DirtyDigz

Online ammunition retailers that will ship to New Jersey

17 minutes ago, Princetonian58 said:

Anyone have news about Cabelas?  I tried to order a couple of cases of shotshells from them yesterday but the order won't process.  Has Cabelas recently decided not to ship ammo to NJ?  I bought shells on line from them in April and had no issue.

Do you have youre FPID on file with them?

On 6/26/2020 at 11:35 AM, Krdshrk said:

Looks like Cabelas just went full Bass Pro.  

Scumbags

On 4/5/2020 at 12:07 AM, JackDaWack said:

Illegally selling regulated items in NJ.

The tax Nexus basically solidified any arguments around this...

Ammo is illegal to own?

4 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Ammo is illegal to own?

How did you get that from... "Illegally selling regulated items"?

If I sold you a box of handgun ammo in NJ, and you didnt have an FPID.. does that make general ownership of ammo illegal? No.

The tax nexus ruling established that companies have a physical presence in a state under certain conditions... if that is applied to tax law, there is no reason it wouldn't apply to any regulatory law, or at least argued.  

5 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

How did you get that from... "Illegally selling regulated items"?

If I sold you a box of handgun ammo in NJ, and you didnt have an FPID.. does that make general ownership of ammo illegal? No.

The tax nexus ruling established that companies have a physical presence in a state under certain conditions... if that is applied to tax law, there is no reason it wouldn't apply to any regulatory law, or at least argued.  

was just clarifying

there was no legal restriction to sell ammo yet the state threatened illegally imho.  I don't need a FID, per NJ law to buy rifle ammo and that FID requirement was only for ammo soley used in handguns. 

unless I'm wrong

3 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

was just clarifying

there was no legal restriction to sell ammo yet the state threatened illegally imho.  I don't need a FID, per NJ law to buy rifle ammo and that FID requirement was only for ammo soley used in handguns. 

Even here in the PRNJ I have had to show my FID card for every ammo sale.  Even rifle ammo sometimes gets written in "THE BOOK" they say due to the stupid Thompson Contender!

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

Even here in the PRNJ I have had to show my FID card for every ammo sale.  Even rifle ammo sometimes gets written in "THE BOOK" they say due to the stupid Thompson Contender!

but that is not the law, that is cya policy of gun sellers.  FID is only required for ammo used soley in handguns.  I should be able to buy 9,22 etc since it's used in rifles as well

it's all such bs this state....grrrrrr

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

That's really going to put a dent in my shotgun ammo purchases.

If I am not mistaken, you are within reasonable distance to Solomon's Shooter Supply in Farmingdale.  Gene's prices are good, and he always has what you need.   His shop is probably the last of it's kind in NJ.  A true mom and pop shop.  Bring cash.

• Like 1

I've placed a few orders from Simmons' over the last few weeks. They just posted this on Reddit.

Simmons Sporting Goods Friday Ammo EDIT UPDATE

I just received a not so nice phone call and I have to turn NJ, CT, MA, IL, and DC off until Monday as we have to change our process of selling ammo into these state. Don't Fear, We have 7,000 more boxes of 9mm and will be releasing it next week after I have this new process in place. I cant risk law suite of loss of FFL so we have to make a couple changes. I apologize for this but we will be back Monday and will have more ammo for you.

Why in the hell are people still putting a list of retailers that will ship to NJ without FPID? This is shooting yourself in the foot at it's very best. I just saw the post where NJ just got the payoff from the magazine dealer.They are going to be even more emboldened. Stating that an out of state retailer doesn't require FPID on the forum is just dumb. When I lived in NJ I had to provide my FPID for handgun ammo at brick and mortar retailers just like everyone else. I also provided it to online retailers as well if I wanted what they were selling. It seems misguided to devote so much energy in trying to convince a retailer that they don't need to have a copy of your FPID. Work on getting the stupid law changed instead. 

