ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 4/24/11 Easter Sunday

dont even mention the word Sun. argh... I feel it is Jesus getting back at us "the jews", it is that bad. the shower yesterday was not bad, but today, it was horrendous. Worst part... even put on sunscreen... just forgot the neck, arms and legs.

I really wish I was able to make it, great vid's and it did turn out to be a great day.

To Vlad, I am glad everyone took you comments the way they did and glad you did being I was able to go back a look at the videos after looking for what you commented on, turned out I was able to see what your talking about and learn a little also and would have never seen what you saw with the lack of experience I have at this point. Hope other were able to take advantage of your comments as well.

Harry

Slav - my name's in as "Nicolas" - should be "Nicholas" :) Just a technicality.

I did not mean to imply that I am the one posting the scores or making the corrections. I simply noticed that they were up. You should address all scoring issues to Jim Norman.

Slav

JonF, you reload too often. Your reloads are very good, but they still take time, I think a couple of times you might have reloaded twice for targets I would have taken with a single 10rd mag, and not because you missed. Just because you brought a lot of mags, it doesn't mean you have to use them all.

I see what you mean, i was kind of a spaz with the reloads, lol. As the day went on, i was able to develop better strategies with the help of some of the more seasoned shooters there and my mag changes were more better thought out. I'll continue to focus on that and the positioning you mentioned as well, all great feedback, thanks!

BTW, i was shooting 9mm, 124g loads that day and some of the poppers didn't fall on the first shot. Is this common with 9mm minor or were some of the steel plates just stubborn?

I see what you mean, i was kind of a spaz with the reloads, lol. As the day went on, i was able to develop better strategies with the help of some of the more seasoned shooters there and my mag changes were more better thought out. I'll continue to focus on that and the positioning you mentioned as well, all great feedback, thanks!

BTW, i was shooting 9mm, 124g loads that day and some of the poppers didn't fall on the first shot. Is this common with 9mm minor or were some of the steel plates just stubborn?

You were probably shooting it low. Poppers fall when hit in the middle area. Some might of been stubborn. =)

Poppers don't fall if just hit anywhere. They need to be hit in the circle part or higher to fall reliably with 9mm. Hits on the edges or lower half will often not knock them down. They can also be out of calibration and we adjust them if that happens, but I don't think we had any that had that problem this match.

Most likely you were shooting low. Happens to me sometimes. You can see the hits at times. I tend to aim a little higher on the poppers to make sure I can get it to fall with a hit, but sometimes it takes 2.

A hit in the scoring ring from a minor load is supposed to bring them down every time. On my stage (Pit 7) there was steel blocking one of the poppers. You could have been dinging off the steel plate. If you shoot them low or you clip the edge you can also fail to take down the popper. If you know you hit it in the scoring ring and it did not go down, you can opt to leave it standing, finish the stage and then ask for calibration. This way if it fails to go down with the calibration shot you would get a reshoot. If on the other hand it does go down, you would eat a mike but would still get the points for the rest of the stage. Whatever you do, finish shooting the stage. Do not stop shooting because you think that popper is not properly calibrated.