DblEGT

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry) Also, NEW...(not used).

Currently leaning towards a Beretta 92A1, although I can be swayed. Primary use will be a range gun, and therefore accuracy is very important.

Want to hear all your opinions and experience with the above, or if you have a better suggestion, please explain why?

thanks!

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry) Also, NEW...(not used).

Currently leaning towards a Beretta 92A1, although I can be swayed. Primary use will be a range gun, and therefore accuracy is very important.

Want to hear all your opinions and experience with the above, or if you have a better suggestion, please explain why?

thanks!

I vote Beretta 92. I would also go with the 92a1 variant. It comes with 3 mags. You also get a rail on it and a removable front site. I wish I had those on my 92fs. Beretta is not a bullseye type gun with the stock sights. It is very accurate but you can add adjustable target sights since you can change the sights out on the 92a1.

Recoil is small due to being an all metal gun. I have put approx 1800 rounds thru mine since July of last year with no issues.

My dad just picked up the 92a1 for 570. Great price in my opinion. Nothing to say about the other guns since I don't own them.

Edit. I see a lot of Glock 34 responses. For the record I've heard nothing but good things about them

Range gun? So, no use for Home defense or IDPA or USPSA or anything of the sort?

Glock 34

Yes, home defense would be on the "reasons for owning" list too....thanks, forgot that one. I might even look into IDPA or USPSA in the future, so good suggestions !

Glock 34 is a GREAT suggestion, thank you.

Hmmmm which one......uhh whichever one feels better in your hands. The guns you have listed are VERY different, and none of us can tell you what feels best in your hand. For me, I could easily narrow it down to the 92FS and MP9. Glocks, XD's, and CZ's don't feel good in my hands. The PX4 felt too small for a regular gun, might be better for carry. Again, that's ME. I'm not buying the guy, you are. So get out to your gun shop and hold those guns. These "How should I spend my money?" threads never fail to show up. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

RIA 9mm 1911.

Heavy is your friend for a range gun. Makes it shoot softer. Bigger is also better.

Ehh, I could shoot my SR9 all day. I find it is a tad smaller than an MP9, and smaller than a 92FS. With 9mm, the possibilities are pretty open.

Ehh, I could shoot my SR9 all day. I find it is a tad smaller than an MP9, and smaller than a 92FS. With 9mm, the possibilities are pretty open.

And I could shoot my S&W 500 all day. But the recoil will affect your accuracy wether you realize it or not. The softer it shoots the more you can concentrate on the fundamentals.

Yes, home defense would be on the "reasons for owning" list too....thanks, forgot that one. I might even look into IDPA or USPSA in the future, so good suggestions !

Glock 34 is a GREAT suggestion, thank you.

BTW some LEO's use a G34 as a tactical weapon. So, if you leave it pretty stock defense is an option.

Beretta 92, Glock 34 or CZ75Sa.

All can be had for less then $600 easily, all are great range guns, all can be altered and accesorized and all can do duty in IDPA, USPA or shoot steel matches if needed.

Of the three... the CZ would prob be most accurate, Glock most reliable and Beretta most panache.

Beretta 92 is nice Glock 19 is better as a all around gun should your needs change. with a G34 you'll have to use 10 rd or reduced capacity 17 rd mags. With a 19 you can get 15 rd mags anywhere.

I'm starting to get interested in the Glock 19. Continue to hear nothing but good things about it !

I'll go to a store and check out ASAP.....have to make sure it fits my hands. Will also want to shoot at a range after that.

Any issues with the Gen 4 Glock 19 ??

I'm starting to get interested in the Glock 19. Continue to hear nothing but good things about it !

I'll go to a store and check out ASAP.....have to make sure it fits my hands. Will also want to shoot at a range after that.

The issues with the recoil spring when they first came out have been resolved.

My only suggestion... go and see if you can actually shoot the gun. Holding it in your hand is not going to tell you jack about how the gun feels in your hand when you shoot it.

ie, I held a glock 26 in the hand, and felts great. I shot it, I put it down within 15 rounds. Same with Glock 23. Did not like the way it shot in my hand.

glocks, sigs, m&p's, CZs are all great firearm. There are folks who will vouch for any of them... many of us own more than one.

hope that helps.

I like all that have been discussed.... I would say a Beretta.... fun to shoot. Recoil is minimal. Sexy looking gun. I have a 92fs.... I am a Springfield fan. That would be my next choice... but again, as the old much more experience heads say, you have to go out and shoot these guns....Opinions are like a..holes, everyone has one. I know there are Glock fans. S&W fans and Beretta fans. But I would go out and hold one and shoot one.....

I've shot all them except the CZ. Good luck seeing a CZ in a store. They are all good guns and except for the CZ, are in the rental section of my local range. Therefore, I assume they take a licking and keep on ticking because ranges don't seem to clean guns all that often and the range kicks out a few guns here and there that don't stand up to the abuse. Head to a range and try them all out.

I have small/medium hands and like the Glock19 in the stock setup.

Make sure you shoot it 1st.

I want a G19 myself, but I can not hit a god damn thing with one.

If you are looking for just a range gun, then look G17, the slightly longer sight radius (+/- 7") will make you happier at 15+ yards verus the G19 (+/-6.5"). That little bit of difference makes a world of difference in sight radius. I ALWAYS suggest the G19 for combat, CCW and IDPA shooting. The G19 is the best mid size 9mm out there plus you can find accessories, mags etc all over the place and the mags dont need to be nuetered to 10rds.

But if you are strictly looking range.... nothing else, G17 because you dont need full cap mags, or carry capability.

So if you question is actually for an all around gun, one gun to do it all, G19. Gen 4s are out and available. Join the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation for $35 and pick up a G19 for $429 at a certified dealer.

I would choose the Beretta or CZ over the Glock, but I'm not a Glock fan. To me, the Beretta or CZ are better looking guns that shoot as good as a Glock. If it's a range gun, weight won't be a concern. Everyone has their own preferences, so I would try a few out.

Seems like from the voting that the Glock 19 is much preferred over the Glock 17. Reasons? Is it because its smaller and more carryable/concealable? Or are there any other differences / advantages ?