ronhonda

USPSA Old Bridge 5/22/11

Match Sunday 5/22/11(weather permitting)

New Shooters show up by 9am.

pre-register on www.obcats.com (sign up and watch for range conditions updates)

Match should start by 10am.

Any questions post them, someone will hopefully answer them.

From the website;

Click

HERE to register.

Registration is open now.

A few housekeeping items we all need to pay attention to when signing up for a match:

Division, Power Factor, Class, Signature.

If you don't declare a Division we enter you as Open, if you don't declare

a Power Factor, we enter you as shooting Minor. If you are signing up

at the match, this is very important as you will be entered as a Walk-on

and all Walk-ons are in the Palms as Open. After the match we correct

this from the sign-in sheets.

If you don't fill out and complete the Registration and Waiver Form

fully we have nothing else to go on so you get scored as Open-Minor no changes will be made after the match. If we enter your information incorrectly, then we will make the correction. If you change divisions on match day, just note this on the forms, we will make this correction. We will not chase you down to get your division or power factor.

If you register online, you still MUST compete all the information on the

Registration and Waiver Form. If you have never

shot at Old Bridge USPSA before, then your address and phone should also

be filled out.

The Registration and Waiver Form MUST be completed AND signed. Forms without signatures will not be entered in the match.

Thank you. The Stats Guy

Won't be able to make it, will be in a tent at the AHDRA races in Numedia PA and that weekend with some a bunch of other people. I'll try and make the June one if I can but July looks to be the best bet at this time due to vacation coverages at work. Boy I can't wait to retire, it will leave me so much more time to do what I want. :)

Harry

how much ammo do we need to bring?

As a general rule for a USPSA match, you can avoid being screwed by taking the number of stages, adding one to it in case you wind up with a reshoot, and then multiplying by 32 (the max round count for USPSA stages unless taking an exception), and round to the closest 50. So OB is 8*32=256. Not every stage will be 32 rounds, and usually the classifier will be botha lower round count and near zero chance of getting a reshoot. So 250 is usually safe.

Dave almost always updates the phone line with the round count in time to call and find out that morning.

As a general rule for a USPSA match, you can avoid being screwed by taking the number of stages, adding one to it in case you wind up with a reshoot, and then multiplying by 32 (the max round count for USPSA stages unless taking an exception), and round to the closest 50. So OB is 8*32=256. Not every stage will be 32 rounds, and usually the classifier will be botha lower round count and near zero chance of getting a reshoot. So 250 is usually safe.

:wacko: what?! lol

I almost never bring more the 200, and I always go home with some. The MINIMUM required ranges between 140-180 for the average match so you want to have same spare if you plan to make up shots or maybe reshoot a stage. If you are new to the game bring 250-300, you'll take a lot back home. My policy of 200 has nearly bitten me the butt a couple of times but I've never not had enough to finish a match. Once I went home with 4 rounds left, that was a tad close.

My policy of 200 has nearly bitten me the butt a couple of times but I've never not had enough to finish a match. Once I went home with 4 rounds left, that was a tad close.

Shh, he's borrowed ammo from me AT LEAST once. And he's not the only one. Which is why I bring 300. :)

I gave everyone the formula for if taking a safe guess for any given match, but nobody seems ot want to learn how to fish.