Sign in to follow this  
Larain60

Blood ran in the streets today at the NRA convention....

or thats the bs legistators in NJ and elsewhere antigun like to say if they allowed CCW.

I went to the convention yesterday alone, and today again with my family. Id saw a lot of folks open carrying, and Im sure a lot were CCW. I had a LCP in a pocket holster.

Lets see, people held the door for us, guys at Glock gave my 2 year old a ball to play with, people at Voodoo tactical gave my 2 yr old a pair of glasses, Sig gave him a cap, another woman was playing peek a boo with him on the elevator.... Those crazy gunlovers! haha.

No one died, no neg discharges, nothing. In fact I gather the crime rate was particularly extra low in the area surrounding the convention center lol.

Was a fun time -- loads of awesome stuff. Met Jerry Miculek and saw Gunny there too.

I also saw a gentleman God bless him that had lost both legs and an arm. He was wheeling himself around in a wheelchair and his shirt said "Clinging to my guns and religion."

Oh a Sig 516 AR piston upper followed me home too - man those guys put nice stuff together! Show special $849... I dont think they are available in mass quanities yet.

sig516upper.jpg

Very nice! Any pictures from the convention?

I dont have any really but the guys at AIM posted some on AR15.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=217&t=203892

AIM were some nice guys. They are releasing an awesome custom built Spikes AR15 upper in a few weeks. Its a 16" dissipator setup but built on a midlegth gas system. Basically they have a micro gas block under the handguard (MOE) with a standard sight post at the end of the barrel.

Here it is

IMAG0051.jpg

AIM were some nice guys. They are releasing an awesome custom built Spikes AR15 upper in a few weeks. Its a 16" dissipator setup but built on a midlegth gas system. Basically they have a micro gas block under the handguard (MOE) with a standard sight post at the end of the barrel.

Here it is

IMAG0051.jpg

Sweet, that is actually the exact upper I have been itching to get-- its awesome to finally hear some movement on it (Bushmaster has one, but I'll pass on them). Thanks for sharing.

Sweet, that is actually the exact upper I have been itching to get-- its awesome to finally hear some movement on it (Bushmaster has one, but I'll pass on them). Thanks for sharing.

BBK- that barrel is profiled lightweight the entire length. I was holding it with one hand like a pistol.

Also its interesting how they did it. They have a micro gas block under the handguard, then that sight near the end is just that a sight, no gas tube goes into it.

They should be on the AIM site in 3 weeks they said. No preorders.

Also only available at AIM.

Yea, I had seen the concept of this type of dissy design on M4C. A manufacturer had polled the community (of sorts) to see the interest-- and I guess there wasn't much wide interest as that manufacturer never released any dissy design... which was disappointing. Needless to say, problem solved :locomotive: