Shawnmoore81

Bought a new ar

CH, that is a point I find overlooked by a lot of people! Maybe because my eyes aint so good it matters more to me but I cant tell friend or foe at distance. Of course you can add a 3x magnifier... but if your going to do that then it might be time to look at 1x4 variable. But then there is the entire slippery slope thing which will end in, at what point do you close your wallet!

CH, that is a point I find overlooked by a lot of people! Maybe because my eyes aint so good it matters more to me but I cant tell friend or foe at distance. Of course you can add a 3x magnifier... but if your going to do that then it might be time to look at 1x4 variable. But then there is the entire slippery slope thing which will end in, at what point do you close your wallet!

I never thought about it until I was told it. I always thought that it just made it easier to "hold the crosshair on what you want to shoot", but I can shoot with similar accuracy magnified or not. I currently have a 3xmag for my CompM3 and it's..... not the best. I'm going to upgrade to a 1-4..... or wait for the 1-8's. I think a 1-4 would serve fine on my SR-15. I am going to pick up a PredatAR in the coming months and that would be a great candidate for a 1-8.

You'd be much more familiar with this than me, but from what I've read, magnification mostly serves for threat identification.

And you/we are going to be engaging threats at distance in what realistic situation?

Distance is a mitigation factor in a threat, the further away the less threat they are. Buy a decent pair of binos for identification. We don't use weapons mounted lights for threat identification so why use a rifle scope to do the same? (this is in the civi world)

And you/we are going to be engaging threats at distance in what realistic situation?

Distance is a mitigation factor in a threat, the further away the less threat they are. Buy a decent pair of binos for identification. We don't use weapons mounted lights for threat identification so why use a rifle scope to do the same? (this is in the civi world)

Unless the commies invade and we have to get the Wolverines together, never. I don't mind having the capability of going from 1-8x with the flick of a cat-tail though.

hi, i am a new member. got my new ar. its an rra operator. they had a sale so i took advantage of it. took me 9 weeks to get it. it shoots nice, took it to bullet hole yesterday and am surprised with the recoil. theres almost none. nice features on it as wwell. flip up front sights with rra dominator eotech rear sight. it has a full quadrail hand guard and ergo grip. cant say anything negative about it

hi, i am a new member. got my new ar. its an rra operator. they had a sale so i took advantage of it. took me 9 weeks to get it. it shoots nice, took it to bullet hole yesterday and am surprised with the recoil. theres almost none. nice features on it as wwell. flip up front sights with rra dominator eotech rear sight. it has a full quadrail hand guard and ergo grip. cant say anything negative about it

Welcome aboard here sir, PICS of that!

just picked it up

width=596 height=799http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/njbudman81/guns/819aad72.jpg[/img]

Sights folded

width=640 height=477http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/njbudman81/guns/fe000a73.jpg[/img]

Sights flipped

width=640 height=477http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/njbudman81/guns/7fe4e252.jpg[/img]

Smith and wesson m&p-15

5.56/.223

Optics ready

16" barrel

Magpul mbus sights

Will be adding and eotech when

It arrives

Shawnmoore81, good looking rifle-- what mine started out as, as well. I just want to say be careful as the Magpul sights are polymer, and the front sight, sitting on the gas block, can melt in extended use. I would recommend replacing it with a metal front sight from a company like Troy or MI (and a few other manufacturers).