HuntingPaper

USPSA Match @ Shongum Saturday 06/04/11

Update from Ron Gumann (Match Director) [email protected]

Have a safe Memorial Day..

June match this Saturday, June 4th.

Pistol match is 130 rounds.

One stage is 50 rounds, so come prepared with extra mags.

Registration is 9:30am

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a rifle side stage after the pistol match is packed up for those who wish to stay.

It will be time permitting. 

It is 50 rounds.

We will provide the score sheet and take payment at the start of the side stage. 

NOTE: 

1. If you plan to attend, reply to this email and let me know by Thursday 8am.2. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and see Ron.3. If the match is cancelled for weather, I will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday.

If I don't miss any targets. I know my abilities, and I don't think that 1 safety round is enough :superstition:

Also just remembered, I only have three 15 round mags for my rifle, damn this is terrible :lol: Guess I'll order another.

One stage is 50 rounds, so come prepared with extra mags.

Excuse this newbie, but I thought USPSA maximum round count, per stage, was 32. I remember Maks getting gigged for his 33 round stage at CJRPC a couple months back. 50? Duuuuude....

Excuse this newbie, but I thought USPSA maximum round count, per stage, was 32. I remember Maks getting gigged for his 33 round stage at CJRPC a couple months back. 50? Duuuuude....

Now I can't wait to get home to check the rule book...

Now I can't wait to get home to check the rule book...

Found it.....

1.2.1.3 “Long Courses” in Level III or higher matches must not require

more than 32 rounds to complete. Course design and construction

must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single

location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in

the course of fire from any single location or view.

yep.

32 rounds max at national level 3 matches. all fine for local matches.

I was hoping for a monster match... where it may be 300 rounds, 5 stages, 60 rounds a stage.

They do a huge monster match in FL.

Found it.....

1.2.1.3 “Long Courses” in Level III or higher matches must not require

more than 32 rounds to complete. Course design and construction

must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single

location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in

the course of fire from any single location or view.

That's on Level III matches, Shongum is a Level I match so my guess is that it will be allowed.

That's all well & good, but it should be run as an optional side match. You are catering to experienced shooters that have a lot of money invested in equipment. You are excluding new and newer shooters that may not have enough mags & pouches to participate effectively in a "monster match". I can understand its appeal and it may be fun, but to have it as a regular stage in a local match only serves to drive new(er) shooters away.

Not speaking personally - I have enough mags and pouches to arm a third world country, but I'd probably come up short on the stamina end of things. :icon_rolleyes:

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's all well & good, but it should be run as an optional side match. You are catering to experienced shooters that have a lot of money invested in equipment. You are excluding new and newer shooters that may not have enough mags & pouches to participate effectively in a "monster match". I can understand its appeal and it may be fun, but to have it as a regular stage in a local match only serves to drive new(er) shooters away.

Not speaking personally - I have enough mags and pouches to arm a third world country, but I'd probably come up short on the stamina end of things. :icon_rolleyes:

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If you want to shoot a monster match, let say with a production gun, all you need to do is shoot limited minor/major. Even a stock glock 19 with 4 mags is 60 rounds. All the rest of the equipment is the same. So especially for newbies, this could be fun.

In any case, everyone should have at least 5 mags for their gun. What if one jams? Less mags? Shoot Limited Minor, use the mags at standard capacity.

That's on Level III matches, Shongum is a Level I match so my guess is that it will be allowed.

Level I exemptions are very explicit and none of them allow you to re-define round counts. Aside from being completely illegal, I do not see how it could be practical for revolver, single stack and even production. The match director should really reconsider.

If you want to shoot a monster match, let say with a production gun, all you need to do is shoot limited minor/major. Even a stock glock 19 with 4 mags is 60 rounds. All the rest of the equipment is the same. So especially for newbies, this could be fun.

In any case, everyone should have at least 5 mags for their gun. What if one jams? Less mags? Shoot Limited Minor, use the mags at standard capacity.

