Ray Ray

First gun you've ever shot

M1 Carbine. My dad would hold it and I got to pull the trigger. The second gun I ever shot was a Ruger revolver in 44 magnum. After shooting the M1 I went to the jeep, picked up the revolver and asked "Now can we shoot the little one?" Dad held that for me as well.

my dad bought my brother and I a Daisy red rider as kids (9 and 11) and we would try to shoot each other as we took turns running across our field of view ( left to right and back at about 15 yards away). it would hurt but it wouldn't go through our sears tough skins pants.

then I shot a .22 bolt action at camp (12?)

then a M16 at ft Sill

then a M60, M203 and a M2 .50 in Korea

and I shot a MLRS rocket launcher rocket as a crew chief in Korea.

now that's a big gun

300px-MLRS_05.jpg

When I was 8, I went to a family wedding in New Mexico. One day, my dad, uncle, grandfather, and I went shooting in a canyon. They were shooting a bunch of my grandfather's guns (he's the only one who lived in NM)...38's, 45's, and a luger. For me, they brought along a .22. I can't be positive, but I think it was Browning Buckmark. I went back to NM last year and asked to go to that canyon. What used to be empty, pristine, beautiful desert is now a bunch of strip malls and cookie cutter housing developments.

I started shooting when I was pretty young, around 6 or 7 with my Grandfather. He has a hunting camp in NY that we went too and still do. I started shooting the bolt action Marlin 100 first, it was a single shot .22. Then I used a Remington Nylon 66, and a Glenfield Model 60. We still have them all too.

M16A2-- yep, never even saw a firearm up-close and in person until I had signed away my good years.

Same here. Unless you count that daisy bb rifle I had. I was able to hit the flat side of a hanging washer at 15' with that thing !

I had a Crossman BB rifle when I was a kid, but when I was 10 yrs. old, living in Greenville, SC, the Greenville PD took our Webelos troop out to the range for a gun safety class. Shot a S&W .38 revolver (standard police issue back then) and a Remington 12 gauge shotgun. I was a skinny little runt back then and the shotgun literally knocked me on my a**...:sarcastichand:

Been hooked ever since.

I had a Crossman BB rifle when I was a kid, but when I was 10 yrs. old, living in Greenville, SC, the Greenville PD took our Webelos troop out to the range for a gun safety class. Shot a S&W .38 revolver (standard police issue back then) and a Remington 12 gauge shotgun. I was a skinny little runt back then and the shotgun literally knocked me on my a**...:sarcastichand: Been hooked ever since.

i had a crossman bb rifle and handgun as well never really considered it a gun but thanks for reminding me of the fun experiences

Savage model 4c .22 bolt action. That was quickly followed by m1's and enfields. The police and my grandfathers Vfw had a gun safey and shooting class for kids in town every year. The class started out calm with .22's then the old vets would decide it's time to bring out the vfw's weapon stash. They still have a case of m1's and enfields in the Vfw post. Which is partly why in the event of a total emergency (zombie apocalypse) that's where I decided I'd go. a brick building with no windows and steel doors. That just happened to have a fully stocked bar, food and a case of high powered rifles. Sounds like a winner to me