Wojo

My son was threaten by a classmate to be shot in the head

This is actually one of those things I feel sympathy for NJ teachers on. It has to do with no child left behind. A well adjusted kid gets disruptive, they can be disciplined, and will likely respond to such. A kid who is chronically a problem will usually ALSO perform poorly on testing. Because the school gets punished for that, the school has a vested interest in getting the child tagged as having learning issues so their lower scores are less detrimental to the school when it comes to test scores. Once they are tagged as such, teahcers pretty much are required to put up with vast quantities of crap from them so that they are not "left behind." In reality, once tagged, they are given license to drag the entire class down with them.

Oh your soo close it hurts!! We have to basically teach to the bottom learners and the disruptive kids. Not only that but they require teachers to make modification to these lower learners. That means your grade A student gets nothing unless he/she is in a advanced class. Believe it or not testing does not take into consideration whether a student has a IEP or 504, the report card for the school will say how many students are classified, but it is not factored into the testing stats..you get 3 levels.. above proficient, proficient and below. Most schools keep kids out of these programs because they cost a sh8t load per student, child study teams get paid along with a handful of other people. Schools whom get low scores generally have issues across the board. The problem is that teachers are required to spend more time on the lower learners leaving little time to the rest of the class... how the state deems this fair education i have no idea. Kids who need help should get it, but not at the expense of other students.

Schools with lots of money don't usually have issues with this, but schools just getting by are locked in with very little room to make adjustments.

I told my son if he chokes in front of you or drops to the floor, step over him and consider getting help for him if you feel like it.

It's hard to not help a fellow human being when they are in need, so I would suggest you prepare you son with the appropriate tools for the job. Remember you can never be too prepared.

Now get an envelope, address it to the police or first aid squad write you need help at the address enclosed. If anything happens, have you son drop it off in a mailbox on the way home and go on with his day knowing he help the psycho kid. :)

Harry

Well, we decided to switch schools. Detective Twat, never did what she was supposed to do. The out going principal is useless and the head priest is pretending it never happened. A few parents at the last HSA meeting we furious about not being told or having any kind of class discussion or explanation in the matter. Kind of what happened with all those priests doing things they shouldn't have...ignore it or transfer them. So we are going to another school and have joined another parish. Done. Things happen for a reason.

• Like 2

Well, we decided to switch schools. Detective Twat, never did what she was supposed to do. The out going principal is useless and the head priest is pretending it never happened. A few parents at the last HSA meeting we furious about not being told or having any kind of class discussion or explanation in the matter. Kind of what happened with all those priests doing things they shouldn't have...ignore it or transfer them. So we are going to another school and have joined another parish. Done. Things happen for a reason.

It's unfortunate that YOU and YOUR SON have to be inconvenienced because of a problem student. However, this is the BS we have to put up with every day. I commend you on refusing to allow it to continue by removing your son from the situation.

If this is how they acted this one time imagine what else they would sweep under the rug. Your son and yourself are much better off. you made the right choice. Celebrate the fact you freed your son from a terrible system. Next step is to plant the seed in him to move away from NJ as soon as he can, so to escape another terrible system :icon_mrgreen:

It's unfortunate that YOU and YOUR SON have to be inconvenienced because of a problem student. However, this is the BS we have to put up with every day. I commend you on refusing to allow it to continue by removing your son from the situation.

+1, Dan sums up my opinion.

I am sorry you had to remove your son from the school but honestly if they weren't looking out for him and the other students in this instance then you made the right choice. I have to agree with SpecialK too. Who knows what else they would sweep under the rug. This is a great lesson for your son on integrity. I wish you both well as you find a new parish and school for your son.

They obviously were not dealing with the situation and by the response by the other parents I see a much larger issue. At least you may have woken up a few otherwise clueless parents who had no idea about what goes on at the school.

A few years ago I was a special education advocate for the state of AR and you wouldn't believe the stuff they tried to get away with in hopes that the parents wouldn't fight or that the parents would be dumb enough to believe the lies and falsehoods they told.

My best to your son in his new school next year.

Hmm... I said this when I was younger, that is, when I was in first grade. Ironically, at that point, I probably couldn't have pointed out the difference between a gun and my bum. Of course, in my opinion the kid just needs a good a** kicking when he gets out of line, though, I guess you can't do that anymore, or the state takes your kids (Which, they get paid to do.) If the ball is in your court, I'd recommend an eval, and probably see that he doesn't have access to guns.

You said the kid has tendencies of killers, like what? Do you know anything of his home life?

Well, here is another data point and more reason I am grateful for making the decision to leave.

Yesterday the class were discussing recent movies or videos were asked to give reviews and ratings as part of a written assignment and oral presentation. Over the weekend we watched Gnomeo and Juliet (spoof on the classic with garden gnomes...pretty funny actually). My son gave his review of it and gave it 4 out of 5 stars. The child in question, said aloud so the entire class as well as the teacher heard it, "If you were naked in that movie or any other movie, I would give it 2,000,000 stars!" The class went silent and a girl classmate that has a crush on my son was the first one to say, "WHAT did you just say?" He then changed his statement to a negative two million starts....the teacher did nothing. The class feel into an awkward silence as you would imagine. My son did the right thing and said, "moving right along, and continued with his presentation". If anything, this entire issue has helped me see that he is making excellent decisions in a difficult environment and will make him better equipped to handle stuff in the future. The education in double standards is a huge part of this as well.

