so, up to what point? I see that being a hinderance if it has to be snapped at the buzzer, less so if just until the make ready command.

After the "Make Ready" command and you holster your pistol, the strap must be snapped shut. At the buzzer, you would have to unsnap and draw which is a big disadvantage. IMPORTANT: Do not use your opposing hand to hold the strap open as you will sweep your hand which will result in a DQ. As with automobile maintenance, you have to have the right tool for the right job. 1+ for Bladetech holsters.

If the holster came with a retention strap, it must be used. So buy one that does not have one.

I am going to sound like a fanboy here, but I recommend that you look at a bladetech holster.

You cannot go wrong with any of their products.

What if the strap is removable?

any brick and mortar places stock bladetech? Or any sites that will get one here by this Saturday?

any brick and mortar places stock bladetech? Or any sites that will get one here by this Saturday?

Call Blade-Tech, they have ready made holsters too.

Worst case, get a Fobus or a Blackhawk, they are descent enough. =)

Alright so I found a holster for my 75B from Bladetech which I am going to order today. If it doesn't arrive by saturday, then I will use my leather holster.

I do prefer my leather holster over kydex/plastic though, even if it isn't super fast on the draw.

Edit: Maks, if you wouldn't mind bring that Baby eagle holster so I can see if it fits.

Alright so I found a holster for my 75B from Bladetech which I am going to order today. If it doesn't arrive by saturday, then I will use my leather holster.

I do prefer my leather holster over kydex/plastic though, even if it isn't super fast on the draw.

Edit: Maks, if you wouldn't mind bring that Baby eagle holster so I can see if it fits.

You will probably change your mind after using a bladetech. Once you start to compete, you don't want to be hindered by equipment or gear.

If the strap can be removed, then you are okay since you have to use any retension device on the holster. If it is not on the holster, you can't use it. Our main concern is safety. As long as the hoster prevent access to the trigger, you are good. After that, it's about finding a holster you like.

I cannot think of any stores in the area but MidwayUSA, Natchez and Optics Planet offer next- and two-day shipping.

If the strap can be removed, then you are okay since you have to use any retension device on the holster. If it is not on the holster, you can't use it. Our main concern is safety. As long as the hoster prevent access to the trigger, you are good. After that, it's about finding a holster you like.

I cannot think of any stores in the area but MidwayUSA, Natchez and Optics Planet offer next- and two-day shipping.

thanks, went a touch overboard and ordered a bladetech from midway (the dropped offset model) and a blackhawk from opticsplanet.

I'm interested in this for my first pistol match, weather/schedule permitting, I will email Ron before Wed... As far as the rifle match, I would be interested, but haven't looked into the requirements/rules for this, but would be interested in giving it a go if I am able to. (I have only 2 mags, no mag pouches) If I read up on the rules on the USPSA site, should I be all good with the knowledge from the intro class? I just have an AR with Red dot and iron flip-ups. Thanks.

I'm interested in this for my first pistol match, weather/schedule permitting, I will email Ron before Wed... As far as the rifle match, I would be interested, but haven't looked into the requirements/rules for this, but would be interested in giving it a go if I am able to. (I have only 2 mags, no mag pouches) If I read up on the rules on the USPSA site, should I be all good with the knowledge from the intro class? I just have an AR with Red dot and iron flip-ups. Thanks.

The rifle stage is informal so the USPSA rule really don't apply. The safety rules from the intro class do apply so you should be fine there. You will make ready, put the safety on and then typically start from a low ready position (muzzle pointed at the ground). As far as mags, it is a 32-round stage so I am sure someone will lend you a mag to shoot the entire stage. You can put the two spare mags in your pockets. I shoot a Beretta CX4 Storm so I can't help you.

Then count me as 'interested' in the rifle match. I can borrow a mag from my Dad and use my pockets. Now I'm even more excited! I'm emailing Rob now, here's hoping the weather holds out! My forecast says snow... :resent:

Got plenty of 15 round AR mags for you bud.