Placed an order from Cabelas last night for:

10,000 Crossman BBs

3,000 CCI AR-Tactical 22LR rounds

After placing the order, I got a "RESTRICTED ITEM" ordered warning, and they told me I had to remove the BBs from the order, as they are not permitted to be shipped to NJ. They're OK sending me 3K rounds of 22LR, but not BBs. Wow, how crazy is that.

I went to the Midway site and ordered the BB's with no problem.

It's a strange world.

10,000 Crossman BBs

After placing the order, I got a "RESTRICTED ITEM" ordered warning, and they told me I had to remove the BBs from the order, as they are not permitted to be shipped to NJ. They're OK sending me 3K rounds of 22LR, but not BBs. Wow, how crazy is that.

It's a strange world.

Just crazy.

Had a good one happen right after 911. Some Pilots are able to carry and they have a different procedure for going through security at the airport. Well this happened just after the liquid ban. Well the Pilot shows his ID, signs the paperwork for caring a firearm on an aircraft. Well he starts to walk away to get on his flight and the TSA person notices a bottle of water strapped to him Flight bag, Stops him, and says " I have to take the water bottle, you can't have that"

Come on, Hes is a Pilot, first he doesn't need a weapon, he has control of the aircraft, second he is caring a gun, what;s he going to do with a water bottle????

Harry

10,000 Crossman BBs

It's a strange world.

you might try caling cabelas customer service. It is very good. I ran into a problem where I could order an 10/22 magazine in a one pack to NJ, but not the discounted three pack because they had the capacity in the database as 30 rounds. I actually got them to fix it.

10,000 Crossman BBs

It's a strange world.

BB's are extremely dangerous, you can take out someone's 'eye' with one :roulette:

you might try caling cabelas customer service.

I'm not going to do that because I don't want to rock the boat. I'm happy they are willing to send me the 22LR, and one potential outcome of that phone call is them deciding they can't do that anymore. Since Midway is willing to sell me the BB's for roughly the same price, there is no harm to me (other than a little extra shipping).

you might try caling cabelas customer service. It is very good. I ran into a problem where I could order an 10/22 magazine in a one pack to NJ, but not the discounted three pack because they had the capacity in the database as 30 rounds. I actually got them to fix it.

I agree. Same with crossbows and Cabelas. They were illegal to sell in NJ and they had them as restricted until only a few months ago, despite the fact that they were legal to hunt with a year prior.

We need an emoticon for a blind sheep.

You are happy that they are willing to ship you something that is 100% legal? You are a paying customer.

Yeah, so while you're at it call up the NJSP and ask them about Saiga rifles. When you're done, let us know when we have to turn them in. It's not blind sheep, it's "not moronically single minded" sheep who are able to see multiple sides of the same issue.

Also, since there are BB pistols in this state, I suspect it might actually BE ILLEGAL to ship BB's to NJ without FID and DL photocopies, since they are handgun ammo. I think the same is probably true for 22LR, but they haven't figured that out, and I'm willing enough to risk prosecution from getting BB's from Midway.

Yeah, so while you're at it call up the NJSP and ask them about Saiga rifles. When you're done, let us know when we have to turn them in. It's not blind sheep, it's "not moronically single minded" sheep who are able to see multiple sides of the same issue.

Also, since there are BB pistols in this state, I suspect it might actually BE ILLEGAL to ship BB's to NJ without FID and DL photocopies, since they are handgun ammo. I think the same is probably true for 22LR, but they haven't figured that out, and I'm willing enough to risk prosecution from getting BB's from Midway.

Correct on both points.

I've gotten pistol ammo (9mm) from Cabelas without FID...

Online.

FID requirement at time of purchase is required as part of licensing conditions from NJSP to retailers in the state of NJ. NJSP administrative code is toilet paper outside of NJ and does not effect someone like Cabelas who is selling to you from out of state into NJ.

Case in point, Ammoman.com is located in NJ and because of such, they need a license from NJSP to operate. As a result, ammoman.com cannot ship ammo to NJ residents, you have to go to his warehouse and pick it up. Meanwhile someone in the other 49 states can order online from ammoman.

My guess at best would be that cabelas has put restrictions on all of there BB gun equipment. Since they sell the rifles on-line, they may have grouped ammo and other stuff with the restriction.. maybe purposely or how they inventory items.

If you really thought about, it seems pretty stupid that they would knowingly restrict BB's, hell you can walk into any hardware store and buy them.

You expect Cabelas to have NJ all figured out when all the people on here can't collectively do that?

At some point they probably started selling a new product and the ever-present NJ issue came up and they decided not to deal with it after the last time they went through all the crap with .22. There's probably stuff they are not willing to put in the effort on to determine whether or not it's legal in NJ.