vladtepes

Is *Insert any semi automatic rifle* legal in NJ?

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the ATI GSG STG44 would be legal here in our fine state? It seems to meet the requirements but then again, I'm not 100% sure.

Here is the rifle in question: http://www.americantactical.us/3109/detail.html

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the ATI GSG STG44 would be legal here in our fine state? It seems to meet the requirements but then again, I'm not 100% sure.

Here is the rifle in question: http://www.americant...109/detail.html

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

test is always the same...

is it banned by name?

NO

is it substantially identical as defined?

NO

then it is legal.. you should be good to go..

Vlad,

Thanks for the response. I was thinking the same. It's not named, its not substantially identical, and it doesn't have any evil features (ie: flash suppressor, bayonet lug, etc.) except that it uses mags, but those are 10rd.

Thanks again

pistol grip is an evil feature.. but that is only one..

As I understand it an AR cant have a folding stock, or Flash suppressor in NJ?

No folding or collapsable stocks, no flash hiders, no bayonett lug, no threaded barrels, if it does have a threaded barrel a muzzle brake has to be permantly attached (i.e. pinned and welded)

No folding or collapsable stocks, no flash hiders, no bayonett lug, no threaded barrels, if it does have a threaded barrel a muzzle brake has to be permantly attached (i.e. pinned and welded)

did I read it wrong where it said it could not have 2 of the above? so a pinned stock with a flash suppressor is ok? Also on a side note, some of the weapons on that lis look like civil war relics, it makes no sense why they are banned weapons..And seriously, a Bayonette lug?LOL You got a gun that can pick someone off ate 300+ yards, but they are worried about you putting a knife on the tip of it..LOL silly politicians.

did I read it wrong where it said it could not have 2 of the above? so a pinned stock with a flash suppressor is ok? Also on a side note, some of the weapons on that lis look like civil war relics, it makes no sense why they are banned weapons..And seriously, a Bayonette lug?LOL You got a gun that can pick someone off ate 300+ yards, but they are worried about you putting a knife on the tip of it..LOL silly politicians.

The evil features are

1) pistol grip

2) flash suppressor/threaded barrel

3) collapsible/folding stock

4) bayonet lug

5) grenade launcher

On a semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine, you get to have one (1) evil feature.

So on an AR this means you get a pistol grip, unless you get one of those abortions of a rifle that have rifle grips on an AR...

The evil features are

1) pistol grip

2) flash suppressor/threaded barrel

3) collapsible/folding stock

4) bayonet lug

5) grenade launcher

On a semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine, you get to have one (1) evil feature.

So on an AR this means you get a pistol grip, unless you get one of those abortions of a rifle that have rifle grips on an AR...

They count the rear grip as a pistol grip? LOL...Wow...

They count the rear grip as a pistol grip? LOL...Wow...

Didn't cover 2C:39-1 too much in the academy, did they?

2C:39-1

z.tab.gif"Pistol grip" means a well-defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the shotgun to be held and fired with one hand.

NJAG "Assault Firearms" Guidline

A.

2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

[url=http://www.state.nj....uide/assltf.htm]NJ AG "Assualt Firearm" Guideline[/url]

2C:39

2C:58

These are your new bible, read them, know them, don't get jammed up on a felony for stupid garbage.

Didn't cover 2C:39-1 too much in the academy, did they?

[/size][/font]

NJ AG "Assualt Firearm" Guideline

2C:39

2C:58

These are your new bible, read them, know them, don't get jammed up on a felony for stupid garbage.

15 years ago, and i dont deal with many assault weapons seizures.

So if I have an old school rifle stock, I assume I can add a grenade launcher!!! Awesome!!! :hunter:

So if I have an old school rifle stock, I assume I can add a grenade launcher!!! Awesome!!! :hunter:

On an AR? Negative. on a traditional rifle (M1A style), you could, assuming there is no flash suppressor/threaded barrel or bayonet lug. Oh, and good luck getting one in NJ. They are DDs both under federal and state law. You could get the tax stamp for a DD in America. but NJ has no provision for civilians to obtain DDs that I have yet to find (except antique cannon).

