Sign in to follow this  
Duppie

Buying and shipping ammo from online dealers

I am interested in purchasing ammo inexpensively from various online dealers and was wondering what were the laws governing such transactions in NJ.And who was in your opinion the best in that category?

I'm new to the shooting sport and not about to order thousands of rounds in 2 different calibers at a time but still want to keep about 250 rounds of 9mm and 38's on hand.

Perhaps there's a local vendor that fits the bill. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have not seen any local gun shops or sporting goods stores with prices that come close to internet stores. The only time I have is when Sportsmens Center had that $7.99 deal on American Eagle.

Not sure what you're referencing in terms of 'that category.'

It is legal for you to purchase rifle/shotgun ammo online, as well as handgun but you must be 21yo for handgun ammo. Some retailers ask that you fax a copy of your DL and/or FID card as well. Some won't.

I highly suggest buying minimum 500rds (half a case) everytime you order ammo online. This saves on shipping and you will usually save a couple more bucks buying in bulk. That's why most of us only order 1,000rds per online order.

I am interested in purchasing ammo inexpensively from various online dealers and was wondering what were the laws governing such transactions in NJ.And who was in your opinion the best in that category?

I'm new to the shooting sport and not about to order thousands of rounds in 2 different calibers at a time but still want to keep about 250 rounds of 9mm and 38's on hand.

Perhaps there's a local vendor that fits the bill. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I order all my ammo online and watch for sales and use distributor coupons to get my per round costs as low as possible.There are a variety of online suppliers and I use a website called www.ammoengine.com to help find the best price. I also visit The Sportsman's Guide to check their prices and watch for their Emails with the $10 off coupons and free shipping coupons. Target ammo I've been buying in 1,000 round cases and hollow points in smaller lots since I don't shoot them as often due to the higher cost. I found ammo cans at The Sportsman's Guide that hold 1,300 rounds and are lockable.

I am so happy to find NJGF and thanks again to all of you. I used the Ammoengine {Hats off Rifleman 1}

website to order 250 rounds each of 9mm and 38's along with 2 HK speed loaders from Sportsman Guide and was able to use their $20.00 coupon which expires today. So basically the shipping was free.Great resources Gentlemen.