Parabellum

Just picked up some Unique

A friend of mine gave me a 2 lbs of Unique, Hercules label not the newer Alliant. Its not red and smells fine. But anyway, Im getting some really mixed reports on the amount of grains for the 115gr 9mm. My Lee modern reloading Manual calls for 5.1-5.8 max grains of unique for 115gr 9mm.From the Alliant website they call for 6.3 gr of unique for the 115gr 9mm. 10% of that gives you a starting load of 5.67 grs if you go by alliant's website. Seems like to big of a difference for me not to double check with others who have loaded the same round.

lyman reloading manual 115 gr max oal 1.090.unique sug starting 4.4 grains. max load is 5.8.always start low and work your way up.buy a reloading manual,read and understand the process.make a few test rounds 10 each .see how they function .

I have an '87 Speer manual that says 5.7-6.4 for 115gr bullet (TMJ & Hollow point, .117-.114 ballistic coefficient) with Unique powder (1106-1215fps). I did my first batch of reloading recently with older Unique powder (red/gold can), though it was for a 124 gr bullet, but the data from this manual worked for those.

i did 5 rounds with 5.7gr. ill try them when i get a chance and report back. Im ordering some 124gr winchester fmj's & 200gr swc's tomorrow. I'll probally hit up Solomans Friday for some tightgroup or 231 , and play with that. I have been using bullseye since the beginning of time so change might be good