MarcS

CZ 75 p-01

Sup people.. I'm in the market for a pistol and am really interested in a CZ p-01 or possibly a CZ 75b compact. Wanted to see if anyone had any experience with or currently own either pistol. Well let me know if ya got experience please..

I had one that I sold to Lunker. We usually shoot on Tuesday nights at shore shot. C'mon down and just post up that your going. poeple will bring what your looking for if they have it.

That's cool, I really appreciate it!.. I'm there at ShoreShot often, and was there last Tuesday.. Did you happen to be around last week for the Glock .40 kb?

yes I was alking to the guy that happened to. are you him?

Oh that's cool man.. Talon grip is really a big difference maker for those finger grooves.. I installed a few new parts on the g19.. LS titanium striker & plunger, extended slide stop, magpul ranger plates, and a glock '-' connector.. I'm not fully happy wiht the trigger pull yet, but it's an improvement.. Thanks for being cool to us, my gf really loved that sig of yours...

Thats what it is all about.

I am thinking about changing the 17 alot but not sure where I am going with it yet. Gonna be down at the range on Friday to try the g19 out after the grip.

Oh that's cool man.. Talon grip is really a big difference maker for those finger grooves.. I installed a few new parts on the g19.. LS titanium striker & plunger, extended slide stop, magpul ranger plates, and a glock '-' connector.. I'm not fully happy wiht the trigger pull yet, but it's an improvement.. Thanks for being cool to us, my gf really loved that sig of yours...

If you're not happy with the standard connector mods, get one of these and you'll never look back. I tried one last sunday and its as close to a SA style trigger you can get on a Glock.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156277

If you're not happy with the standard connector mods, get one of these and you'll never look back. I tried one last sunday and its as close to a SA style trigger you can get on a Glock.

http://www.glockworx...spx?PROD=156277

It had better be for $250. :)

Well you wanted pics.. Here's some pics.. A few old ones and some new ones with mods..

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

Sorry for pic quality, used my Thunderbolt for pics..You guys should be able to see the titanium finish on the striker and safety plunger, very nice parts. I really love those talon grips, they give you a solid solid grip on the gun and def help fill up those finger grooves. Snap to install and they remove cleanly. The magpul plates look cool but the big advantage in a SHTF scenario is that you can hold a mag using the extension on your support hand while being able to shoot the gun at the same time.. Guns a lil dirty, haven't had time to give it a bath.. lol

I have a CZ75B full size that I might sale if you are interested.

Not really sure if I would go with a full size one.. I tend to shoot compact guns better than fullsize semi's for the most part. Not exactly sure why, but I can shoot a full frame revolver just fine...

Not really sure if I would go with a full size one.. I tend to shoot compact guns better than fullsize semi's for the most part. Not exactly sure why, but I can shoot a full frame revolver just fine...

That's funny. I am thinking about the full size CZ from the Custom Shop. I really do like the compact P01 though. I shoot it very well (for me, anyway). So much so that I ditched my Glock 34 that I shot pretty well too. And the P01 has a NJ friendly 14 round magazine. The full size guns come with 17+ round mags, so us Jerseyans need to swap them for 10 rounders. I do prefer the old-style straighter combat trigger, and wouldn't mind getting the custom shop hammer. I just don't know if it makes sense to put nearly $300 into a $500 gun if I would be getting the custom shop gun that already has these mods. Decisions, decisions...

That's funny. I am thinking about the full size CZ from the Custom Shop. I really do like the compact P01 though. I shoot it very well (for me, anyway). So much so that I ditched my Glock 34 that I shot pretty well too. And the P01 has a NJ friendly 14 round magazine. The full size guns come with 17+ round mags, so us Jerseyans need to swap them for 10 rounders. I do prefer the old-style straighter combat trigger, and wouldn't mind getting the custom shop hammer. I just don't know if it makes sense to put nearly $300 into a $500 gun if I would be getting the custom shop gun that already has these mods. Decisions, decisions...

If you try to recreate a custom shop Shadow, its going to cost a lot more to buy it, add the aggregate parts and then there is the action polishing that the custom shop does that a smith would really need to do. IMHO, Best to just get it all already done from Angus. A buddy of mine with an FFL recently signed up as a dealer for the CZ Custom shop for me to get some things. If you're seriously considering the Shadow (or any pistol on their site), i can put you in contact with him, his pricing reflects a discount over the CZ custom web prices.

If you try to recreate a custom shop Shadow, its going to cost a lot more to buy it, add the aggregate parts and then there is the action polishing that the custom shop does that a smith would really need to do. IMHO, Best to just get it all already done from Angus. A buddy of mine with an FFL recently signed up as a dealer for the CZ Custom shop for me to get some things. If you're seriously considering the Shadow (or any pistol on their site), i can put you in contact with him, his pricing reflects a discount over the CZ custom web prices.

Jon,

I spoke to the custom shop and it is nearly $300 to have the hammer and trigger installed and requisite polishing. The money would probably be better spent saving towards the custom shop gun.

Jon,

I spoke to the custom shop and it is nearly $300 to have the hammer and trigger installed and requisite polishing. The money would probably be better spent saving towards the custom shop gun.

Perhaps i wasn't clear but that's exactly what i'm saying. And i'm also saying when you want the $1200 Shadow, i have a local dealer that will quote you a better price on a cz custom than cz custom direct.

Hey, that was my Sig (I just bought it from Bryan)I love it as well. Nice meeting you.

Yah was really nice meeting you guys.. That Sig was a really nice piece, my gf loved it. (She loves all expensive things, ROFL) So far pretty much everyone gun buff I've met at SS has been cool people.. I think we're gonna go to the range today for a bit..

@Lunker, I can shoot over there tomorrow also if you don't mind to check out the CZ.. I'll bring some ammo for the sucker..