Jon

Best value in tumblers nowadays?

I need a tumbler, and plan on using rice as media(per a post by Vlad). Amount of brass that can be cleaned at one time is of no concern to me, just looking for something cheap that will last.

i dont think cheap will last especially if you dont care about the time. you will burn that motor right up on a cheapy. i would buy the best and let it last hickock 45 says he has the same tumbler since the 80's and its a dillon tumbler. and idk about rice never used it i just go buy huge bags of crushed walnut pet bedding from the pet shot so cheap and cleans very well

I used a Lyman Turbo 1200 for about 6 years before my wife gifted me a Dillon CV2001. I love my Dillon, mostly because of its size, but the Lyman still works. I think its like $44 at Midway.

I have been using my Lyman Turbo 1200 for a couple of years and it works fine. +1 on the walnut shells!

Still using my old Midway 1292. I bought the original in the early 90's. Then there was a consumer recall on them in 1998 concerning the motor that may/could overheat. I found out about it when I got a nice postcard in the mail alerting me of the recall. I never had any problems with mine, but turned in my original motor base to Midway. They sent me a complete unit within a week, so now I have two tubs w/lids. I have been using that replacement with no issues for the last thirteen years. Always had excellent customer service from Midway. Someday I may get a Thumler's, but that will be after this one fails. This unit has served me well with no complaints.

Just a tip with any of the cheaper smaller vibratory cleaners. raise them off the surface they sit on. I put min on some scrap pieces of wood, but the better airflow keeps the motor a lot cooler, especially when full.

I've been using a Harbor Frieght vibratory unit with rice and lizard bedding, and a capful of Nu Finish.

Yeah I know, they are crap but they are cheap. If it dies I'll buy a new one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-lb-metal-vibrator-tumbler-67617.html

Been working fine for 2 years, I usually load it up with 3-400 pistol brass pieces, 3-4 hours and shiney clean.

I've got the Frankford Aresenal Quick-N-EZ tumbler package, which I bought a couple of months ago and works great for me. For $73.99, not a bad deal... and if you get a sale or coupon code to use at Midway, it's even a better deal. Here's some info about on the package:

Technical Information:

Bowl Capacity: 600-9mm cases or 360-223 Remington cases

Media Included: Yes 3 lbs of Corn Cob Media

Kit Includes: Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler, Rotary Media Separator, 3-1/2 gallon bucket, 4 oz Brass Polish and a 3 lb bag of Corn Cob Media

I bought it from Midway... here's the link: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=414369