DirtyDigz

Online ammunition retailers that will ship to New Jersey

TargetSportsUSA is sold out of the common range ammo, but does have HST and Gold Dot 9mm in stock. Unfortunately the 50% off sale is long gone! But they do have it with an expected 15 day shipping delay.

OK, I missed the stock market runup. But I caught the discounted ammo train.

• Haha 1

I got a case of that hst beginning of feb at 50% off. They did need my FPID uploaded to their system.

I ordered another case of .22lr over week and half ago... still hasn't shipped.. bur my order from sportsmans guide came which was placed on the same day..

Just "topping off" my reserves 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:42 PM, Scorpio64 said:

I tried to wise yous guys up four years ago, when PSA (and some others) started demanding FID for shotgun and rifle ammo because NJ put pressure on them.  Back then, they caved to NJ, and ya'll said "stop being a troublemaker, just send your FID.  Then I explained there was no handgun ammo in my orders, and ya'll repeated, "stop being difficult, it don't matter, it's no big deal, what's the problem".

Well...  Guess what, it matters now, don't it?  I tried to warn yous guys about the dem's incremental squeezing.

I have emailed a number of online outlets starting back in 2010... I can tell you with certainty, they give about zero fucks...

They sell so much ammo that the maybe 20 people complaining in NJ would have zero effect on their bottom line. 

8 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I have emailed a number of online outlets starting back in 2010... I can tell you with certainty, they give about zero fucks...

They sell so much ammo that the maybe 20 people complaining in NJ would have zero effect on their bottom line. 

20 people complaining represents WAY more than 20 people.

5 minutes ago, AC10 said:

20 people complaining represents WAY more than 20 people.

These are businesses... if they dont feel pressure on their bottom line they are highly unlikely to respond. 

Is it worth the possible litigation expenses when NJ brings them to court? 

There are stores IN NJ that have policies more strict than the law... and people still use their services and buy their products. 

I definitely had sufficient at the end of 2019. So when TSUSA ran that sale and I ordered some more, I ended up thinking 'Why did I do that? I have enough already.'

Now I know. And to quote one popular figure I know 'he's an incredible genius!'.

Or was it just men's intuition?

On 3/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, JackDaWack said:

These are businesses... if they dont feel pressure on their bottom line they are highly unlikely to respond. 

Is it worth the possible litigation expenses when NJ brings them to court? 

There are stores IN NJ that have policies more strict than the law... and people still use their services and buy their products. 

Based on what criteria would they be brought to court?

19 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Illegally selling regulated items in NJ.

The tax Nexus basically solidified any arguments around this...

Except they wouldn't be illegally selling in NJ.  The laws you're referring to apply to brick-n-mortar locations in NJ and that comes directly from Nappen.  If say Classic Firearms had such a location in NJ then yes, they'd be on the hook for getting a copy of the FID but they don't.

9 minutes ago, AC10 said:

Except they wouldn't be illegally selling in NJ.  The laws you're referring to apply to brick-n-mortar locations in NJ and that comes directly from Nappen.  If say Classic Firearms had such a location in NJ then yes, they'd be on the hook for getting a copy of the FID but they don't.

Legally, SCOTUS has determined they have a presence in NJ at a minimum for tax purposes.. If NJ tax LAW applies to them.. well....

I would like to see a reference from Nappan, I cant possibly imagine he would suggest an out of state business break NJ law simply because they don't have a store here. from a legal perspective they are "doing businesses" in NJ and need to follow the law.. 

They've even sued over online advertising.. its not like they haven't sued before, they do it all the time.. 

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong, It's just a matter of fact that nothings settled in regards to the matter.. but similar cases do not show favorable outcome

16 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Legally, SCOTUS has determined they have a presence in NJ at a minimum for tax purposes.. If NJ tax LAW applies to them.. well....

I would like to see a reference from Nappan, I cant possibly imagine he would suggest an out of state business break NJ law simply because they don't have a store here. from a legal perspective they are "doing businesses" in NJ and need to follow the law.. 

They've even sued over online advertising.. its not like they haven't sued before, they do it all the time.. 

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong, It's just a matter of fact that nothings settled in regards to the matter.. but similar cases do not show favorable outcome

Well I can say Classic and Cabelas do charge the correct NJ sales tax.

if anyone is interested Targetsports sent me an email that my Aguila .22 40 grain super extra copper clad high velocity available,  the price obviously has gone up from my last case .

I have been buying this by the case now and find it is a very good all around plinking ammo,   It evens functions in my model 41 with no issues.  it is also the best in my s&w 617 4"

4 hours ago, AC10 said:

Can someone direct me to where on this site would be the best place to ask a FFL paperwork question???  Thank you.

I am sure if you put in where in Jersey you live someone will answer with where there is a FFL that can help you?  I am in Central Jersey and my go to guy is Tony at Garden State Shooting Center in Lakewood.  Try calling them after 10:00 at (732) 987-6990

2 hours ago, XDJohnTact said:

I am sure if you put in where in Jersey you live someone will answer with where there is a FFL that can help you?  I am in Central Jersey and my go to guy is Tony at Garden State Shooting Center in Lakewood.  Try calling them after 10:00 at (732) 987-6990

Hi John, I just went ahead and started a new thread.  Thank you regardless.

I have been using TargetSportsUSA. Overall their prices for the ammo I’ve been buying seem to have been holding steady. Some orders have been taking about a week, others have taken 3-4 weeks

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone have any issues with target sports? Been reading their reviews and have been hesitant because of it. 

just received an order two weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Anyone have any issues with target sports? Been reading their reviews and have been hesitant because of it. 

I have not had any issues with Target Sports and have ordered from them multiple times 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

No. I've been dealing with them for six years. The only issue ever was shipment delay, but that was always during a buying crush nationwide, when everyone else across the board was delayed.

I'm a Prime member and my annual surprise shipment arrives Monday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

i ordered through them and dont have a tracking number after 7 days? Curious if theyre just getying slammed thanks to the current state of the country

I ordered from them on 6/4, received a shipping conformation on 6/5 and my order should be here tomorrow. I am a Prime member so that may get me faster shipping times, and I am in Pennsylvania but that should not matter. 

3 minutes ago, HODGIE said:

I ordered from them on 6/4, received a shipping conformation on 6/5 and my order should be here tomorrow. I am a Prime member so that may get me faster shipping times, and I am in Pennsylvania but that should not matter. 

Im a prime member also, i live in nj. Shouldnt be taking this long. Ill give em a call i guess

4 minutes ago, Princetonian58 said:

Anyone have news about Cabelas?  I tried to order a couple of cases of shotshells from them yesterday but the order won't process.  Has Cabelas recently decided not to ship ammo to NJ?  I bought shells on line from them in April and had no issue.

Looks like Cabelas just went full Bass Pro.