Ryan626

Comp guns

So I picked up 2 permits today. My mind tells me to get an STI Eagle in .40 for uspsa/idpa but my wallet tells me to buy an EAA limited. Maks let me hold his and it felt great but my uspsa buddies tells me go for sti since parts and gunsmith are readily avaiable. For the price of one sti, I get to buy 2 guns. At this point of time, is there really a lack of gunsmiths able to work on a non 1911/2011 gun? I am not a tinkerer so if I buy an EAA limited and something breaks, am I stuck with a small group of smiths who can repair it?

Thanks.

Ryan

So I picked up 2 permits today. My mind tells me to get an STI Eagle in .40 for uspsa/idpa but my wallet tells me to buy an EAA limited. Maks let me hold his and it felt great but my uspsa buddies tells me go for sti since parts and gunsmith are readily avaiable. For the price of one sti, I get to buy 2 guns. At this point of time, is there really a lack of gunsmiths able to work on a non 1911/2011 gun? I am not a tinkerer so if I buy an EAA limited and something breaks, am I stuck with a small group of smiths who can repair it?

Can you touch these guns anywhere in NJ, or do you have to order them?

I have a friend of mine that said STI was the only way to go, but my wallet said otherwise. There are many other good guns available for a lower price than a high priced STI.

Either way you go, it would be best to shoot whatever you plan on buying, I know there are not many out there to shoot but if you mention what make and model you are looking and post up for a range meet with someone who might have one for you to try.

Also don't forget to look at CZ, there are few people here that have them, and if your ever down my way at the OBRPC I have a CZ 75 TS in 40 S&W I would let you try out. The TS is very limited at this time for extra mags for a few more weeks from what I hear, but other models are less restrictive as far as compatibility with parts and accessories.

Harry

Ryan, if you want to shoot mine, let me know. Now that I am a member at CJ... anytime bud.

The mag issue is being sorted out, and no more issues with 9mm, 38 super now that MecGar is making mags. 40 will be resolved in the near future, but if you are shooting limited 10, or limited with 15 rounds in the mag or less, there are no issues.

STI's are really great guns, I just cant justify $2k and $100 a pop for mags. Then my understanding is, you still have to reload, and load long as mags can be finicky? Correct me if I am wrong.

The EAA Limited are terrific guns for the money at half the price. Keep in mind, the same guns in Europe, Tanfoglios are over $3,500.

While it is true that there are alot less aftermarket parts for them here..., the gun is pretty much ready to go. Henning makes good accessories to make it better if you want to go that route.

Thanks Harry. I was looking for a ts as well but with the mag issue, Maks had told me he has been trouble free with his EAA and they 15 rounders. I have a cz phantom and would like to buy ts but it seems it's almost identical to an EAA which is available right now.

Thanks for the offer.

Ryan

Maks that's what I hear myself about sti myself. Thanks for the offer. I was pretty sure I was going to get a EAA limited but someone did say that if it breaks, who can help you out to fix it. Put a doubt in my mind there but then I realize if it does malfunction, so I lose 2 weeks getting it repaired.

Maks that's what I hear myself about sti myself. Thanks for the offer. I was pretty sure I was going to get a EAA limited but someone did say that if it breaks, who can help you out to fix it. Put a doubt in my mind there but then I realize if it does malfunction, so I lose 2 weeks getting it repaired.

Its going to take two weeks to fix any gun, any way. For the price, you can get one as a backup. :icon_mrgreen:

And.... still have money left over for match fees.

I love kool aid so he goes;

I would suggest the STI. You will be able to do more with it than the EAA. There is a reason why many of top shooters use STI/Svi guns.

You don't need to load long many people use factory ammo with no problems.

Same thing with the mags you can get stock mags and tuned them yourself.

You are more than welcomed to try out my STI 2011 gun.

Also shop around, you can find deals if you look, and don't be afraid to buy a used gun.

I love kool aid so he goes;

I would suggest the STI. You will be able to do more with it than the EAA. There is a reason why many of top shooters use STI/Svi guns.

You don't need to load long many people use factory ammo with no problems.

Same thing with the mags you can get stock mags and tuned them yourself.

You are more than welcomed to try out my STI 2011 gun.

Also shop around, you can find deals if you look, and don't be afraid to buy a used gun.

+1

Dont be afraid to buy a used gun. Best deals. =)

Thanks for the offer Ron, I forgot an important factor in the decision. Gotta check with the wife as to my gun budget. My birthday is coming up. :)

A wise man once told me it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

• Like 1

You can always build a Glock G35 for competition. I'm doing this and you are welcome to try my G35

A magwell and basepads transforms it from a production gun to limited/L-10 beast.

All the other mods can be the same.

Thanks Luis. Decisions decisions!

I can imagine how confused you are now.....icon_rolleyes.gif

But don't rush with your decision.....Although you can't go wrong with any of those firearms you mentioned. Just make sure you bought it co'z it's what you really want.

No....! nono.gif Never consult with the wife first when it comes to that matter. Ronny, is right..... it's easier to ask for forgiveness afterwards.

A wise man once told me it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

It depends on the "sin"... and how good you have been before you committed it. I've been collecting "brownie" points for quite some time now that I'm ready to cash-in :icon_e_wink:

I know a guy with lots of handguns who has worked very hard to make sure his wife knows he has 2: The black one, and the silver one. All his guns are either matte black or stainless steel, no other combinations allowed, or else the illusion might be broken.

On topic, it depends on how much money you want to spend and what your taste in guns is like.

I prefer light, fast cycling guns, so I would gravitate towards the 2011 platform, but if that was two expensive I would build a limited gun out of an M&P or G35. Or just buy a $600 gun, add $200 of mags and sights and holster and just shoot production.

As I've shot a heavy CZ for many years, I've decided that light guns are better, so that weights in my opinion quite a bit. Lots of people prefer heavy guns and for them the steel framed CZs and Witness may be better.

With a G35 and some interchangeable parts you can shoot IDPA, production, Limited and L10. The whole project with holsters, pouches, belt, magazines and parts should be around 1500, still cheaper than just an STI Eagle.

I know a guy with lots of handguns who has worked very hard to make sure his wife knows he has 2: The black one, and the silver one. All his guns are either matte black or stainless steel, no other combinations allowed, or else the illusion might be broken.

On topic, it depends on how much money you want to spend and what your taste in guns is like.

I prefer light, fast cycling guns, so I would gravitate towards the 2011 platform, but if that was two expensive I would build a limited gun out of an M&P or G35. Or just buy a $600 gun, add $200 of mags and sights and holster and just shoot production.

As I've shot a heavy CZ for many years, I've decided that light guns are better, so that weights in my opinion quite a bit. Lots of people prefer heavy guns and for them the steel framed CZs and Witness may be better.

LMAO!!!!!! In all seriousness, my wife is cool. It's the guilt that is getting me. She's right beside me and I showed her all your comments and she is laughing her a** off. She said she's cool with it since it is my birthday presents but the guilt of me spending that much money instead of going on a cruise or the bahamas kind of bothers me. \

Back on topic, Thanks for all the response. It looks like I have a few days to think about it and will make sure I buy a gun that I really want.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Ryan

Ah, but here is what the difference is.

A Firearm is an asset. A cruise is an expense. You incur the expense and after, you have nothing to show for it. A firearm (an asset), can be used, and then sold off to get a new one. You can't sell your cruise experience last I checked.