njgundevil

central jersey man on man match / glock match practice

I'll be there.

Details from CentralJerseySteel.com

Next Match Sunday, May 29 2011. Sign up 8:30 am

We have a 5th Sunday this month, which means we try to throw together something a little different.

This month we are going to run an all steel version of the GSSF stages to offer up some practice for the June GSSF match. You may shoot any gun, but the stages will not be revolver friendly and will require 10 shots. You may start holstered, or low ready. Just like GSSF you will need two shots on the normally paper targets. Limited to 10 shots per run, so misses hurt.

Also, we are going to try out a man-on-man event. We are still planning the exact details. Highlights :

• Two shooters drawn randomly shoot head to head.

• Best 2 of 3 move on (3 of 5 for quarter finals on)

• Pistol Iron sights only to keep the playing field even.

• 10 rounds per mag /in gun to start, reloads are allowed.

• Surrender start.

tried something like this in georgia.head to head at gunny challenge was alot of fun but got my a$$ handed to me kinda fast. rumor has it two plate racks and 2 ipsc poppers. clear the plate rack and shoot the popper. the popper on the bottom( down first) wins.iron sights only and 10 rounds in gun . hard part is the guy next to you is shooting at the same time . will be nice to do this using one of my guns though.

tried something like this in georgia.head to head at gunny challenge was alot of fun but got my a$$ handed to me kinda fast. rumor has it two plate racks and 2 ipsc poppers. clear the plate rack and shoot the popper. the popper on the bottom( down first) wins.iron sights only and 10 rounds in gun . hard part is the guy next to you is shooting at the same time . will be nice to do this using one of my guns though.

now taking bets. i'll be eliminated during the first round. takers?

well it could be worse you could be matched against rich or mike d. the fun part is not to think about who else is shooting or watching just you and your front sight. it will be a really fun . the most fun will be matching up the shooters and the trash talking :icon_twisted:

looks quite interesting. =) Match fee?

This match is being put together by the guys who do the monthly steel match at CJ. My assumption is the fee is the same. $8 non-member, $3 member.

More info here.

http://centraljerseysteel.com/home.html

Match Sunday, May 29 2011. Sign up 8:30 am

Taken from the site:

We have a 5th Sunday this month, which means we try to throw together something a little different.

This month we are going to run an all steel version of the GSSF stages to offer up some practice for the June GSSF match. You may shoot any gun, but the stages will not be revolver friendly and will require 10 shots. You may start holstered, or low ready. Just like GSSF you will need two shots on the normally paper targets. Limited to 10 shots per run, so misses hurt.

Also, we are going to try out a man-on-man event. We are still planning the exact details. Highlights :

• Two shooters drawn randomly shoot head to head.

• Best 2 of 3 move on (3 of 5 for quarter finals on)

• Pistol Iron sights only to keep the playing field even.

• 10 rounds per mag /in gun to start, reloads are allowed.

• Surrender start.

Great time. The man-on-man was some of the most fun I've ever had shooting a competition, even if I did get knocked out in the first round(stupid popper). Also, continued my terrible shooting with the pistol throughout the day. At least the rifle was a different story :icon_mrgreen:

1. njgundevil...where the hell were you?!

2. the head to head was awesome. so awesome i think that they may drop the sixth stage in the future matches and include a head to head each month. I'm not sure but I suspect it may happen. I hope so.

3. it was a great day. lots of fun! see ya'll next week for regular steel