Melgamatic

Fanwood - 31 days for 2 PP

Submitted forms on Friday, March 11th, received my phone call to come pick up today, which is 31 days by my count.

I think it would have been faster but my strong local reference shooting buddy forgot to return his ref letter for a week or so.

Got two unsolicited status phone calls during the process telling me how it was going.

Cost was $18 MO for the background check, then $4 cash for the permits on pickup.

So, I continue to be happy with my local fuzz, who are good guys.

Unfortunately, 7 months later they have completely fallen apart. I'm now at 69 days.

I don't really need them, so I've been holding off contacting them to see how long it actually took without any prodding. I live on the same block as the PD, know a couple Sgts personally, and figured I'd let it take its course.

But, now I guess I have to call someone. Unfortunately, none of them are ever in the office anytime I'm at home, and have to be several hours late to work to ever have personal contact with a police officer. There are NONE ever in the office.