DJNEB

where to buy ak47??

I have a tough time not calling my Saiga an AK-47. I also get strange looks when I call it a 7.62 x 39 rifle.

I started calling it my Big Plinker!

The Ruger 10/22 is my Little Plinker.

when you are ready to convert gun give me a yell.. I found some spare parts in my parts bin that might be of use to you..

as far as calling it an AK47.... here is something that I did not know till joining this forum... the "evil list" is the list of specific guns you can not own.. if it is a variant of a gun on the list.. ex: saiga.. then you are to play the evil features game.. TECHNICALLY the evil feature game is FOR clones of guns on the list.. and as someone else pointed out.. me.. you.. your neighbor.. calling it an AK47 is a moot point.. while it may draw some unwanted attention.. at the end of the day.. pistol grip... or no pistol grip.. AK gas tube.. or Saiga gas tube.. the gun is STILL a Saiga.. and what YOU call it is totally irrelevant.. I am going to start calling mine "ak47 machine gun equipped with big bullet blasting box".. does not make gun any more legal or illegal..

I also do not like calling something an AK47 when it is actually a Saiga (saga), SAR or WASR, etc. That model is reserved for the true full-auto AK47. I prefer TYPE or CLONE if not the model name. Too much unwanted attention will be mustered.

I also do not like calling something an AK47 when it is actually a Saiga (saga), SAR or WASR, etc. That model is reserved for the true full-auto AK47. I prefer TYPE or CLONE if not the model name. Too much unwanted attention will be mustered.

while I understand the point.. some guy on a forum calling a ruger an m1 carbine... or a reporter calling a semi auto dpms an assault rifle.... or a woman calling something "the shoulder thingy that goes up"... simply does not make it so.. I mean I do understand the lack of desire someone would want in calling attention to something not needing attention.. I have always said a saiga is a saiga.. but still it seems like something that would really have minimal impact in the greater scheme of things..

and just to go one further.. if we are trying to ignore that stigma maybe calling this the AK section is a bad idea.. maybe it would be far more PC to break guns up into different sub categories.. maybe "domestically produced" "foreign produced" something that has totally neutral connotation..