We got two calls last night from other parents that are aware of the ongoing situation. At least one other family is in the process of also transferring their child. Imagine if a boy told a girl that is she were naked in a movie he loved to see that...the school would have been all over that.

Someone said it earlier but I think it needs to be said again, your son is displaying a level of maturity well beyond his years! I am not sure at his age I or any of my friends would have reacted the way he did. Heck I am not sure at my age now I would act with the maturity level he did. Bravo to your son. I know you are very proud and you should be.

I almost regret that you're transferring your son. Reading the stories about that little douche (The ill behaved kid, not your son) really make me feel better about myself. IO still think all he needs is a few good a** kickings.

Sorry the school didn't do anything. I think perhaps you, and the other parents who are transferring their kids should mention they are doing so because of this student, once the school realizes they are losing money because of the little bastard, they might not be so willing to let stuff slide.

A very professional, but stinging letter that recapped this year and last went out last night to the principal and a copy went to the Paterson Diocese. A few copies will find their way into the HSA President and VP as well as a few other parents. The school is only a few students away from being closed because of dwindling enrollment. With that said, you would think, key word think, they would do the right thing. Two teachers spoke to my wife yesterday while we were attending my youngest's pre-K 4 graduation ceremony and fully supported what we did and how we did it. Just looking forward now.

I picked him on the Harley today and made sure I truly disturbed the entire school. I let the pipes roar quite loudly as I pulled in. Ever, so slowly I did two laps in the parking lot 'looking' for the right parking space don't you know. Nothing like a three sided brick court yard for acoustics when your exhaust pipes are in the 'box'. When my son's teacher jumped up and went to the window to see what the noise was all about (as did half the students and teachers) my son said, "it must be my dad, no one else it that loud" (Vance & Hines pipes / Mikuni Racing Carb). He thanked me a dozen times for the showmanship and picking him up on the bike. :dancing:

A very professional, but stinging letter that recapped this year and last went out last night to the principal and a copy went to the Paterson Diocese. A few copies will find their way into the HSA President and VP as well as a few other parents. The school is only a few students away from being closed because of dwindling enrollment. With that said, you would think, key word think, they would do the right thing. Two teachers spoke to my wife yesterday while we were attending my youngest's pre-K 4 graduation ceremony and fully supported what we did and how we did it. Just looking forward now.

I picked him on the Harley today and made sure I truly disturbed the entire school. I let the pipes roar quite loudly as I pulled in. Ever, so slowly I did two laps in the parking lot 'looking' for the right parking space don't you know. Nothing like a three sided brick court yard for acoustics when your exhaust pipes are in the 'box'. When my son's teacher jumped up and went to the window to see what the noise was all about (as did half the students and teachers) my son said, "it must be my dad, no one else it that loud" (Vance & Hines pipes / Mikuni Racing Carb). He thanked me a dozen times for the showmanship and picking him up on the bike. :dancing:

Hope everything works out. I mean, being a Catholic, raised in a hardcore catholic house, I'm kind of surprised that they would mess around with that kid, and just let him run rampant. But that's cool, when my dad worked for Wawa corporate, he brought in these giant chocolate trucks for my class, but that was about the coolest thing he ever did.

Being a former Paramedic, I cannot imagine what you have had to deal with during this. But I hope that someone pulls their head out of their BUTT and does something. I cannot tell you the horrors I have personally seen just with school violence, but it can only get worse as the kid gets older.

The zero tolerance is BS, I see it on my local school, and where my son now goes to college. We all need to go back 30+years and do things like we used to. Not that I enjoyed getting a beatin for things I did, but we were better adjusted I think IMO. We had a shooting range in my high school, and we could walk down the street to the school with our gun, no police SWAT team meeting us at the entrance.

I hope everything works out for you with NO problems. We send our kids to school to learn and this is what you get...sad

God Bless

When I speak on webinars or when I give presentations about school or workplace violence I bring this concept for people to mull over.

We have not lost a student to a school fire in over 50 years. Yet we aren't about to stop having fire drills or remove our life safety systems.

In the workplace, while we lose a very, very small percentage of workers to fire, we aren't about to stop having the local fire inspectors stop making inspections or let fire codes go back to pre-World War II standards.

In both areas, we see an insane amount of victims from violence and yet, we don't do much to prevent it. We do a decent job after the fact of prosecution. Over 70% of workplaces don't have workplace violence prevention program or training in place. And only recently have the schools starting doing active shooter drills (good thing). But the major of kids aren't killed from an active shooter, it is the one hit there, three kids stabbed here, etc.

Punching a kid in the face that is harassing you in not an active shooter or even being a bully it is called school yard justice. But as this situation has played out, if MY son administered some school yard justice, the system would crucify him and let the agitator off without any negative repercussions.

But as this situation has played out, if MY son administered some school yard justice, the system would crucify him and let the agitator off without any negative repercussions.

This is what bothers me the most. Society has come to the point where we crucify the victim and the offender gets off and can do it again and again.

• Like 1

This is what bothers me the most. Society has come to the point where we crucify the victim and the offender gets off and can do it again and again.

Amen to that my brother. To be fair to our inner city members....wurd.

• Like 1

Amen to that my brother. To be fair to our inner city members....wurd.

This phrase has touched the very fabric of my soul. XD

But yeah, Personally, I'd feel safer at college if I were allowed to CC, or if teachers could, but we don't allow people to defend themselves. I mean, if you're feeling too happy, and want to depress yourself, google ridiculous punishments for crimes, or something like that. I believe a few years ago sentenced a child rapist to 200 hours of crocheting. :facepalm: