DirtyDigz

Online ammunition retailers that will ship to New Jersey

Sportsmans guide wouldn't sell me 308 ammo. When I went to order it said can not ship to NJ

.308 works for me.

I even changed my zip to bayonne. The only written policy they have is for Illinois residents (and that's just the they have to submit copy of DL and FID).

So this came back to haunt me last week.

I ordered some stuff from them (including ammo) about 10 days ago. Order went through, no problem and then I forgot about it.

On Friday, a FedEx delivery guy calls me on my cell telling me he can't find my address.... in Bayonne! I think WTF? I didn't order anything to be delivered to Bayonne. Gotta be a mistake. So I tell the dude to send whatever it is back.

Then I remembered that I have a gun at Kittery Trading Post that waiting for a copy of OMG's FFL, which I hadn't asked him to send yet. Did they call OMG and get it from him and that's my gun??? Fu......! 

I call the number back and tell the driver: Deliver it to 395 Broadway, ask for Rick.

A little while later, I get a call from Rick telling me that FedEx delivered a box w/ some ammo, targets etc from Sportsmans Guide. LOL!

I never changed the zip code on my account from Bayonne back to Edison.

Luckily, Rick is awesome and was fine with it.

Just an FYI Palmetto State Armory required a copy of my FID card (and only mentioned it to me AFTER I emaled them 3x about why my order of in-stock ammo has not yet shipped) and ONLY delivers to the address listed on the FID card.

Sucks for me because I usually ship to my work address since I'm never home during delivery hours, and our mailroom can sign for the packages.

Interesting, because I recently ordered 5.56mm from PSA and no FID was required. Perhaps they required it from you because your order included handgun caliber ammo? 

Ordered 9mm ammo. Problem was not the FID request, but the shipping address - would not ship to my work.

Also annoyed that PSA never mentioned they required my FID until after I sent emails two weeks after order was placed inquiring why my [in stock] ammo had not shipped.

Plus after PSA emailed me saying they would refund my credit card, it took 30 DAYS TO GET THE CHARGES REVERSED.

Will never use PSA again for ammo.

Ordered from Midway yesterday. I had to email them a copy of my NJ FID. 24 hours later I completed my ammo order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that's odd because I ordered 9mm from Midway and I actually called them because I didn't see where I could upload a copy of my DL and FID and whoever I spoke with told me they don't worry about our states different laws because I checked off a box that says I am making a legal purchase and am not breaking any of my state laws. I've already received the ammo and they never had me send copies in. The reason I called was because I had made a purchase from Freedomammo and a day or so after ordering they called me to get me to email them copies. As soon as I did that they shipped BUT it was delayed 1-2 days already, ya know? So I was trying to make sure I had no problems with Midway and I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just visited their site - they don't appear to have an online store operational.  How do you order from them, via phone/email?

Lucky i'm only 15 min from his shop so I just go get them.  Call Mark (owner) he will ship it.

WTF their website still has absolutely no info on prices, stock, shipping cost, or ballistics. Is it even worth the effort calling?

Try out Mark's products at ModernMunitions.com.  Great product and prices.  I've fired a few hundred rounds of 9/40/45s with no issues to date.

WDOYrVO.jpg

pDlq806.jpg

WTF their website still has absolutely no info on prices, stock, shipping cost, or ballistics. Is it even worth the effort calling?

Modern Munitions - http://www.modernmunitions.com - NOTE - As of 01/31/2014 Modern Munitions does not support online ordering.  Call or email the contacts on the web site to order.

I ordered 400 9mm rounds' worth of various brands from Target Sports USA in Connecticut. I ordered on Tuesday 9/16 in the late afternoon and got it this morning 9/18  via Fedex. Good prices and quickly shipped. I called them and asked about sending my FID or DL and they stated they didn't need it. IIRC I had to check some boxes upon ordering to "prove" I was legally able to purchase ammo in NJ so I guess that's their reasons for not needing my FID sent. My guess would be the other sites that have something like that set up when you order won't ask for your FID either, but I could be wrong. So I'm happy with Target Sports USA so far.

PS, I can understand the dismay some feel about having this thread out in the open, so to speak. Maybe it would be better if it was somehow locked so only members can see/respond to it?

I think you can take Midway off the list vis a vis handgun ammo. I uploaded my FOID last Friday and could not place an order. Got the "Restricted Items" message. Repeated Monday. Still nothing. Faxed it Tuesday. Again nothing. Called today. Explained I am in NJ and am trying to order HG ammo. Got hung up on.