Caine

Osama Bin Laden dead?

He was killed with a Colt 1911 chambered in 45acp!

It was to celebrate the 100th anniversary of John Moses Brownings creation.

I know cause I gots connections on da inside yo!

Had this occurred within 3-6 months of 9/11, I think it would have dealt a serious blow to Al Qaeda. At this point, nearly ten years later, knowing he was in failing health, it's likely that a leadership structure was already in place to replace UBL and they were just waiting for "the final solution".

I feel that an attack will occur within several months - and I would wager that they might try something on 9/11 again though we will be on "extra special super high" alert.

He was killed last Sunday, not May 1st it was not released to the public till DNA testing came back.

Field testing of DNA takes roughly 6-8 hours.

edited to add: you can view the live tweeting by this guy: http://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

Which at this time took place about 20 hours ago on May 1, fitting the time line perfectly.

Edited by Malsua

Had this occurred within 3-6 months of 9/11, I think it would have dealt a serious blow to Al Qaeda. At this point, nearly ten years later, knowing he was in failing health, it's likely that a leadership structure was already in place to replace UBL and they were just waiting for "the final solution".

I feel that an attack will occur within several months - and I would wager that they might try something on 9/11 again though we will be on "extra special super high" alert.

I believe that also, to make a grand statement befitting Bin Laden's death they will be inclined to attack a so called high value target, the question that will confound is,which one?

I truly believe they got him. It would be political suicide if they did not and Obama wouldn't even consider sticking his neck out for that.

It's the way the post operation victory tour is taking place that is bs. Where's the pictures? Why not put this POS on display for a few days?

Why honor "islamic traditions" when they've been proclaiming for years his actions are not islamic.

There's plenty that stinks about this and if he stone walls on some evidence, like he did on his Birth Cert, no one will be in his corner in 18 months.

• Like 2

From what I have heard he was buried at sea, so as not to have any shrine for his followers to pray at. As far as tin foil hats, if we were just going to say that we killed him I think we would have done that long ago, not ten years after.

• Like 1

along with .357 sig which Marcinko was known for training his forces with.

I think you mean 357 mag. Marcinko left the Navy in 1988 and the 357 SIG didn't come out until 1992-93.

Griz is correct. the initial Standard Sidearm of Devgru (SEAL-6) was the S&W Model 66 revolver in .357 Mag

Must be the same pic they showed the media. Jennifer Griffin FOX news Pentagon reporter said he had been shot in the head and pointed to the exact spot on her forehead.

It just came out that [supposedly] he was shot once in the chest and once in the head between the eyes. If this is true, it was definitely ST6. They have gone back and forth with these repetitions (2 to 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 2, etc) and although I am not sure which one they are on now, it seems that shot placement such as that would be that of a Special Ops operator.

I bring this point up because Osama, during interviews, told journalists that he frequently carried poison with him. In case enemies were closing in, he would take it instead of being captured or shot. Now he also said that he told his most trustful bodyguards that they had the go ahead to shoot him as well. Do you really think one of his soldiers would put a bullet in his chest as well as his head, nonetheless between his eyes? I highly doubt it.

along with .357 sig which Marcinko was known for training his forces with.

I think you mean 357 mag. Marcinko left the Navy in 1988 and the 357 SIG didn't come out until 1992-93.

Thanks for the correction Griz, you are correct. My bad! I wanna go through one of Marcinko's books tonight and see if I can find some weapons info, haven't read it in months so hopefully I can find it just to make sure.