Duppie

Dick's 9mm and 223 sale.

Visited Dick's in Freehold this morning and picked up several boxes of Remington 115 grain 9mm for $11.98/50.Regular price is $14.99/50.223 was also $3.00 off a box I believe.

Visited Dick's in Freehold this morning and picked up several boxes of Remington 115 grain 9mm for $11.98/50.Regular price is $14.99/50.223 was also $3.00 off a box I believe.

The sale price on the 9mm is not really all that great... You can find better deals online.

• Like 1

The sale price on the 9mm is not really all that great... You can find better deals online.

Yeah I know but again you have to buy 500+ rounds to make it worth while with the shipping,My intention is to keep 500 on hand for both my guns so to top off after a session at the range it's worth it to me.Do you have a place that has good,inexpensive ammo and cheap shipping?

I'd like to find some 45ACP at .30/round.

Reaload FTW! Cost will be wayyyy less than .30 per round.

Dan's Ammo has Fiocchi 230gr. 45ACP at about .32 per round ($329.99 for 1000), and it's top notch ammo. I just bought a case a few weeks ago, just to have on hand, as I also reload my own as well.

Yeah I know but again you have to buy 500+ rounds to make it worth while with the shipping,My intention is to keep 500 on hand for both my guns so to top off after a session at the range it's worth it to me.Do you have a place that has good,inexpensive ammo and cheap shipping?

Keep an eye out for sales online... I had bought Federal American Eagle 9mm/115gr from Grafs.com a few months ago and also got very cheap shipping. I paid about $210 for 1000 rounds with shipping included. Good deals pop-up online all the time... you just have to look for them.

Keep an eye out for sales online... I had bought Federal American Eagle 9mm/115gr from Grafs.com a few months ago and also got very cheap shipping. I paid about $210 for 1000 rounds with shipping included. Good deals pop-up online all the time... you just have to look for them.

Thanks, now I have 2 more online resources for ammo, Dans and Grafs. I do love a bargain.

Obviously some people disagree but I think being able to pick up 9mm locally for 12 bucks is a good deal.

I think so...

Obviously some people disagree but I think being able to pick up 9mm locally for 12 bucks is a good deal.

I agree, and most here if they came across it would probably buy a box or two if they had the dough. I would

Reaload FTW! Cost will be wayyyy less than .30 per round.

Dan's Ammo has Fiocchi 230gr. 45ACP at about .32 per round ($329.99 for 1000), and it's top notch ammo. I just bought a case a few weeks ago, just to have on hand, as I also reload my own as well.

I have no time to reload. Barely time to sh**. Multitasking on 15 projects keeps me tied up. I'll check out Dan's.

I have never paid more than $10 a box for 9mm because I buy buy the case online. When you run several guns using the same ammo its almost criminal to pay store prices. 20 boxes per case x $2-$5 per store bought box isn't chump change in savings.I will admit tho its getting a little harder recently to do so. One time I was hard up for .38 and choked on the $23 I had to pay for one box. I'll never do that again. Besides I'd feel naked if I was that low on ammo again. Need lots of ammo around. Dont mind too much grabbing .22 at the stores not a big hurt for that.

price of the 223 please!

Sorry again, as I explained to Maksim, I neglected to check out the price on the .223.But I believe it was $3.00 off a box.

Is this stuff real garbage or what? I know I have used a lot of the remmy in 9mm and it seems fine for the range? I figured for breaking in the AR and shooting at Range 14, it would be fine? Any opinions?

Is this stuff real garbage or what? I know I have used a lot of the remmy in 9mm and it seems fine for the range? I figured for breaking in the AR and shooting at Range 14, it would be fine? Any opinions?

Can't be worse than the Tula, Wolf, Silver Bear Trinity of crap.

Remmy UMC is decent, if a little dirty.

Explain dirty please. I believe I know what you're talking about but really not sure. I broke in both of my guns with Remington ammo and now ordered American eagle 115 grain for the 9mm and Magtech 158 grain .38 for my .357. So far had 1 FTE with my Sig and both guns seemed rather dirty and carbonized with these brands as opposed to the Remington ammo.

Opinions? Insight? Advice? Thanks Gentlemen.