shazbot

Pmags won't drop free

I have an older Essential Arms lower and the Pmags I have from MidwestPX aren't dropping free. It'll pop down a bit, then seems to bind on the rear sides. Should I just sand the mags until they drop? Seems simple enough, but wanted to see if any one else had this issue. I've heard some pmag runs were a bit large. I don't have any steel mags to test with to see how they work in comparison.

Typically, it's an issue with the receiver. I've seen this with Essential Arms, first gen M&P15s, Aeros, and a few smaller name lowers. The solution is to typically take fine grit sandpaper and sand the PMAG down just enough to make it drop free.

Ty,

any disadvantages to sanding the mags down?

Had this issue with some older Pmags in my Spikes lower. Newer Pmags drop free.

contact Ty @ midwest, he would have an idea. Otherwise, metal mags should drop free. We now have a vendor doing metal 15 round mags.

Good to know, thanks Maks!

Had this issue with some older Pmags in my Spikes lower. Newer Pmags drop free.

contact Ty @ midwest, he would have an idea. Otherwise, metal mags should drop free. We now have a vendor doing metal 15 round mags.

Who?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.