ronhonda

USPSA @ CJRPC (Jackson)4/10/11

So as a newb, how many rounds should I bring?

For CJ. the short answer is at least 150, preferably 200.

My general forumla. Take the number of stages (for CJ it's usually 5 unless we get a huge crowd then we toss in a 6th) and multiply by 32 (max round count per stage under USPSA rules), then add 32 (in case you have to reshoot a stage).

Very few matches ever run the max round count for each stage, so you have some buffer for missing in that formula.

I'm also going to throw in a plea for folks to come out early to help set things up. We are way short of help this month as we are down 4 regulars who usually design and build stages.

We get there at 8am to get things going, getting there by 8:30am is usually sufficient to help out.

If anyone is interested in doing stage design, PM me with contact info and I'll add you to the list. We don't care if you are new to doing stage design, we'll do some hand holding to get you up to speed.

Thanks.

Going to try to make it for Sunday...One question though, is regular, jacketed ball ammo OK, or do i need to scramble to get lead only? Also, what exactly do I need Gun-wise, Handgun only, or Rifle and shotgun as well?

I'm also going to throw in a plea for folks to come out early to help set things up. We are way short of help this month as we are down 4 regulars who usually design and build stages.

We get there at 8am to get things going, getting there by 8:30am is usually sufficient to help out.

I'll be there around 8:30 to help out. Looking forward to it.

Who knows, doesnt really matter either way. Even if 60 plus, there are plenty of pits, and squads. =)

In other news, dont have the mags for my new blaster, they will not be in here till Monday. So will probably shoot Lim 10 with a Production extra classifier, or Production with a Lim 10 extra.

Had a great time at this match. All of the courses were challenging in their own way, but not TOO hard. It was a really good match. Weather was great too.

Can't wait to see the video's, then scores.

The stage that Maks designed was great, I messed up on it big time too!! As soon as I fired that last shot, I knew I should have just accepted the miss. Ended up costing me AT LEAST 7 seconds.

I was there with my cousin. Shot in squad 3. I took 3 vids of my cousin. I forgot to put my phone into HD mode though. Booooo. I'll post them later. I dunno what anyone looks like so not sure who else was there. I was the tallest guy there with a grey hooded sweatshirt on when I wasn't shooting. How long does it take to post the scores? Had a great time as well.

Scores depend on when I get enough free time over the next couple of days to a week. It takes about 3 hours to do the scores, and I often spread it out over a couple to a few days because of work/family/etc. I make sure they are done by the next weekend at worst case.

Sounds good. I believe I shot in your squad as a first time shooter. Thanks for the mag advice.

Thanks Vlad, again.

Great match with a variety of great stages. All challenging in their own way.

Terrific turnout, 65 people or so, and yet, moved very quickly.

Thank you Matt and John for helping set up the stage. Thank you again for the compliments.

Vlad, we need a texas star. :sarcastichand:

Maksim, that was a great stage you designed. It got a lot of good comments from the other competitors!

For those of you who weren't lucky enough to experience the creative and diabolical talents of Maksim, here is a video of me a handsome fellow shooting his stage. This was the very first shooter of the day to run through it.

A few comments on the video:

1) Although you see his earmuffs around his head instead of covering his ears fear not, as he had ear plugs in (he normally doubles-up for handguns)

2) The "stinky powder" referred to by the videographer is Unique, and not some ex-mil stuff recovered from WWII soviet ammo.

3) Yes, it would have been more time effective to engage the right-hand side targets first and not need to back up. He got caught up in the moment of engaging the metal poppers. It happens...

Thanks again everyone for a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YvxCPRYEF-Q

I found the "You don't want me designing stages" stage that was designed by Vlad as the most challenging. First off it was my first match ever. You also had to shoot one handed around the fence, both sides that is. I think I hit a hostage target on that one. Also the popper that caused the middle target to spin was rough. I did get an A zone hit on it though.

The Zombie one was cool. I like the shooting thru the "barrel" However when do you see an upside down zombie!!!! haha

I found the "You don't want me designing stages" stage that was designed by Vlad as the most challenging. First off it was my first match ever. You also had to shoot one handed around the fence, both sides that is.

Yes, my stage was challenging for new shooters (and experienced ones as well). I have somewhat of a reputation for designing ... interesting stages. The thing about it that no shot on that stage was impossible or even very hard, its just that every single shot was somewhat hard. The entire stage was one giant speeding trap, if you took your time and made every shot its own little challenge, most everyone should have been able to make all them. However add the time pressure and everyone screws up. I took 2 or 3 penalties myself, some people as many as 16.

If it is easy, whats the point?

Fun day...challenging stages and good weather. This was my second time out; it took two stages to get the jitters out, but then I did OK. I need to focus on slowing down because I had some easy misses due to rushing. I messed up Mak's stage by putting four holes in one target and failing to engage the other. Oh well...

I will be on vacation the next two weekends, but look forward to the May events.

Babaganoosh - I was in your squad. I was wearing a black sweatshirt and shot last in the first stage. I was the one talking to your cousin about the Open class shooters while we were waiting for Stage 1.

Thanks Vlad!

Mike

hehe. =P

I am resizing the videos right now, they were all shot in 1080p ultra high res, so each one is like gigs. =) Will be up in a few hours.

Awesome, can't wait.

P.S. As soon as I ACTUALLY showed clear on your stage, I knew I shouldn't have taken that shot. I was in "shoot all the targets" mode, and just didn't think fast enough.