imperialfish

Sig P226 15-Rd 9mm Magazine

Thanks to skibum2 I found this great deal.I ordered 5 mags and there going to be shipping out today. These are factory new mags for 25.00. Thats a price you cant beat. I email Will he was quick to respond and very helpful. Below is Will contact info if you have any questions.

Sig P226 15-Rd 9mm Magazine (factory new )

Price: $25.00

<[email protected]

http://www.rptactical.com/product-detail/sig-p226-15-rd-9mm-magazine-sale/512

Not to pi$$ in your cornflakes, but that ad ran up a little red flag. While the picture shows a Sig Factory Mag with the Sig logo on it, the text of the ad says the mags are unmarked. Nowhere does it say these are Sig mags, it just says they are for the Sig 226 in 9mm. I hope you don't end up with Pro-Mags or something equally non-functional. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read the description. So I contacted the company and here was there response.

These are in fact factory sealed. It is extra inventory we have. Although I'm not sure why the wording is the way it is on the site, I assume the "unmarked" means they are in excellent condition, not used. They are still in the original unopened bags.

That's good. While I am typically a "glass-half-full" kind of guy, I also operate by the principle of "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't". Glad you found a deal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm eager to hear what you have to say, was hoping to pick some up. The most recent iteration of factory mags work the best in my P226. For some reason, the last generation of mags with the slight bump on the floorplate, and the different follower fit too snugly and don't drop free easily. The picture looks like the newest version.

You may unfortunately receive CheckMate-manufactured factory mags instead of the desireable Mec-Gars as $25 is the going rate on CheckMate's for the 226. Exeter began using CheckMate last year as an OEM supplier. CheckMates are made in the USA, and it's often indicated on the magazine itself or on the plastic wrapper they will be in. CheckMates for Sig are known to be unreliable.

I ordered and received three of these. They are identical to the extra mag I purchased from the Sig store last year ($46 on the Sig website). They have the SS logo on the side and say "Mec-Gar Made in Italy".

Then this is truly a great deal! For that price, I'll be adding more to feed my 226s! Thanks!

I ordered some on Friday and hadn't received any shipping confirmation like everyone else did, so I was about to write an email asking when they'd be shipped... and the Fed Ex guy showed up. Exactly as advertised, Mec-Gar 15 rounders. Very pleased with my order.

bry@n

i can probably let you know tomorrow it seems. i placed my order at 3:31 and Estimated delivery is Apr 15, 2011 by 4:30 PM

as for the finishes, so i get my terminology correct. there is AFC which is black and shiny, phosphate finish which is matte and gritty, and the mec car nickel shiny ones. is that correct?

not sure on the afc.

there is blued, then there is phosphate which is black and shiny, there there is the new finish which is like parkerized, then there is anti snag which is the parkerized and kinda polished.

I think I confused the phosphate and parkerized....lol

I will show you the anti snags, when we meet for the srt's. They should be in tomorrow. Got a notice in the mail today.

ah. these are the two finishes on the ones i have

p226 9mm 15rd sig branded mecgar. these are shiny and smooth

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/e032ae54.jpg

p229 40/357 12rd sig branded mecgar these are matte and kinda gritty feeling

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/00fe7074.jpg

ah. these are the two finishes on the ones i have

p226 9mm 15rd sig branded mecgar. these are shiny and smooth

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/e032ae54.jpg

p229 40/357 12rd sig branded mecgar these are matte and kinda gritty feeling

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/00fe7074.jpg

These are the phosphate matte finish Mec-Gar's.

I just got them. I'll open them in a little bit.

What does sig ship with the guns. I'd have to say the ones I got factory are anti snag I guess? And the ones I got for the 229 are regular matte phosphate.

Too many different options it makes it really hard to follow

got them. seems they are the matte phosphate. the factory ones i have must be the anti snag. heres the 2 factory ones i got and the 4 i got from the link here. overall id say it was a great price and an amazing turnaround time. too bad he didnt have any p229 40/357 mags or i would pick some of them up too. although at 6 15rd 9mm p226 mags, id say im a little better off than i was a few days ago if the zombies come!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/wsaraceni/IMG_1879.jpg