Old Glock guy

Do I need a knife? (Serious question.)

I just ordered me one of these: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=564125

to be my new EDC knife. I'm in need of a better quality knife. This may not be the BEST, but it's definitely a nice step up from my S&W.

i have the flash 2 which is bigger. i like it. not edc though. i just purchased a leek that is blemished for $30. should be here tomorrow

i have the flash 2 which is bigger. i like it. not edc though. i just purchased a leek that is blemished for $30. should be here tomorrow

Can I ask why you don't EDC it? I like mine, I just think that the larger size would be nicer. I feel like this model is too small. It's certainly sharp though, mistakenly took a small piece off my finger without slowing down.

I always carry a knife on me most often a fixed blade. I also have a couple of folding knives in the car. The car knives are fast opening and have a seat belt cutter in the handle. Never know when you'll need one. OBTW, when you walk in to a restaurant with a fixed blade on your belt and a buck skin jacket you get fast service. -:) I'm a big Buck fan. I collect Buck knives and love the Yellowhorse custom knives.

Late to the game, but I always have this in my pocket. If I get a few blocks away and realize I left it home, I turn around and get it. Especially after having our daughter, I make sure to always make sure I'm carrying it.

K186.8SilverDigitalStaticfoldingknifeExtremeTacForce.jpg

Late to the game, but I always have this in my pocket. If I get a few blocks away and realize I left it home, I turn around and get it. Especially after having our daughter, I make sure to always make sure I'm carrying it.

K186.8SilverDigitalStaticfoldingknifeExtremeTacForce.jpg

What is it?

Do I see a seatbelt cutter and windshield breaker? I've been looking for something like that.

I actually carry 2 knives daily. One is a Buck trapper, which is good for small jobs, and tends to go unnoticed. The second is a SOG Trident Tanto. The SOG tends to turn some heads, but is really handy when you need a little more muscle.

What is it?

Do I see a seatbelt cutter and windshield breaker? I've been looking for something like that.

Yes. That isn't mine exactly, but pretty much the same.. Mine is an MTech USA

Yes it's a seatbelt cutter, and window break. And the window break works great, tested it a few times..

I've been carrying this S&W knife for the last 15 years and I use it daily. I used it to cut everything and anything, pry open paint cans, remove grout, sharpen pencils, and of course opened thousands of envelopes & boxes.

I even broke off about 3/16" of the tip and reshaped it on my sander. It gets used so much that I sharpen it once a week. Yeah, I never expected it to last this long.

So, bottom line, a knife is one of the best tools to always have with you.

i-W28fSdr-L.jpg