Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

PS3 Network Modern Warfare 2 Help?

I have an atari, nintendo, nintendo 64, ps one, two and three, xbox and xbox 360.

I can plug in all of them and play all of them, except for the xbox and 360. go figure.

I will give their next console a look..but right now i just dont have any faith in microsoft.

• Like 1

PSN, as everybody has prob already heard, was rockeeeeeeeeed hard. There were reports of follow up hacks, though nothing as malicious as the initial. PSN is back up, though, like the PS Store, they're still working out some kinks.

Also realize that a lot of the MW2 community has switched over to Black Ops, and since its all P2P, if nobody/not many are playing, then its really difficult to get a match going.

Who knows. PS3 network has been a mess for the last 5-6 weeks. I can;t access my Netflix or Hulu accounts. Sony has MAJOR security issues.

http://www.engadget....-woes-continue/

The online issues were fixed last weekend 5/14. Today there are running scheduled maintenance.

PSN, as everybody has prob already heard, was rockeeeeeeeeed hard. There were reports of follow up hacks, though nothing as malicious as the initial. PSN is back up, though, like the PS Store, they're still working out some kinks.

Also realize that a lot of the MW2 community has switched over to Black Ops, and since its all P2P, if nobody/not many are playing, then its really difficult to get a match going.

People are still playing MW2.

There have been "issues" with hackers and MW2 but I believe they were addressed by Infinity Ward.

The PERFECT solution for this.....buy an Xbox 360.

I have both systems and they have their pros and cons.

Mainly graphics and game exclusives.

I never liked the idea of "paying" to play, but it is worth it.

I have both systems and they have their pros and cons.

Mainly graphics and game exclusives.

I never liked the idea of "paying" to play, but it is worth it.

lets not kid ourselves here, the graphics between the two are not that much different although i'll give ps3 the fact there slightly better... PC would be a better choice if you like graphics and free online. The whole exclusive games really depends since they both have them. I have yet to see a game for only the ps3 that has made me want to buy one. It really comes down to what you like and what works for you... there's really nothing more or less about it. If you can spend the extra cash a year on a service like xbox live its worth it, your paying for the service which means they have to keep it in top running order unlike ps3...if live was shut down like the ps3 network all hell would break loose and it would be up and running within days not weeks.

Not sure why u dont have any faith in M$, they have never had any real issues with user's and gamers and run a solid platform... yes your live fee actually pays to keep the service in top running order and allows them to update it frequently. The ps3 network just had the worst hack in gaming history was shut down for weeks and you say M$ sucks lol?

OP- does the game sit in the lobby waiting for other players? or does it just continually search for a game? Is your NAT open on your network?

Graphics differences are minimal. And $60 a year, that's $5 a month. $5 a month is worth it to me to have RELIABLE online play, and have my card information secured :icon_rolleyes:

I am no Playstation fan boy.. but if you are betting on Microsoft to build a reliable secure crash proof system.. you have IMO made a bad wager..

let's not kid ourselves.. all systems have issues.. but Microsoft and reliability are not exactly 2 things that go hand in hand..

Graphics differences are minimal. And $60 a year, that's $5 a month. $5 a month is worth it to me to have RELIABLE online play, and have my card information secured :icon_rolleyes:

+1 this!

Also if you keep your eyes open you can get a 12 month card for like $35. So $3/month!

Check your NAT setting. Its what allows your PS3 to talk to the servers. If you have a strict NAT then you need to switch routers or do Port Forwarding.

If its just the PS3, then wait it out a day or two and go back and see if it works.

The whole console debate. I'm a rarity. I like both consoles equally. They both have their ups and downs, but both are generally reliable systems that get the job done. Sony's hardware is a bit better than Microsoft's, but MS's network and server capabilities seem to be a lot better than Sony's. After that it all comes down to what accessories they offer. Again both are tied IMO. They're just both great systems all around.

Or you could have all three! (360, PS3, PC.) The 360 online community is the strongest, no doubt. But I personally hate playing anything multiplayer on Live because its just kids. PS3 is free, and before it was brought down by the hackers (who, lets be honest, could easily take down MS' Live if they wanted), PSN was pretty darn solid with minimal down time. With that said, I do mostly all of my gaming on my PC anyway, and the consoles can't really compare.

Regarding graphics for consoles, I do run HDMI for both the 360 and PS3, and really it comes down to the games themselves. A lot of games, even now, are maxed at 720P, while only a few handful take advantage of being in 1080P-- so that's a moot point. On top of that, with the introduction of the black 360, I believe the PS3 and 360 are pretty much even in potential. I could go into chip interface, but long story short, when a Microsoft exclusive can come close to or exceeding the bar set by Naughty Dog's, and a Sony exclusive, Uncharted 2, I'll believe that 360's are capable.

PSN is fine. Once they work out the hiccups, things will resume as normal.

Check your ports and like what was said before your NAT type. You want NAT type 2. NAT type 1 is better but the only way you can get that is to have a direct connection to the internet, no router in between. If it's NAT type 3, first try to enable UPnP. That should automatically open the necessary ports on your router and enable you to play. HOWEVER, some routers are a little finicky and you'll have to manually open the ports yourself even if you have UPnP on. Try that.

If none of those options work. You could try to place your PS3 in a DMZ. If it gets that far I'll respond with more details cause it takes a little more work.

Netflix, hulu, and etc. All the services will be down. I think they'll be restored along with the PS Store.

Check your ports and like what was said before your NAT type. You want NAT type 2. NAT type 1 is better but the only way you can get that is to have a direct connection to the internet, no router in between. If it's NAT type 3, first try to enable UPnP. That should automatically open the necessary ports on your router and enable you to play. HOWEVER, some routers are a little finicky and you'll have to manually open the ports yourself even if you have UPnP on. Try that.

If none of those options work. You could try to place your PS3 in a DMZ. If it gets that far I'll respond with more details cause it takes a little more work.

Netflix, hulu, and etc. All the services will be down. I think they'll be restored along with the PS Store.

My 360 runs on the DMZ host, and its probably the easiest option if available. My verizon router automatically open the ports for xbox, but it keeps the nat setting moderate, the only way to do it is to enable the dmz host find the IP adress for the console and just type it in... much easier then trying to deal with ports and nat settings.

+1

fix your router settings and you should be GTG