Col. Mortimer

USPSA match at Shongum Range - CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS!

Man, the snow was really coming down hard today. But it stopped early afternoon and the sun is out now. I'm glad as I would have been really upset if this match was canceled!

I'm sure the course is gonna be sopping wet so make sure you dress properly and layer up. It's suppose to be a bit chilly in the morning but getting up to mid 50's and sunny by the afternoon. And that's for the Oxford area..

Mike, any weather updates?

I was in Sparta and they had a couple inches of snow. I drove by Mountain Creek and there was barely a coating. Then I drove up Breakneck Road and it was a blizzard with several inches on the groud. It was Winter in Highland Lakes! I have not heard from Ron Guman so the match is on. We had heavy rain and some snow so the field will be soggy and there may be some slush. Dress warm and in layers because it will start cold but warm up. Waterproof boots will be a really good idea. I'll bring hand warmers for you.

I definitely had a blast too, will be doing more of these in the future. I was pretty happy with the way I shot too*.

(*This statement only applies to pistols)

I had a good time as well - I'll be back at shongum next month for another one.

except for a god aweful stage 4 (yay 14 shots to take 4 of the 6 steel), did better than I thought)

Had a great time yesterday; very helpful people on my squad. I will definitely be back next month. Had a couple of FTF's due to improper grip, but otherwise did OK for my first time out.

RecessedFilter - please upload the link when you get a chance.

Was fun seeing everyone. =) Absolutely had a great time, wish my shooting was a tad better/cleaner. First timers did really well, (except for whomever just dq'ed on their first stage).

That was not one of our students. A shooter had an AD during a mag change. This is why I tell everyone to always point at the berm! It was a malfunction. He did not have his finger on the trigger. It was carbon build-up on the firing-pin safety plunger. The carbon allowed the firing pin to disengage the safety plunger and strike the primer. He disassembled the slide and cleaned all the parts throughly. The lesson here is clean your pistol clean and do a full cleaning. Arthur at Glock Ghost recommends a complete cleaning after 1,000 rounds.

Well I finally uploaded the pictures I took from the match. I just got this camera for Christmas so I had it set up on Auto, but they came out pretty good nonetheless.

This is the link to the album:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/579998380Cjxdck

Here are a couple pics of everyone if you don't feel like browsing the album.

From left to right - range 1 (stages 1-3), me, Shazzbot, Col. Mortimer, j0n, Maks, and j0n again

post-2200-0-61986900-1301892319_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-85211200-1301892358_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-27985300-1301892385_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-27210900-1301892447_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-83571600-1301892477_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-13129500-1301892500_thumb.jpgpost-2200-0-71179900-1301892523_thumb.jpg

For anyone who didn't attend, here is a sample of what the course was like. This was stage 3, I was shooting. Thanks to Shazzbot for taking vids and whatnot.

Yeah bro, no problem! It was a win win....I got to use my new camera that I haven't gotten to use much over these winter months AND I got to take pictures of friends shooting!

I love the pic of you slamming that stripper clip down, as well as Shazzbot's slide going back and seeing the casing getting ejected.

Skibum, who were you? I am not sure if I got to meet you...

I was on Craig's sqaud on Saturday, but we were in the intro class together. Here is my attempt at Stage 5 (sorry for the lousy phone vid):

This is the way it's supposed to be done: