HuntingPaper

USPSA Match @ Shongum Saturday 06/04/11

Geez guys, grow a set.

When did start being primarily about being competitive followed by fun. A monster match, or a monster stage is mostly about fun.

Slav, yes, every stage should be designed first for the shooter's ease. What about designing a stage to challenge shooters, on where to reload, how to shoot it. Change the game up a bit.

I figured most people would welcome this little change. God forbid you have to do two big stick reloads.

I will do 9 reloads in that stage with my 625 :) at least...

• Like 1

If I had a revo, I would love to shoot it =)

Would rather send a box of ammo downrange on a fun stage then doing El pres a few times.

Yes, it is competitive, but how can anyone really complain about 50 rounds of goodness? And knowing Shongum... it will probably be lots of paper, long stage, fairly close targets. = hoser stage.

Geez guys, grow a set.

When did start being primarily about being competitive followed by fun. A monster match, or a monster stage is mostly about fun.

When they started to keep score. This is a competition. When I was a brand new stage designer I felt the need to cram as many targets as I could into a pit. At this point designing stages like this and shooting stages like this does not interest me. I feel that if you can not design a fun stage with 32 rounds, 18 additional rounds will not help. Actually I feel that you should have a really good reason for going over 24-26 rounds. A 50 round stage is a joke - sorry if I am offending whoever came up with this idea, but that is what I feel about it.

Slav, yes, every stage should be designed first for the shooter's ease. What about designing a stage to challenge shooters, on where to reload, how to shoot it. Change the game up a bit.

How about you spend a couple more years designing stages before lecturing on the subject. I guarantee you that whatever shooting challenge (and that includes reloading) can be accomplished with 50 rounds, can be accomplished with 32 (or most likely less). Aside from screwing anyone who does not have the equipment to shoot this, the higher round count you have the longer the stage will take to shoot and reset. A 50 round hoser stage is a pointless spray of rounds. A 50 round stage that requires more challenging shots, will slow down the match to even more of a crawl than the reset alone. For a complete disaster throw in a couple of activators for an even longer reset and an occasional re-shoot to make it a perfect disaster.

I figured most people would welcome this little change. God forbid you have to do two big stick reloads.

As someone who mostly shoots production I have rather decent reloads. As someone who currently shoots Limited I have no personal concerns with the number of mags on my belt. But that does not make this stage any less of a bad idea for the reasons already specified.

• Like 1

If I had a revo, I would love to shoot it =)

Would rather send a box of ammo downrange on a fun stage then doing El pres a few times.

Yes, it is competitive, but how can anyone really complain about 50 rounds of goodness? And knowing Shongum... it will probably be lots of paper, long stage, fairly close targets. = hoser stage.

I know for a fact that I will learn more from putting 50 rounds downrange in practice (el pres, bill drill, 25 yard groups or whatever els foats your boat) than by shooting a 50 round hoser stage. Considering the time spent in a guaranteed logjam at this stage your rounds fired per hours spent at the range will be better with a shorter stage.

• Like 1

Slav, I am not lecturing on the topic. Much like you are entitled to your opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. There is no right or wrong, and last I checked there was no right or wrong way to build a stage. It is all about what we believe ourself.

To me, a 50 round hoser stage seems fun. I totally get that you have a different opinion, and I respect that. Much like I respect anyone who has a differing opinion. However..., just because they dont agree with your opinion, doesnt mean they are morons and are wrong.

• Like 1

Slav, I am not lecturing on the topic. Much like you are entitled to your opinion, everyone is entitled to their own. There is no right or wrong, and last I checked there was no right or wrong way to build a stage. It is all about what we believe ourself.

To me, a 50 round hoser stage seems fun. I totally get that you have a different opinion, and I respect that. Much like I respect anyone who has a differing opinion. However..., just because they dont agree with your opinion, doesnt mean they are morons and are wrong.

Fine, I have listed at least 3 reasons why I think round count that high is a bad idea:

1. Seriously screws certain divisions and newer shooters.

2. Will slow down the match.

3. Will not be any more challenging than a stage with a lower round count - will just take longer to shoot.

In response I have gotten:

1. Grow a pair.

2. Lets shake things up a bit

3. Might be fun to shoot.

So yes while everyone has an opinion, some are reasoned and logical and others are not.

Slav, once again, talking about long stages, not the logistics of running one in a match.

So all of that goes out the window. Simply talking about that it would be, in my opinion fun to shoot it, especially if you know about it ahead of time. Take the concept and make it a monster match. And it becomes a fun match, throw the whole competing for money etc out the window.

I am looking forward to going to shongum and shooting this match, and will see what other people's reactions are.

Slav, once again, talking about long stages, not the logistics of running one in a match.

So all of that goes out the window. Simply talking about that it would be, in my opinion fun to shoot it, especially if you know about it ahead of time. Take the concept and make it a monster match. And it becomes a fun match, throw the whole competing for money etc out the window.

I am looking forward to going to shongum and shooting this match, and will see what other people's reactions are.

I do not follow...so you feel it is ok to force shooters to strap on 7 mags (if they have them) or force them not to shoot the division of their choice.

You think it is fun to get to a stage and find a full squad sitting there waiting?

You think it is more fun to hit double alfa on an array of four targets at arms length than on an array of two?

