7-3-2

How long did it take to get your permit?

So after it took me close to 3 months to get my first FPID I know there is no way I am getting my new FPID and permit within the legal time limit of 30 days. I live in Edison and am just wondering when I should start calling the lady (im sure others in Edison know who im talking about) shes such a sweetheart :icon_rolleyes:

So just to help pass the time ... where are you from and how long did it take you to get your permit?

I would call around day 35. That gives them 5 days extra. When you remind them of the 30 day rule say something along the lines of... "Well I knew my 30 days was up, and hadn't heard anything so I gave you an extra 5 days to be safe, I can't believe it's really not done yet" That way you show that you know that they are supposed to have them done in the 30 days but also that you were doing them a favor. It's sounds dumb but it's all about the wordplay and psychological warfare when it comes to permits and FID cards. Be a total dick and you will wait longer, be a total pushover and you will wait longer. I strive for the middle ground.

Howell, NJ took me 3 weeks for FID and 2 handgun permits and they lost my reference sheet on top of that. It would probably have been sooner than 3 weeks if I didn't call them to see how it was going. On the other hand a friend of mine put in for his FID and 2 handgun permits and it's been about 3 months now in the same town. It just depends on you as a person and your background I guess. Dunno

3 weeks in Robbinsvile Twp (Mercer Co.) for FID and 2 handgun permits. Almost everyone was warning me 3-4 months. Sometimes I wonder if some of these

horror stories with the 8 months wait time are being exaggerated for effect.

Initial FID in Burlington Twp. 3 months. Pistol permits lately 29 days.

lol, sounds like when i went for my FID, i called them and on day 45 asked if my paperwork was done, and they said "the cheif of state police is on vacation and has to sign off on it., ok i said.

I forgot about it for another 20 days and then called up and asked if the cheif was back, then it was "waiting on information from Washington"

then i waited another 30 days and said, hekllo is my card done, i spoke to edwin nappin, and then bam! it was done, go figure!

I live in Howell and the ladies that handle the paperwork are awesome. I was chatting with one of the ladies and she said that they process applications in under 30 days because that is the law. Taking longer than 30 days is denying us our rights. If a fly bumped into me I would have fallen down flat.

I live in Howell and the ladies that handle the paperwork are awesome. I was chatting with one of the ladies and she said that they process applications in under 30 days because that is the law. Taking longer than 30 days is denying us our rights. If a fly bumped into me I would have fallen down flat.

Gawd I loved Howell, WTF did I ever leave??

When/where I lived in Independence Twp, (Warren County)  the initial FPID + 2 P2P's took 23 calendar days.  Two subsequent requests for 2 P2Ps took 16 calendar days, each. Very efficient... very courteous.

• Like 1

Im from Burlington Twp, Im going on over 3  months of waiting. Ive been emailing the Twps police records clerk for the last month. Ive been told that the Detective has been out of the office EVERY time I email. At what point do I take this to the Chief? I dont want to be a "Nag"  but i feel ive been MORE then patient. It took less time for me to get a Govt. clearence!

44 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Two months ago.

welp,....i sent the chief a email and a received a phone call from a detective asking me if i could tell him about a check that i bounced at Shop rite in 1991 (i was 17 years old at the time) i told him i totally forgot about it. he then said that i falsified my application by not checking off that i was a juvenile delinquent and my application is DENIED!. Mind you the check was for $30 and it was settled in court. Im in shock. what should i do? reapply...get a lawyer...remove that stupid thing off my juvenile record? 

20 hours ago, chiltdogg75 said:

welp,....i sent the chief a email and a received a phone call from a detective asking me if i could tell him about a check that i bounced at Shop rite in 1991 (i was 17 years old at the time) i told him i totally forgot about it. he then said that i falsified my application by not checking off that i was a juvenile delinquent and my application is DENIED!. Mind you the check was for $30 and it was settled in court. Im in shock. what should i do? reapply...get a lawyer...remove that stupid thing off my juvenile record? 

That's bullshit.  They're denying by delaying.