Melgamatic

Pure Sex

Purchased from NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway this week. It was around $75 more than internet / FFL prices, but I gave them the business because no other place had 20 different H&K pistols to try (along with 100 SIGs, 50 Springfields, 25 Glocks, etc). I did a fast count and they probably have $500K of handguns in their cases.

Shot this today, and it is the smoothest handgun I've ever shot. Every control is exactly where your finger wants it to be. Fantastic.

5644555923_e8c7cfccc4_b.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. I've had mine for three years and over 6,000 rounds later it's never had a hiccup. I had Bill Springfield work his magic on the trigger and it improved the SA and DA pulls. SA is 1911-ish at this point (it's still plastic though).

I'd also recommend Heinie Straight 8's. They made a big difference on my gun.

Take it to a class, that is where it will really shine. I couldn't get mine to malf while the marine down the line couldn't get his M9 to fire more than two rounds at a time.

Take it to a class, that is where it will really shine. I couldn't get mine to malf while the marine down the line couldn't get his M9 to fire more than two rounds at a time.

I beg to differ

M9 vs HK

Beretta wins hands down

Not gonna say the pistol was junk or the shooter wasn't skilled but just in general. Beretta's are top of the line

There is no Beretta handgun that can hold a candle to the HK45.

M9 vs HK

Beretta wins hands down

Not gonna say the pistol was junk or the shooter wasn't skilled but just in general. Beretta's are top of the line

LOL. Love to see an M9 go through something like this and survive:

HK45 50,000 round test

or this:

P30 91,000 round test.

Closest I've found to HK-like durability in a Beretta is this, and it ended in a frame (locking block) failure:

M9 19,000 round test.

In fact, the HK45 had fewer problems at the 50,000 round mark than either of the previous two 9mm test guns, the S&W M&P9 or HK’s own P30! The HK45 truly is bomb proof, especially when you consider that except for two spring change maintenance cycles, every single part in the gun is original

The HK45 fired its first 31,522 rounds without a bobble of any kind, another pistol-training.com endurance test record. But the mere fact that it out-performed those other pistols tells only part of the story. I do not believe another .45 pistol could fire that many rounds, in that short a time, with that little maintenance, and survive.

Look forward to you backing up your statements Ray Ray.

I'll back it up with the M9 being one of the best 9mms ever. HK45 isn't even the best 45, or even in the top 3. That is owned by the 1911, XD, and Glock.

There's Sigs, Beretta's and Glocks for 9mm. No need to look any further.

Okay, after giving this some thought I'll give you some feedback as to what I've seen and read on this forum.

HK9mm, finiky with certain ammo weights

HK40, doesn't like wolf or blazer aluminum

HK45, don't know enough or have seen enough to declare it obsolete.

Now, I've never seen a 92 fail. And as a previous owner of 2, along with my pops having 2 and a friend has one that gives me some idea of what they do.

Another thing is that I understand you guys are defending your purchases, and you feel as though you spent the extra money on a better made pistol. But it's not the case. Glocks and Beretta's are top notch and don't cost nearly as much as the HKs. Remember, in a world of compromise some don't. Especially on an overpriced polymer gun.

RAy ray.... those comments are moronic.

The same thing you are accusing Hk owners of, you are doing with your beretta, XD, and Glock comment.

I had a few Hk's, and by far, they were the most trouble free guns. Through the P30, I put in 3k rounds or so, not one failure. Hk 45 I put in less, however once again, 100% trouble free.

The new p30's and hk 45's are by far some of the most ergonomic and reliable guns out there.

Just because a toyota corolla is half the price of an infiniti g35, do you say that the g35 is overpriced junk?

Instead of playing benchracer, er internet gun fan, go out and shoot those guns before making a comment.

Having shot and owned most of the others... Beretta 92fs, Storm, XD 9, 40, 45, Glocks, M&P's, CZ's, Sigs, etc... For me... the p30 and hk 45's were the most ergonomic guns next to a 1911, and just ahead of the Browning High Powers and Baby Eagles.

The torture tests go on to state the reliability factor. I have seen the actual guns tested in Vegas at the shot show, and they still look like new.

RAy ray.... those comments are moronic.

The same thing you are accusing Hk owners of, you are doing with your beretta, XD, and Glock comment.

I had a few Hk's, and by far, they were the most trouble free guns. Through the P30, I put in 3k rounds or so, not one failure. Hk 45 I put in less, however once again, 100% trouble free.

The new p30's and hk 45's are by far some of the most ergonomic and reliable guns out there.

Just because a toyota corolla is half the price of an infiniti g35, do you say that the g35 is overpriced junk?

Instead of playing benchracer, er internet gun fan, go out and shoot those guns before making a comment.

Having shot and owned most of the others... Beretta 92fs, Storm, XD 9, 40, 45, Glocks, M&P's, CZ's, Sigs, etc... For me... the p30 and hk 45's were the most ergonomic guns next to a 1911, and just ahead of the Browning High Powers and Baby Eagles.

The torture tests go on to state the reliability factor. I have seen the actual guns tested in Vegas at the shot show, and they still look like new.

How dare you question the Beretta 92fs and RayRay?

Clearly you started the day with a little too much Vodka in your OJ.

I'll back it up with the M9 being one of the best 9mms ever. HK45 isn't even the best 45, or even in the top 3. That is owned by the 1911, XD, and Glock.

There's Sigs, Beretta's and Glocks for 9mm. No need to look any further.

Entirely subjective, and the XD?!?!?!??? That's just plain hilarious. It's a re-marketed Croatian HS2000 that was completely IGNORED by the law enforcement agencies it was built for back in the early 00's.

Ray Ray, you're going to have to do better than that. Especially your comments about the 1911. Funny enough, the 1911 is what Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers based the HK45 off of. Larry being one of the most sought after 1911 smiths on the planet, he has said the HK45 was an improvement on the 1911 platform. You should really read something instead of citing "well my papa had 2" as your evidence.

ETA, the best 9mm ever is the P7. And it's an "overpriced" HK.

Can't you guys tell I like abuse?

Although I'm not an "internet fan", as I've been shooting since I was a kid so it isn't like I get all my thoughts from a screen name.

And of course Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn love the HK, they work for them! The gunny loves Glocks, and he works for them too!

How would you compare a HK45 to a P220 .45 Sig??

You already know my answer. I would obtain a sample of each, weigh them, handle them, load them, shoot them, disassemble them, clean them and then (maybe) write about them.

THAT'S how I would compare 3 guns...

But I'm a sarcastic git.