Get reading, sounds like you need it.

It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

So technically one could consider a framing gun a fire arm if you go by the letter of the law.

On an AR? Negative. on a traditional rifle (M1A style), you could, assuming there is no flash suppressor/threaded barrel or bayonet lug. Oh, and good luck getting one in NJ. They are DDs both under federal and state law. You could get the tax stamp for a DD in America. but NJ has no provision for civilians to obtain DDs that I have yet to find (except antique cannon).

Get reading, sounds like you need it.

Ok enough with the wise cracks, there is no need for it.

Ok enough with the wise cracks, there is no need for it.

there is a thread in the law section that is a sticky.. that I spent hours putting together.. is has useful all the way to useless info.. if you are a firearms enthusiast.. living in NJ.. you should read it.. 2.. 3.. 5.. times over...

there is a thread in the law section that is a sticky.. that I spent hours putting together.. is has useful all the way to useless info.. if you are a firearms enthusiast.. living in NJ.. you should read it.. 2.. 3.. 5.. times over...

I have been reading up lately, cause I just recently got into shooting personal weapons after 15 years in LE. I guess I never really paid much attention to the gun laws in NJ cause we dont encounter many legal gun owners in my town, anyone who has them is doing a drive by and has it illegally. After reading some of the laws, I realize how silly some of them are, and how they have no rhyme or reason to them...For example, does having a pistol grip on a rifle really make it that much more lethal than one without? Or having a collapsible stock so you can adjust your gun to your comfort? Silly...

So what happens if you have a weapon like for example the KSG shotgun, and the State eventually decide to put it on the prohibited list. What then?

You would have 3 choices, surrender the weapon, keep the weapon and face criminal charges if found in posession of it, or move to a state with more lax gun laws.

I have been reading up lately, cause I just recently got into shooting personal weapons after 15 years in LE. I guess I never really paid much attention to the gun laws in NJ cause we dont encounter many legal gun owners in my town, anyone who has them is doing a drive by and has it illegally. After reading some of the laws, I realize how silly some of them are, and how they have no rhyme or reason to them...For example, does having a pistol grip on a rifle really make it that much more lethal than one without? Or having a collapsible stock so you can adjust your gun to your comfort? Silly...

Good to know you are finding some use in it..

the gun laws are frustrating.. and ridiculous.. but if you read through it enough it is simple enough to follow..

I figured I'd put this here instead of starting a new thread for one stupid question....

Is this firearm legal? (aside from the "hi-cap" mag)

http://www.jgsales.com/uc-9-centurion-9mm-uzi-sub-machinegun-style-rifle-w-fixed-wood-stock.-by-cai-p-6345.html

It says in the description "uzi sub-machinegun style", from what I am reading it is technically a, Century Arms model UC9, it is not titled an UZI.

16" barrel fixed stock, seems to be good on the evil features game.

The only thing that I think would make it a no-go is the substantially identical BS. Because I don't think it is banned by name because it isn't officially called an Uzi.

Anyone have an answer?

The courts have basically thrown out the substantially identical part of the law and the AG instituted the evil features part to help define "substantially identical".

So then do you believe this rifle to be legal?

Yes, it is legal per the law, as it does not have the evil features. BUT, I strongly suggest not to possess one in NJ, as you take a chance of being arrested. Do you really want that to happen?

Sent from my DROID4

I figured I'd put this here instead of starting a new thread for one stupid question....

Is this firearm legal? (aside from the "hi-cap" mag)

http://www.jgsales.c...cai-p-6345.html

It says in the description "uzi sub-machinegun style", from what I am reading it is technically a, Century Arms model UC9, it is not titled an UZI.

16" barrel fixed stock, seems to be good on the evil features game.

The only thing that I think would make it a no-go is the substantially identical BS. Because I don't think it is banned by name because it isn't officially called an Uzi.

Anyone have an answer?

more to Pauls point.. would you win? maybe....

but per the "banned list"

Uzi type semi-automatic firearms