bbk

A "Chicks and Guns" video filled with Fail

Some of you have probably seen this at some point. I ran across it finally in my own time, and had to seriously do a double take.

This is a YouTube video from Esquire (the magazine) featuring a female DEA agent showing an Esquire correspondent how to shoot, as well as the least knowledgeable caption editor in the world.

I won't say anymore and let the video fail on its own :sarcastichand:

... The captions were bad.Probably on purpose.

Yeah, I'll subscribe to that theory - get the gun nuts all fired up at the "glock and wesson" so they spread the video around.

Either that, or the subtitle editor accidentally dropped their paper copy in a blender and tried to put it back together.

lol, eye protection? I'm sure those gucci glasses meet safety standards..

Probably as well as most "safety" glasses. Do you really think I piece of flying brass is going to be able to penetrate those beasts?

• Like 1

Probably as well as most "safety" glasses. Do you really think I piece of flying brass is going to be able to penetrate those beasts?

hahahaha hooray for quick reading, I read "...is going to be able to penetrate those breasts?" :D

Which reminded me of the time I took a well endowed girl shooting and she showed up in a low v neck shirt. Man o man was helping her fish out that hot piece of brass fun. :icon_mrgreen: Today is off to a good start.

Eh, i'd rather spend the $2 on a pair of real safety glasses then $300 on a pair that do nothing but look good. I wouldn't down play the fact of safety either, if your glasses don't meet safety(impact) standards i wouldn't expect them to do anything but protect your eyes from the sun. I've shut my trunk on a pair of safety glasses and they bent slightly. My ex dropped her bag from waist height with her gucci glasses inside and they shattered.. probably from all the junk in there. If you had something go wrong right in front of your face i'm pretty sure you would rather have a 2 dollar pair of safety glasses protecting your eyes. Hell, you could get a $300 dollar pair of safety glasses that look just as good... I'm gonna stop preaching because there your eyes to loose, but people cant read your post and think standard glasses will protect your eyes in the event your eyes need the protection. If only you knew what went into safety glasses and the different levels of safety offered. I'm sure those designer glasses are shatter proof(sarcasm), i for one dont plan on picking out the pieces of plastic that were supposed to protect my eyes in the first place.

Eh, i'd rather spend the $2 on a pair of real safety glasses then $300 on a pair that do nothing but look good. I wouldn't down play the fact of safety either, if your glasses don't meet safety(impact) standards i wouldn't expect them to do anything but protect your eyes from the sun. I've shut my trunk on a pair of safety glasses and they bent slightly. My ex dropped her bag from waist height with her gucci glasses inside and they shattered.. probably from all the junk in there. If you had something go wrong right in front of your face i'm pretty sure you would rather have a 2 dollar pair of safety glasses protecting your eyes. Hell, you could get a $300 dollar pair of safety glasses that look just as good... I'm gonna stop preaching because there your eyes to loose, but people cant read your post and think standard glasses will protect your eyes in the event your eyes need the protection. If only you knew what went into safety glasses and the different levels of safety offered. I'm sure those designer glasses are shatter proof(sarcasm), i for one dont plan on picking out the pieces of plastic that were supposed to protect my eyes in the first place.

I sell Edge wrap around stylish OSHA approved safety glass for around $13. They sell well because they look cool and actually protect your eyes from UV as well as flying objects for only a little more than the junk glasses you see everywhere. My opinion, this is the way to go.

I aim to please.

If you are all telling me you have never worn a pair of sunglasses while shooting on a bright day instead of "approved" safety glasses you are a goddamn liar! :p

Damn right!