DblEGT

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)

Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which 9mm RANGE Handgun $600 or less? (no conceal and no carry)

My only suggestion... go and see if you can actually shoot the gun. Holding it in your hand is not going to tell you jack about how the gun feels in your hand when you shoot it.

ie, I held a glock 26 in the hand, and felts great. I shot it, I put it down within 15 rounds. Same with Glock 23. Did not like the way it shot in my hand.

Good advice. I just sold a gun (I do a lot of that) because it was not comfortable to shoot. The Glock G29 felt fine in my hand, and fine to shoot with low end power loads (i.e. in the 40 Short&Weak vicinity), but bad when touching off full-on 10mm loads.

I dio believe that Shore Shot has a CZ on their wall. I know they have a Tanfoglio Witness (CZ 75B Clone) on their wall. It would approximate the same thing.

Just did a price request for the Glock 19, and they all came back and said the same thing.... "Not available". Is there a problem with this gun, or a problem with Glock not being able to make enough? Can't imagine what the problem could be in getting a Gen 4 version??

Anybody know what the issue is??

Just did a price request for the Glock 19, and they all came back and said the same thing.... "Not available". Is there a problem with this gun, or a problem with Glock not being able to make enough? Can't imagine what the problem could be in getting a Gen 4 version??

Anybody know what the issue is??

Cabela's has 'em, Lawman Supply has'em. Keep in mind that the GSSF has changed the rules on the discounted purchasing effective 5/1 so I would not be surprised if all Glocks are being snapped up in advance of the rule change.

If you want to expand your search a tad, smith wesson m&p 9mm, you can get 15 round mags. Also, check out the eaa witness guns, they are made by tanfoglio, and are fantastic firearms and produce the most Cz clones there are. I just picked up an eaa elite limited, aka tanfoglio custom hc, and couldn't be happier. Fantastic firearms for the price. Will be picking up another soon.

I love the glock 19, but for a range only gun I think its stupid to get a gun that isnt the most comfortable, and a gun that is so light, made with big blocky combat sights. You want something easy to shoot, accurate, and comfy with a nice trigger. You dont need the awesome capacity of the glock 19, or the light weight, or the compact size. 1911 would be perfect, but cz75b my top choice out of whats listed

Glock 19 is the ULTIMATE all around gun but not the best range only gun

My vote would be to go to a range with rentals (Shore Shot has a nice program where you pay by caliber, which is good if you want to try out several... Pocono Pistol and several other PA ranges also have rentals) and shoot everything that interests you. Buy what feels right!

That being said, IMO, a glock 34 is great for everything EXCEPT CCW (too big). The only other drawback is 10 round mags in NJ (the standard is 17 rounds, but in NJ they give you 10's, because Glock doesn't make 15's for that gun).

A Glock 19 is a fantastic all around gun... 15 round mags, medium size, suitable for almost any purpose. They are VERY popular... I've seen a few weeks wait for them before (gen 3's, before the gen 4's came out... I don't have much interest in gen 4's myself, at least until someone shows me why they're better... gen 3's are more than field proven. I like the RTF grip, but I put AGrip on everything anyway).

If you have no interest in CCW, and you don't mind the 10 round capacity (assuming you live in NJ) then a Glock 17 or 34 will give you a little more sight radius.

• Like 2

I changed my vote from the CZ 75B to a Glock 19 for a "Range gun."

Ok, I've had the CZ 75B for over a month and love it. It's a superb firearm. I have no regrets, and would definitely buy one again. But, and a Big Butt, I had the chance to shoot a Glock 19, and I'll tell ya, never thought I would see the day, but I bought one soon after. What a fantastic range gun. Shooting the CZ for a couple of hours I feel the weight. I ran 150 rds. through the Glock Saturday and could've kept on going. No fatigue at all, and extremely accurate. If guns were cars, The CZ runs like a fine old Bentley. The Glock runs like a Maserati.

Should you decide you like the CZ (and they can be rented at ShoreShot if i'm not mistaken), also consider the CZ-85B model at the same price point. It is identical to the 75 in all ways except it lacks a firing pin block in the action which translates to a much smoother and lighter trigger pull. Otherwise, its the same, uses the same mags, parts, accessories, etc, they just like to distinguish the model number since this feature is absent.

Ouch!! :blackeye:

CZ1.jpg

Harry

Sweet looking pistol there.

Giving a bit more thought, the Beretta 92 series is the Maserati of handguns. Not just because both are Italian, it's one of the prettiest handguns out there. It's a shame the one I shot was a rental in pretty poor shape. I'd like to shoot one in better condition sometime.

Giving a bit more thought, the Beretta 92 series is the Maserati of handguns. Not just because both are Italian, it's one of the prettiest handguns out there. It's a shame the one I shot was a rental in pretty poor shape. I'd like to shoot one in better condition sometime.

You're welcome to shoot mine.

Just ordered a Beretta 92A1, so obviously I agree :icon_mrgreen: