FearThisInc

Just thought you all might want to read this..

i do understand leo must be on their toes all the time in philly .they would like to go home to their family after work just like everyone else.some how or another philly will have to work this out

Unreal. I really can't believe Philly outright refuses to follow PA State Law. Thank you for sharing, Fearthis.

As i posted in the other thread.. Philly has decided, back when Rizzo was the Mayor, that they were "Special' and they could do what they want, and to hell with State and federal Laws..Sadly, what it would TAKE, is something that'd never happen, which would be the Mayor of Police Director led out in Cuffs by US Marshals for contempt of a Federal Judicial Ruling...Kind of what needs to be done in DC and Chicago as well.

So, who do we write to, to make the point that there is virtually no consistency between the DA and the police and the law for that matter? It seems pretty cut and dry that the police and DA are in the wrong and are trying to save face at this point (or are being told to by someone higher up).

"This office respects and upholds the rights of a citizen to lawfully carry a firearm," Tasha Jamerson, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office, said in a statement emailed to FoxNews.com. "The permit to carry a concealed weapon, however, does not mean that a permitholder can abuse that right by refusing to cooperate with police."

"This office only charges people with offenses that we think we can prosecute," Jamerson said in an interview with FoxNews.com. "We just don't willy-nilly charge a person with a crime as retaliation for an incident."

And yet the police admit that they were in the wrong by not knowing the laws, as well as the police officer in question is facing possible disciplinary action? So, the police escalate the situation by pure ignorance, and then say they will indeed enforce laws unconstitutionally-- followed by the fact that the DA is saying that the escalation was the fault of the victim, even though said officer who did escalate will be disciplined. Ha, what a crock of sh-t.

While the DA is at it, how about they throw a bone to all the criminals and low lives in Philly. Make one week where Philly pulls all the cops off the streets, and then dump bags full of non-essentials in the streets and let them tear into each other. Because, hey, its sending the same message, and would probably be cheaper then bringing this case to trial.

the DA is saying that the escalation was the fault of the victim,

If you shut your mouth, lay on the ground, let me put my knee in your back while tearing your rotator cuff, maybe I won't shoot you. You brought this upon yourself by talking back to me, don't you know who I am? I am the law.

"This office only charges people with offenses that we think we can prosecute," Jamerson said in an interview with FoxNews.com. "We just don't willy-nilly charge a person with a crime as retaliation for an incident."

lolz.... could have fooled me!!

Shouldn't it read.. this office only charges people who break the law...

Great stuff. Pure violation of state laws, and violation of this guy's civil rights (not just OC in this case).

This guy may have recourse in civil court, but there seems to be no doubt he violated the law by not obeying the officer's instructions.

He should have done everything he was told, then called his lawyer and sued. He somewhat compromised his position by providing resistance.

Blue

This guy may have recourse in civil court, but there seems to be no doubt he violated the law by not obeying the officer's instructions.

He should have done everything he was told, then called his lawyer and sued. He somewhat compromised his position by providing resistance.

Blue

:facepalm: