wildchevys

Ace entry skeleton stock....INSTALLED!!!!

I got REAL lucky. i had a friend come over (who i thought was bringing a stock tool) but wound up not. I already had the gun apart and was determined to get the stock on before i put the gun back togethor. I called around and no one had a tool to buy. I then called Arms N Ammo and was told "come on down" this was at like 5pm today. I went down there and got there about 10 to 6, and was in and out in about 15 minutes, he is a REAL pleasure to deal with, really really really great guy. on to the pics:

DSC02853.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

The ACE's are nice stocks. The foam works great in the winter and in the summer when you are sweating like mad during long hours of training outside. I recently took mine off for a Magpul stock in OD. My recent built is all OD and black and I was thinking about spray painted the ACE, but went with the Magpul. Again, they are a nice stock.

hows the LOP?....i wanna get one but I'm afraid it might be too short.

The OP's stock is the Entry Stock, if this is too short for you, you can get the standard ARFX skeleton stock which, IIRC, is equal to an A2 in LOP dimension. Ace also makes a thicker recoil pad for the Entry Stock to slightly increase the LOP.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The OP's stock is the Entry Stock, if this is too short for you, you can get the standard ARFX skeleton stock which, IIRC, is equal to an A2 in LOP dimension. Ace also makes a thicker recoil pad for the Entry Stock to slightly increase the LOP.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, I have to correct you sir. It's NOT equal in length to a standard A2 stock. I'm not sure of the length though.

Bob, I have to correct you sir. It's NOT equal in length to a standard A2 stock. I'm not sure of the length though.

Ray, you are correct. The ARFX is about .5" shorter than an A2 (13.5" vs. 14.0").

I have both the A2 length and Entry sized ACE stocks on my AR's. I vastly prefer the Entry stock, even though it's still a little short for me. At some point in the very near future, I'll be adding a 1" extender that goes between the receiver and stock w/ QD sling mount hole. Knights and Fulton Armory both offer this (both in the $45-50 range) and DPMS offers the same w/out the QD sling mount (about $35).

I'd like to purchase a Magpul, or similar type, collapsable stock (something w/ a cheek slope and possibly storage) and cut out the middle out to take the place of the foamy section on the ACE. I find the topside of the charging handle wears a little heavily since the foam pushes it up when being actuated.

It absolutely sucks that the ACE Entry stock, the Sully stock and the miniturized A2 stock that I think DPMS carries, are the only smaller than full length fixed stocks available. I'd love to see something based on VLTOR's new A5 system w/ storage capability and different lengths available. I'm just not a fan of pinned collapsable stocks.

so I've heard that the foam & charge handle make contact, how deep is the contact? In a tactical situation does this feel like a possible issue?

I like your set up though, it's close to what I'm working on at the moment. :)

so I've heard that the foam & charge handle make contact, how deep is the contact? In a tactical situation does this feel like a possible issue?

I like your set up though, it's close to what I'm working on at the moment. :)

mine doesn't rub at all, and thanks