Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

KA-BAR Becker TAC Tool came in..

purchased as an impulse buy.. I wanted a super heavy duty knife that would stand up to prying chopping etc... this thing is insanely solid... it feels like a heavy duty meat clever.. pictures to come..

https://www.kabar.com/product/productDetail.do?productNumber=BK3&mode=search&categoryId=1,7,9&categoryName=Product%20Search%20Results

I agree, this knife is advertised to break open doors... nuff said, lol.

what happens if all 6 of your cheap blades break trying to pry something open. I find the cheap blades are good for typical use, do you need a 100 dollar knife to cut twine? no. Do you need a 100 dollar knife to pry open a door, probably. Will you ever have to pry open a door? maybe..

It's just a matter of finding the right tool for the job. Are you going to use a knife to open a can when you have a can opener? I use a 10 dollar box cutter to open boxes, not my 5" fixed blade, although i could use it if i wanted.

The more purposes a knife has the better it is in my book.

Whats the point in buying something you know will break? and probably when you most need it.

• Like 1

You can also buy 4 Hi-point pistols for the price of a Glock, doesn't mean it's worth it. I would rather have 1 knife that is dependable, than 7 that I can't trust to cut through my steak and potato's.

your criticism would be spot on if it weren;t for the fact the damn thing is like a cockroach and out-survives a lot of other knives. It gets 4.5 gifanims form knifetests.com

http://knifetests.com/KnifeTestsPage2.html

The becker bk9, the closest thing to the TAC tool, gets two.

The guy is highly abusive to the knives.

your criticism would be spot on if it weren;t for the fact the damn thing is like a cockroach and out-survives a lot of other knives. It gets 4.5 gifanims form knifetests.com

http://knifetests.com/KnifeTestsPage2.html

The becker bk9, the closest thing to the TAC tool, gets two.

The guy is highly abusive to the knives.

he gives it two stars.. but I watched segments of the video where he was cutting through some huge paver or something.. not sure how exactly he decides the rating.. but good enough for anything I will likely ever need it for... also I am pretty sure the tack tool is thicker than the one you mention.. I am not even sure I would consider it a traditional knife.. it was more a utility tool that I thought was reliable.. so in the bag that goes in the trunk it went.. will I ever USE it.. probably.. will I ever NEED it.. probably not..