4 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Why in the hell are people still putting a list of retailers that will ship to NJ without FPID? This is shooting yourself in the foot at it's very best. I just saw the post where NJ just got the payoff from the magazine dealer.They are going to be even more emboldened. Stating that an out of state retailer doesn't require FPID on the forum is just dumb. When I lived in NJ I had to provide my FPID for handgun ammo at brick and mortar retailers just like everyone else. I also provided it to online retailers as well if I wanted what they were selling. It seems misguided to devote so much energy in trying to convince a retailer that they don't need to have a copy of your FPID. Work on getting the stupid law changed instead. 

There is no debate over brick-n-mortar stores.  The law as it's written is a state law imposed on retailers located in the state.  Some online retailers even request the FID for products it's not required for.  There's nothing wrong with educating them.  It's misguided to do nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Why does it matter if they want your fid card?

It's one thing to show your card, then take it right back, at a local store. It's something else to email it to someone, and never know what will happen with that information. In some cases, they even want a copy of your DL, along with the FID. You good sending your information to some unknown company and administrative staff across the country?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It's one thing to show your card, then take it right back, at a local store. It's something else to email it to someone, and never know what will happen with that information. In some cases, they even want a copy of your DL, along with the FID. You good sending your information to some unknown company and administrative staff across the country?

Fair enough. I feel like when ive purchasee in nj, they recorded this info in their book. I can see the hesitation though. 

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Sniper, thank you, you beat me to it.  "Your papers please" is a BS request when it's not req'd not to mention it's a recipe for ID fraud and sadly I can talk from experience on that.  It has happened to me twice.  One of the two times was minor and quickly cleaned up.  The other took a little under two years to fully clean up.  The legal people who helped me drove this home,.......unless required by law do not show anything which is connected to your ssn no matter how insignificant it may be.  If the connection is there you are increasing your chances of ID fraud.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Fair enough. I feel like when ive purchasee in nj, they recorded this info in their book. I can see the hesitation though. 

Yeah, they write down the card number, and give the card back to you. They don't retain a complete copy of it. But, I haven't bought ammo in this state for a long time, so I don't know what they are doing currently.

4 minutes ago, AC10 said:

The other took a little under two years to fully clean up.  The legal people who helped me drove this home,.......unless required by law do not show anything which is connected to your ssn no matter how insignificant it may be.  If the connection is there you are increasing your chances of ID fraud.

Exactly... I've had credit card numbers stolen multiple times by online companies. There are plenty of immoral employees at these companies that will use your data for their own personal benefit. If they don't have it in the first place, you're better off.

29 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Yeah, they write down the card number, and give the card back to you. They don't retain a complete copy of it. But, I haven't bought ammo in this state for a long time, so I don't know what they are doing currently.

Exactly... I've had credit card numbers stolen multiple times by online companies. There are plenty of immoral employees at these companies that will use your data for their own personal benefit. If they don't have it in the first place, you're better off.

Yes, credit card fraud isn't any fun either.  Also, I'll add once they request your FID good luck having the ammo sent to a different address.  If you'd like it sent to a work address, private mail box, whatever chances are they won't do it out of fear.

I usually buy my ammo locally, but with the inflated prices I just tried to look online. Unfortunately, I currently see no online retailer offering 9mm ammo. Any advise where to purchase the ammo these days?
When I went to a shooting range in PA, they offered the only 9mm 50-round boxes for $45. It is almost a $ per round!!! Well, these were hollow points, but still crazy. :(

This thread is pretty aged, last post from 2020.

Bringing it back up for discussion just to see any more recent go-to sites for online ammo orders that will ship to NJ, FPID or not, either way.

Mainly looking for rifle and shotgun ammo at the moment. Open to bulk suppliers or just regular orders.

8 hours ago, sroc112 said:

This thread is pretty aged, last post from 2020.

Yep.  I just went to the

Original List

and took a quick visit at all the sites and did the following:

- Removed all those that no longer had valid web site
- If they did still have a valid site, then viewed their terms & conditions or similar to see if they had any NJ restrictions, and removed any that would not ship ammo at all to NJ (buh bye Palmetto State Armory).

So the original list is now updated to remove some that look like they dropped off the web and those that state they won't ship ammo at all to NJ.

I did NOT attempt to place orders to NJ to see if the sites would let me so if anyone knows of sites that on the list that don't ship, please let me know.

Any sites that should be added please LMK also and I'll add them.