Malsua

Cherry Ridge Closed today 4-17-11

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to take a ride up there this afternoon to snoop around a bit. You saved me over an hour on the round trip.

BTW, looks like a lot of areas flooded from all those heavy rains yesterday. I passed Pompton Lakes, and observed that the river overflowed again, probably from the floodgates at the dam being wide open to spare Oakland.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to take a ride up there this afternoon to snoop around a bit. You saved me over an hour on the round trip.

BTW, looks like a lot of areas flooded from all those heavy rains yesterday. I passed Pompton Lakes, and observed that the river overflowed again, probably from the floodgates at the dam being wide open to spare Oakland.

Oakland got hit anyway. The ramapo is over the old bridge and road next to it.

Wow. I live in Bloomingdale and saw the river on the to church and it was almost as high as it was during the recent big flood and the one last year. Neighbors of ours never had any water and got a bunch in the basement last night.

One heck of a light show last night as well. Of course it didn't stop a big bear from lifting my garbage can over my 4' fence and tearing the contents apart this morning. Left a real nice set prints in the mud nearby.

Wow. I live in Bloomingdale and saw the river on the to church and it was almost as high as it was during the recent big flood and the one last year. Neighbors of ours never had any water and got a bunch in the basement last night.

One heck of a light show last night as well. Of course it didn't stop a big bear from lifting my garbage can over my 4' fence and tearing the contents apart this morning. Left a real nice set prints in the mud nearby.

I really feel bad about folks having a water problem, It's a mess!!

On another note, when are you goiung to learn not to leave your garbage outside when you live in "Bear Country"?

This is one of my pet peeves.

I really feel bad about folks having a water problem, It's a mess!!

On another note, when are you goiung to learn not to leave your garbage outside when you live in "Bear Country"?

This is one of my pet peeves.

Because keeping smelly trash in my home isn't something I like to do. Keep it in my basement so my dog can get into it? No thanks. I don't have a garage and live in a small house with 4 kids. Not for nothing, don't criticize my efforts without knowing any details. But to satisfy your pet peeve, my trash bin is fenced in with a gate, and I bought locking lid trash cans and have followed what our town 'thinks' will be bear proof. But they learned how to open the gate or maybe my kids didn't secure the latch properly, ...whatever, my problem and not yours.

Other neighbors like myself have noticed that the bears have figured out if they stomp or crush the cans, the lids will eventually pop off. If I was in a free state, I'd be able to take care of matters the old fashioned way with some double ought with a 10' shot out the back door. It isn't like I am leaving bags out. I even clean the cans out when they need it. If you have extra cash you want to give me, I'll buy the super expensive cans or have a garage built. But right now I'd rather feed my family, put braces on my kid's teeth and keep my lights on during these tough economic times than spend more money on more bear 'resistant' cans.

BTW, the paw rear paw prints are larger then my hand with fingers spread, I'm guessing around 300 pounds. They nailed a 500 pounder last year nearby. Again, if I was in PA or like when I was stationed in AK, there wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Because keeping smelly trash in my home isn't something I like to do. Keep it in my basement so my dog can get into it? No thanks. I don't have a garage and live in a small house with 4 kids. Not for nothing, don't criticize my efforts without knowing any details. Wow Touchy!! But to satisfy your pet peeve, my trash bin is fenced in with a gate, and I bought locking lid trash cans and have followed what our town 'thinks' will be bear proof. But they learned how to open the gate or maybe my kids didn't secure the latch properly, ...whatever, my problem and not yours. The problem is mine when you lure bears into a populated area because they out smart you. Other neighbors like myself have noticed that the bears have figured out if they stomp or crush the cans, the lids will eventually pop off. If I was in a free state, I'd be able to take care of matters the old fashioned way with some double ought with a 10' shot out the back door. I'm glad to see you are aware of the statute that prohibits you from adversely affecting wildlife with a firearm, good job! It isn't like I am leaving bags out. I even clean the cans out when they need it. If you have extra cash you want to give me, I'll buy the super expensive cans or have a garage built. No I believe everyone should fend for themselves. But right now I'd rather feed my family, put braces on my kid's teeth and keep my lights on during these tough economic times than spend more money on more bear 'resistant' cans.

BTW, the paw rear paw prints are larger then my hand with fingers spread, I'm guessing around 300 pounds. They nailed a 500 pounder last year nearby. Again, if I was in PA or like when I was stationed in AK, there wouldn't be a problem. You live in a populated area and need to learn to cope with moving to "Bear Country.

Subsequent hunts hopefully will iron out this situation.

Alright that’s not all. I went to the high power match today that was cancelled. The 300 yard line was washed away, so port 10-18 are gone and now there is a lot of work to be done. All caused by the pond behind the clubhouse over flowing. Also there was no way to get to pits becauase of all the water that had accumulated.

PART_1303066494255.jpg 300 yard line

I fixed it for you. It wasn't like I called you "White Trash" or anything. Now play nice. I responded nicely without name calling.

This is NJ and that is playing nice. No harm, no foul. I'd take the same stance to anyone of my buddies offering the same type of unsolicited advice. Be well.