StephanieSeven

IDPA @ Somerset, Sunday 5/15/11

Oh .. what the hell. I haven't shot IDPA in many years. I'll drag my a** over, I just need to find some form of cover garment and see if I have enough 8rd mags.

I assume that means that you will be shooting CDP? OK, I will do the same. I have not shot IDPA since 2008....and I shot grand total of 2 IDPA matches in my life.

I assume that means that you will be shooting CDP? OK, I will do the same. I have not shot IDPA since 2008....and I shot grand total of 2 IDPA matches in my life.

Yeah CDP, I need to make sure my gear works for it. I'll have to put a standard mag release button instead of the one I have, check my holster for light between the belt, etc. Re-reading the rules.

Yeah CDP, I need to make sure my gear works for it. I'll have to put a standard mag release button instead of the one I have, check my holster for light between the belt, etc. Re-reading the rules.

I still have the setup I used the last time. I am assuming it will still be legal.

Can you sign up for IDPA at the match like USPSA or do you have to register online beforehand? Still on the fence on IDPA...not enough weekends for all these matches, so I am leaning towards just focusing on USPSA for now (with some steel matches thrown in occasionally).

Can you sign up for IDPA at the match like USPSA or do you have to register online beforehand?

You can join on-line at the IDPA website. As for the match, the IDPA waives membership for the first match (actually I think SCFGPA will do it for two, but you'll have to check with them). Give it a try before you make a decision. I intend to shoot both, but will probably favor IDPA. SCFGPA puts on a great match and they're a friendly bunch. Come on out.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

SCFGPA is relatively lenient on registering with IDPA, but Tom Richards says he plans to tighten things up. You can definitely shoot a match without registering, I think he was just frustrated with the semi-regulars who aren't official.

Dreck was at the IDPA practice night on weds, but said he didn't think he'd be able to get a hold of a holster (sigpro 9mm I think).

Dreck was at the IDPA practice night on weds, but said he didn't think he'd be able to get a hold of a holster (sigpro 9mm I think).

Yeah I got one on fleabay but it's not here yet. I may stop by to watch and hopefully I'll be there next month to shoot.

Good shooting with you. The courses were pretty good. Too bad you guys had to run early.

Unfortunately that was my fault. I really did not think it would run as late as it did and had a prior engagement. It would have been nice to finish the match, but Vlad and I both agreed that we had a good re-fresher on IDPA. How/when are scores distributed?

We probably won't get scored as per IDPA policy that if you DNF a stage, you DNF the match. That's one drawback of time+ scoring, by only shooting 3 stages we would have had a lower score then anyone else, and lower scores win :-)

I am not sure there is any uniformity to it, but I did not finish one of the matches I shot before and I got scored for the stages that I did shoot. Anyway it was an interesting experience.

We probably won't get scored as per IDPA policy that if you DNF a stage, you DNF the match. That's one drawback of time+ scoring, by only shooting 3 stages we would have had a lower score then anyone else, and lower scores win :-)

Most of the time if you leave early, Tom just marks you as "DNF" that's all. You do still get your scores from the stages. However for some reason I didn't see you guys on the score sheet. You may have to check with Tom.

I am not sure there is any uniformity to it, but I did not finish one of the matches I shot before and I got scored for the stages that I did shoot. Anyway it was an interesting experience.

How did you like it? There's definitely some more rules than in USPSA, and some of the things that you do would probably get you killed (Tactical "priority" being shoot as you "see them" - slicing the pie, instead of whoever's closest/biggest threat)...

Most of the time if you leave early, Tom just marks you as "DNF" that's all. You do still get your scores from the stages. However for some reason I didn't see you guys on the score sheet. You may have to check with Tom.

Yeah, can you please PM me his e-mail?

How did you like it? There's definitely some more rules than in USPSA, and some of the things that you do would probably get you killed (Tactical "priority" being shoot as you "see them" - slicing the pie, instead of whoever's closest/biggest threat)...

I really do not want this thread to deteriorate into another flame war. I am staying firm in my opinion that IDPA can be a fun game. I still do not put much stock into the idea that it provides anything of tactical value beyond any other gun game. Neither Vlad nor I had any problems with taking cover, engagement order, slicing the pie, or any other rule. Neither of us picked up a single procedural in the course of the three stages we completed. I was a bit tentative earlier simply because I was shooting a 1911 which is not a gun that I shoot that much but I had IDPA compliant gear for it.

Somewhat "fuzzy" application of rules was a bit of an irritant. Being a guest in someone else's house I had just shut up and shot.

End of the day its coke and pepsi. Some people have a definite preference for one over the other. Others can barely tell them apart.

• Like 1