ronhonda

USPSA @ CJRPC (Jackson)4/10/11

USPSA @ CJ on 4/10/11

You know the drill;

Show up, help out, shoot the match, tear down, hang out, and go home and ponder on your errors for the day.

If you are a new shooter be there no later than 9am and announce yourself loudly as a new shooter.

Help is always needed in building the stages, so come early if you can.

Any other questions just post them and we will try to answer them as best as we can.

I will be going, thanks to Maks for letting me know about this ahead of time. I was wondering if anyone was going to post it on here.

If you are a new shooter to CJ, but not a new shooter to USPSA, do you still have to do the new shooter safety briefing?

Also, I'd like to come early and help set up. Any time you suggest getting there? I was planning on around 7:30-8.

Wont make this one- opening weekend of trout season so I'll be on the stream.

Will be making up for this one with the end of April OB uspsa.

Also anyone going to the 3-gun April 17th at Topton? I plan on making the 2 hour drive.

Also anyone going to the 3-gun April 17th at Topton? I plan on making the 2 hour drive.

If you haven't, you need to email Dean the match director to let him know you plan on attending. There will be limited slots available. [email protected]

Match is full.

This will be my first match ever. I need to sign up for the USPSA as well. I hear you can do that at the match. Do I have to reserve a spot or anything? Someone hellllpp

Yup, I signed up for a membership at the Shongum match - $40 for the year and it pays for your first match too. I think the limited # of spots is for the Topton 3gun match... right?

Yup, I signed up for a membership at the Shongum match - $40 for the year and it pays for your first match too. I think the limited # of spots is for the Topton 3gun match... right?

yes for the 3gun match.

Thanks for info on 3gun.. Sorry for confusion everyone.

Someone at OB uspsa last month mentioned a qualifier day with like.. 4 Qualifier stages? I'm prolly forgetting this info wrong- is that coming up or even a real thing? I could use that to get my first 6 under my belt.

Thanks for info on 3gun.. Sorry for confusion everyone.

Someone at OB uspsa last month mentioned a qualifier day with like.. 4 Qualifier stages? I'm prolly forgetting this info wrong- is that coming up or even a real thing? I could use that to get my first 6 under my belt.

It's called a special classifier match. OB usually holds one with 4 stages the second Friday of December during the usual time their indoor match is scheduled. CJ usually holds one or two a year with at least 5 stages.

We usually schedule a low attendance month as it means we don't have to track people down to design stages and setup is easier. We are considering doing one in August due to match director vacation and the fact that it is usually beastly hot at CJ that time of year.

Thanks for the solid info. As you noticed I'm new to the USPSA, but between info gained at matches and on here I'm getting the hang of it.

Hope you guys have good weather Sunday, it looks like rain for most of the weekend up in Sussex county where I'm going fishing, maybe a bit drier in Jackson.

I'm in! I'll bring a Filp Video cam. Takes good vid and it's nice and small. There is a qualifier match at Long Island Practical Shooters on April 17th. They put on a great match but it's a hike to West Hampton Beach!!

Jan