Yeah, great ideas. And if I am going to an outlaw match I might consider them. But when I am going to a USPSA match I expect it to comply with the rulebook instead of telling me to shoot in a division that is not my choice to shoot in. This is stupid and unnecessary. There is no shooting challenge that you can present with 50 rounds that you could not with 32.

Level I exemptions are very explicit and none of them allow you to re-define round counts. Aside from being completely illegal, I do not see how it could be practical for revolver, single stack and even production. The match director should really reconsider.

SSlav

For our enlightening...

Could you please quote the rula tha says that no more than 32 rounds are allowed in a LEVEL 1 match?

Since rule 1.2.1.3 only refers to Level 3 matches or higher.

SSlav

For our enlightening...

Could you please quote the rula tha says that no more than 32 rounds are allowed in a LEVEL 1 match?

Since rule 1.2.1.3 only refers to Level 3 matches or higher.

You are absolutely correct. It is not illegal. It is simply stupid.

• Like 1

SSlav, you have great points, I completely agree with everything you're saying. Bob, you as well. This may be different for more experienced shooters, but the thought of it is quite daunting for me. I only have 5 mags, that's 1 extra round for a mistake. The thought of moving up to limited doesn't help me much, as three of my mags are 10 rounders. That would give me a total of 60 rounds. Also, competing against Limited shooters when I'm not even classified in Production doesn't appeal to me either. It really is making me think twice about competing in this match.

You are absolutely correct. It is not illegal. It is simply stupid.

I think stupid will be doing it on every match. I've done some matches at Shongum and this is the first time they do something like that and like to see how that is. All the stages all the time, very stupid. Once in one stage in a single occasion... I want to do that!

I think stupid will be doing it on every match. I've done some matches at Shongum and this is the first time they do something like that and like to see how that is. All the stages all the time, very stupid. Once in one stage in a single occasion... I want to do that!

How will revolver shooters do this? With 8 reloads and 9 moon clips or speed loaders? How will single stack shooters do this? With 6 reloads & 7 mags? Limited 10 and production - realistically 6 mags. And thats assuming optimal shooting plans always available for all of those divisions. Otherwise if you want to avoid standing reloads add in at least one or two more reloads. And what exactly is the point?

How will revolver shooters do this? With 8 reloads and 9 moon clips or speed loaders? How will single stack shooters do this? With 6 reloads & 7 mags? Limited 10 and production - realistically 6 mags. And thats assuming optimal shooting plans always available for all of those divisions. Otherwise if you want to avoid standing reloads add in at least one or two more reloads. And what exactly is the point?

Are you coming? I'll shoot revolver for you :) and I will suck like always anyway...

SSlav, you have great points, I completely agree with everything you're saying. Bob, you as well. This may be different for more experienced shooters, but the thought of it is quite daunting for me. I only have 5 mags, that's 1 extra round for a mistake. The thought of moving up to limited doesn't help me much, as three of my mags are 10 rounders. That would give me a total of 60 rounds. Also, competing against Limited shooters when I'm not even classified in Production doesn't appeal to me either. It really is making me think twice about competing in this match.

This pretty much mirrors my situation. If I can go I'll still go and man up and give it a whirl. My only problem is the lack of equipment. I'll jam mags in my pockets if need be. F it. At least they advertised the 50 round stage in advance because I bet a lot of people show up and get pissed!

Scoring it is gonna be a **** and slow the match down a lot with everyone being backed up behind this stage.

Geez guys, grow a set.

When did start being primarily about being competitive followed by fun. A monster match, or a monster stage is mostly about fun.

Slav, yes, every stage should be designed first for the shooter's ease. What about designing a stage to challenge shooters, on where to reload, how to shoot it. Change the game up a bit.

I figured most people would welcome this little change. God forbid you have to do two big stick reloads.

• Like 1