imperialfish

Battlefield 3

Yea, I was so pumped when this video was released (EA was doing some Facebook thing where they wanted to get a million "Likes") this morning. Its essentially the three mini-episodes that had been released over the past few months, and then some extra footage to fill in the blanks. I couldn't say, but I saw this footage when I was up in Boston at an event-- but it was only in pieces... so, finally really cool to see it all put together.

This game is really going to change things for the genre-- which is nice as everybody has just been trying to copy the COD or UT mold for the past few years. I've been a BF fanboy since the 1942 days, and it'll be nice to finally see them leapfrog Activision (which ironically is the "new EA"). With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement for MW3 in June during the NBA playoffs (like last year), announcing a Fall release for this year (though I would be a bit surprised if they could get it done within this year).

I play on ps3 and xbox, anyone on those systems can send me your gt or psn id and ill add you when I get home. If anyone has BF2 ill be playing when I get home now...lol

Xbox gt: tK x FaTaLiTy

Xbox gt 2: tK x FaTaLiiTy

PSN: tk_x_fatality

I play on ps3 and xbox, anyone on those systems can send me your gt or psn id and ill add you when I get home. If anyone has BF2 ill be playing when I get home now...lol

Xbox gt: tK x FaTaLiTy

Xbox gt 2: tK x FaTaLiiTy

PSN: tk_x_fatality

Joecerillo for xbox 360

No, I am/was a call of duty guy until i watched this trailer

Im down for some black ops tonight if you have it

Same here, COD has such smooth gameplay but I am debating BF3 for the realism, but always had issues with length of time for matchmaker to set up a game in games besides COD. How was the matchmaking/MP in BF2.

PS3 here, if they try and max out capabilities, it will be 2nd only to a good PC,

To me, the BF series has always had the more supreme multiplayer. MW1 was a stellar game, and so far the best of the COD series-- but its a pure "twitch" game... compared to BF games which included that twitch aspect, plus actual tactical gameplay with the addition of armor, cavalry, and jets (in BF2, and will be in BF3)-- as well as the fact that you're looking at 32 players (64 in BF2 and other BF games).

Nick, I did talk to a EA and DICE rep at PAX East about the whole story thing (without trying to bring up "other" shooter-games, though it was difficult). Generally they admitted that they needed narrative with their games moving forward as more of a way of reaching that price point of $60. They explained that the BF2 model is great, but also gives no context for the user to understand the settings they are in, especially if they opt for certain locales (take for example, I understand that parts of BF3 will take place in Paris and New York, as well as portions of Southwest Asia... would be hard to just throw a NY map into someone's face with little explanation-- as one paragraph is hardly enough like they use too). They had toyed around with the concept of narrative multiplayer with the Bad Company series, and saw that it worked well. Also, in jest, it seemed like the reps were taking shots at the COD series and their tunnel vision approach when it came to driving linear story with game/level design.

I'm not sure what I'll get it on yet. This game might be a good reason to finally update my PC, though that would have other benefit (IE. ES5's November release). Admittedly I'll be pretty busy with Uncharted 3 and ES5, don't know how much BF3 I'll be delving in to initially.

Wow, this looks AWESOME! I can't wait until it comes out! I was a big COD fan until I got my hands on BF2 and haven't looked back ever since. BF2 (IMHO) just blows away COD in every aspect... realism, team play, shear size of each level and so much more. If BF3 improves upon BF2, then it's already a destined to be a huge hit.

To me, the BF series has always had the more supreme multiplayer. MW1 was a stellar game, and so far the best of the COD series-- but its a pure "twitch" game... compared to BF games which included that twitch aspect, plus actual tactical gameplay with the addition of armor, cavalry, and jets (in BF2, and will be in BF3)-- as well as the fact that you're looking at 32 players (64 in BF2 and other BF games).

Nick, I did talk to a EA and DICE rep at PAX East about the whole story thing (without trying to bring up "other" shooter-games, though it was difficult). Generally they admitted that they needed narrative with their games moving forward as more of a way of reaching that price point of $60. They explained that the BF2 model is great, but also gives no context for the user to understand the settings they are in, especially if they opt for certain locales (take for example, I understand that parts of BF3 will take place in Paris and New York, as well as portions of Southwest Asia... would be hard to just throw a NY map into someone's face with little explanation-- as one paragraph is hardly enough like they use too). They had toyed around with the concept of narrative multiplayer with the Bad Company series, and saw that it worked well. Also, in jest, it seemed like the reps were taking shots at the COD series and their tunnel vision approach when it came to driving linear story with game/level design.

I'm not sure what I'll get it on yet. This game might be a good reason to finally update my PC, though that would have other benefit (IE. ES5's November release). Admittedly I'll be pretty busy with Uncharted 3 and ES5, don't know how much BF3 I'll be delving in to initially.

Agreed, i played BF2 for years and it triumphed multi-player. At one point i believed the hype that they would not make a BF3 and i was really upset. Bad company was good but it lacked some key elements BF2 had. When i herd about BF3 2 months ago i got really excited and i cant wait...I all ready starting to upgrade my PC for it. This video is actually a continuation of the trailer they released not to long ago. I need a medic!!!!

We need to start a NJGF squad!! not gonna lie i got a little excited when i saw that eotech on the LMG.

Same here, COD has such smooth gameplay but I am debating BF3 for the realism, but always had issues with length of time for matchmaker to set up a game in games besides COD. How was the matchmaking/MP in BF2.

PS3 here, if they try and max out capabilities, it will be 2nd only to a good PC,

You actually find games faster in BF2 than in cod and it is more realistic. although cod had many more game types.. I still love both games.

I play COD4 and COD5 on PC only. And I can't believe you Wud say that there is something better. I played BF2 on ps3 and let me tell their multiplayer is nowhere close to COD level.

Not sure about how the game is on PS3... but on XBOX360 it is great.