NJCSD

NJCSD: 'Keyboard Commando Squad'

Dear friends of NJGF,

Forgive the delay in posting this here, but we wanted to inform you all of a new program we've put together at the NJCSD. Here's the email we sent out a while ago announcing the program.

Dear friends of the NJCSD,

With so much news now migrating to electronic media and taking the anti-gun bias with it to the internet, we are presented with a new opportunity to combat the FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) that we have come to expect from the liberal news outlets.

The new alert system via email and wll be called ‘KCS’ or, the Keyboard Commando Squad.

We will use this list to send out ‘Fire Missions’ when we find out about articles that deserve either criticism or compliments by our community. However, this ‘alert system’ will be only as good as you members who bring things to our attention. We need you to be involved and have some skin in the game.

Because many of you have demonstrated a talent for posting on various forums, bulletin boards and websites around the internet, we have set up a new emailing list to keep you informed of opportunities to comment on anti-gun bias to correct the misinformation that is presented. Or, of course, when you see an article which tells the truth, that deserves to be acknowledged and rewarded by our community as well.

The goal is to have a 2-way system of communication with our members. Not only will you be alerted via Email and/or Facebook, but we will rely on you to let us know when you see something in the press, media or online that we ought to respond to.

Here’s how it works.

Whenever you see an article that is either negative or positive in the press or online about guns or self defense, let us know right away by sending an email to the designated address, we will confirm that the article is online, and send out an alert via Email, Facebook and Twitter (ID: NJCSD) containing a link to the article using our emailing system to those of you who sign up for this specific list.

Remember, you must be logged into our main website to register for the KCS list. It costs nothing to sign up, but if you like what we're doing with this and other programs, we encourage you to join or renew. The KCS option will appear in your 'User Menu'. After that, the system will automatically include you in any alerts, but you must voluntarily sign up.

If this system works as we hope, it will be a great way to become active in a way that’s fast, fun and easy.

Feel free to comment on our forum!

NJCSD/RK

Keyboard Commando really the best name for this? Usually that name is used for people who hide behind a keyboard being they wouldn't say or do in person what they would from the safety of their home behind a keyboard. Normally that phrase has negative connotations to it.

Just something to think about.

As far as making PRO Rights available and more real time and more viewable, that's great, especially if it can be made more main stream and reach more people.

Harry

Keyboard Commando really the best name for this? Usually that name is used for people who hide behind a keyboard being they wouldn't say or do in person what they would from the safety of their home behind a keyboard. Normally that phrase has negative connotations to it.

Just something to think about.

As far as making PRO Rights available and more real time and more viewable, that's great, especially if it can be made more main stream and reach more people.

Harry

Harry, it was more a tongue-in-cheek reference than anything else. I wouldn't make more of it than there is. We could conceivably rename the program later, but for now, the results and your involvement are more important than what we call it.

Harry, it was more a tongue-in-cheek reference than anything else. I wouldn't make more of it than there is. We could conceivably rename the program later, but for now, the results and your involvement are more important than what we call it.

I do not think people are going to take NJCSD seriously when they have things named like that. "Keyboard Commando Squad" sounds extremely mall ninja and less professional than I would think the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense would like to present itself to members of the gun community and others.

• Like 2

I do not think people are going to take NJCSD seriously when they have things named like that. "Keyboard Commando Squad" sounds extremely mall ninja and less professional than I would think the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense would like to present itself to members of the gun community and others.

I agree with Joe. Unfortunately image is very important, it doesn't matter how good your message is if you cannot be taken seriously no one will listen to you. I had never heard of NJCSD until reading this post ad really only started skimming it over once I read "Keyboard Commando Squad." Not a very good first impression on me I have to admit. If you are a serious group solving serious issues then a name change is in order.

Hmmm... let's see.

Compalints: 3

Suggestions: 0

If'n, y'all have any other ideas for names, I'd like to hear 'em. So far, there's just criticism, but no suggestions. It'd be more helpful if you'd help us promote the idea, and get like-minded gun owners signed up, instead of complaining about what we're calling it.

One would think that a program that uses contemporary technology to push the envelope on the debate and bring it out of the shadows would be met with more enthusiasm.

Hmmm... let's see.

Compalints: 3

Suggestions: 0

If'n, y'all have any other ideas for names, I'd like to hear 'em. So far, there's just criticism, but no suggestions. It'd be more helpful if you'd help us promote the idea, and get like-minded gun owners signed up, instead of complaining about what we're calling it.

One would think that a program that uses contemporary technology to push the envelope on the debate and bring it out of the shadows would be met with more enthusiasm.

I don't have a problem with the name, but in an effort to stop the quibbling, could we rename it NJCSD "Internet Response Team?"

Self Defense Awareness Network SDAN

Self Defense Alerts SDA

Self Defense Article Rating System SDARS

Self Defense Article Awareness SDAA

Self Defense News Rating System SDNRS

Self Defense News Alert SDNA

Operation Rama Lama Ding Dong ORLDD

One of those is to illustrate that names can sound ridiculous, the others are serious suggestions.

Gun owners unfortunately have to watch which light we are being cast in when it comes to our rights. I would never want to admit to being a "keyboard commando" because it sounds childish. Your system sounds great, but I had to be willing to give NJCSD a second look. Most people don't have time for that or wouldn't even do it if they did. This is a serious fight for our rights, show up with your warpaint on.

here is a more thought out reason as to why the name doesn't work for some of us. It doesn't sound like we are getting alerts to go out and share information with the public. It sounds like we are getting alerts to go out and spam the sites with our "bias", is what the anti's will say

I forgot to mention that I joined up already :D You have to realize you only got the criticism because we like the idea :icon_mrgreen:

LOL! Registration noted, and thanks for stepping up. With help, I think this can be a great thing. We all know we're outnumbered by the ignorant, this is an opportunity to shed light on the subject and continue moving the goalpost to our side of the field.

Yes, I'm full well aware that we're also in a battle for public perception, but I also think most people won't take the name too seriously.

And, for the record, I got a chuckle out of 'ORLDD'. Don't tempt me. :D

I'll confer with the member whose idea it was and who named it. It'd be inappropriate to unilaterally change the name without consent. In the meantime, keep those ideas comin'.