Silly me. I thought I was having fun shooting USPSA and without 50 rounds fired on one stage. Here is a concept for you - A couple of drinks at a party is fun. That does not make guzzling down a bottle of vodka more fun.

Sound off on what mags you need and maybe others will help out.

Never thought about that. If anyone has any SR9 mags (this is a long shot) I would greatly appreciate being able to borrow 2 for this match. I promise to put them at the end of the lot so they don't get dropped, and I'll gladly throw a couple bucks your way.

I do not follow...so you feel it is ok to force shooters to strap on 7 mags (if they have them) or force them not to shoot the division of their choice.

You think it is fun to get to a stage and find a full squad sitting there waiting?

You think it is more fun to hit double alfa on an array of four targets at arms length than on an array of two?

Silly me. I thought I was having fun shooting USPSA and without 50 rounds fired on one stage. Here is a concept for you - A couple of drinks at a party is fun. That does not make guzzling down a bottle of vodka more fun.

I don't really see the issue. If the guy running the match warns everybody, whats the big deal? Don't go if you don't like it.

It seems as though because you've been doing stages and shooting uspsa for a while, your the end all be all.

Just an outsiders view.. .02

Never thought about that. If anyone has any SR9 mags (this is a long shot) I would greatly appreciate being able to borrow 2 for this match. I promise to put them at the end of the lot so they don't get dropped, and I'll gladly throw a couple bucks your way.

don't have mags for that but I can bring you a G19 with 7 mags... Or if you have 40 ammo a XD40 with 6 mags. Both with holsters and such...

Once again, if you have an entire match of long stages, this would not be an issue. But obviously you are more gifted so I bow down to you. =) I am a moron, and my opinion is ludicrous.

Who exactly is doing this full match of long stages? It seems like having no arguments in the discussion at hand - about this specific match, you invented a hypothetical argument you think you can win.

• Like 1

Vic, if you want to come, I will bring my Smith 1911, 6 mags 10 rounds for single stack, Browning high power (take your pick of 3), about 8 mags, or Sig 226 (only 5 mags, so either find one more, or shoot limited minor with 15 rounds in mags).

Who exactly is doing this full match of long stages? It seems like having no arguments in the discussion at hand - about this specific match, you invented a hypothetical argument you think you can win.

There have been numerous monster matches. Granted none in the area, but there have been plenty. Now you are making me question my sanity.

I think you should volunteer to do every stage at every match. Since your the best, can win every argument and everybody else is stupid.

I think you should volunteer to do every stage at every match. Since your the best, can win every argument and everybody else is stupid.

Thank you for that valuable contribution. As it happens I do build my share of stages. How about you?

http://tinyurl.com/3cnhyuo

For more "proof" of these supposed matches.

Once again, who cares about a match somewhere in florida. We are talking about a match here in NJ and whether it is a good idea to put a 50 round stage in it.

But if you insist - I do not see a wave of monster matches sweeping the nation. Why not?

Nope, lucky I can walk right now, so I have no stage building under my belt. Really see no interest in doing so either.

My comment is just based on the way your comments are coming off. I see that you compete etc...maybe it's just the way I read them.

Slav,

I take it you dont need any more proof of these supposed matches? I take it your comments were based on your lack of information?

Btw, these matches are not just in Florida.

Now, as an experiment, I would venture to say that if a Monster Match was put on in NJ, it would be more attended than a typical match. Is it more work? Absolutely. Do people like them? Seems to me.

Slav,

I take it you dont need any more proof of these supposed matches? I take it your comments were based on your lack of information?

I saw your first videos. My questions - "who is putting up this monster match" refers specifically to the match that is coming up that is including ONE stage of 50 rounds.

Now how about addressing all the points I made as to why it is a bad idea.

I saw your first videos. My questions - "who is putting up this monster match" refers specifically to the match that is coming up that is including ONE stage of 50 rounds.

Of course it is a bad idea. Never argued the point of having a 50 round stage being a bad idea in a match outside of monster match. (from a logistical and match management standpoint)

HOWEVER, I still think it will be a fun change.

Nope, lucky I can walk right now, so I have no stage building under my belt. Really see no interest in doing so either.

My comment is just based on the way your comments are coming off. I see that you compete etc...maybe it's just the way I read them.

Well considering that Maks who is doing the lions share of arguing here has a grand total of how many matches? How many major matches? And yet feels within his rights to educate people about how to make USPSA more fun, I can see how I may come across as a know it all.

The answer to the question of who is putting up this stage would be answered in the first post, and the topic title.

Shongum.

I believe Ron Gumann has being doing this match for quite some time and I'm absolutely confident that he will set a very nice match as he always do and that 50 rounder stage will be challenging and fun, which is what matters to me and the people that i like to shoot with. Is always a treat to do Shongum :)

Well considering that Maks who is doing the lions share of arguing here has a grand total of how many matches? How many major matches? And yet feels within his rights to educate people about how to make USPSA more fun, I can see how I may come across as a know it all.

blah blah blah.

Please tell me where I said how to make it more fun for everyone? I have shot probably 15 or so local matches and no major matches. I never claimed to be an expert, and always state if something is my opinion. By the way, is my opinion wrong? I get that you dont agree with a 50 stage being fun and I respect that.

You claimed that I am making up these matches to justify my opinion, quickly showed you proof that there are matches that exist.

I agree with you they are bad from a logistical standpoint... what exactly are we arguing here?