Ray Ray

Ruger has done it again!

I gotta be honest, If Ruger did the front strap checkering like the Smiths have then I'd be sold on it. On the other hand, if Smith used the internal extractor on their line I'd be sold on there's as well.

I actually like the look of 1911's without the front serrations, I think it looks cleaner. Overall, I like the model that Ruger is putting out. Next step is to hold one to see how I feel about it. With their MSRP at $799, I think this will be a pretty solid contender for the Remington R1. The Ruger model has more of a current look, the R1 is a little more old fashioned. I think if Ruger comes out with different finishes and models, this should be a pretty good contender in the market.

I gotta be honest, If Ruger did the front strap checkering like the Smiths have then I'd be sold on it. On the other hand, if Smith used the internal extractor on their line I'd be sold on there's as well.

I read a lot of people hate the front serrations and hate the ambi safety. There's just no pleasing everyone unless they make make variations of the same gun.

I read a lot of people hate the front serrations and hate the ambi safety. There's just no pleasing everyone unless they make make variations of the same gun.

I hear ya, but being a south-paw it's a must that the pistol has an ambi safety. The front strap checkering makes the pistol feel stickier in my hand.

i like it.

just happens that my 11 YO daughter really like shooting my Walther P22 but saw an add in Youth Shooter magazine (I think thats the name) but she saw the add for the 22LR 1911 that had the add that says, Make your Daddy jealous. Well she got on her laptop and started looking at them.

Guess what found, just like her mother, she said she really like the Kimber 1911 rimfire Super.

Check it out here. Kimber 1911 22LR , think I created a monster. :o

Harry

Damn, I hate this forum! I dread the thought of starting the permit process all over again. That SS Ruger looks like a perfect companion to my SS Mark III Hunter and SS K10-22T though. Hope to see one in person soon.

Damn, I hate this forum! I dread the thought of starting the permit process all over again. That SS Ruger looks like a perfect companion to my SS Mark III Hunter and SS K10-22T though. Hope to see one in person soon.

Post Pic's when you get it.:)

Harry