Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

New Glock?? Service Revolver??

bilde.jpeg

With the door locked and children in the next room, Bolin holds his former service revolver, a Glock 21, 45 acp. Jim Bolin, a reserve officer for the Mooresville Police Department, has no problem having guns in the house even though he and his wife have five kids under the age of 5. He scoffs at calls for more gun control even after the shooting in Martinsville last week. He says keeping his guns locked up and teaching kids how to respect and use firearms when they're old enough is the best way to keep school shootings from happening.

LINK

• Like 1

I think "service revolver" is often simply used as a term to represent an officer's duty weapon. It's just one of those terms that's been around so long (considering police carried revolvers for over a century) that it stuck, even though they don't actually carry revolvers anymore in most cases.

Or it could be the Lame Stream Media continually demonizing semi auto pistols.

Continues the myth of the Police being outgunned.

• Like 1

Or it could be the Lame Stream Media continually demonizing semi auto pistols.

Continues the myth of the Police being outgunned.

Many departments still refer to the Duty weapon Oficially as the "Service Revolver" even though they carry Semi-Autos. I can think of half a dozen around me that use that terminology in their reules and Regs.