acaixguard

Gunsmith to install sights on a Glock or M&P in northern NJ?

Hi, I am picking up either a Glock or M&P soon, and I just need a gunsmith in northern NJ (I am in Morris county) who can install a set of sights, which will most likely be Heinies. Is there anyone who could do this for a decent price and turnaround time?

Thanks in advance!

Not overly familiar with M&P, but I did remove and re-install the rear sight on my wife's Pro. I have replaced sights on a bunch of Glocks. Glock sights are extremely easy to do. It is a bit of an overkill to go to a gunsmith for that.

Hi, I am picking up either a Glock or M&P soon, and I just need a gunsmith in northern NJ (I am in Morris county) who can install a set of sights, which will most likely be Heinies. Is there anyone who could do this for a decent price and turnaround time?

Thanks in advance!

PM sent

I suggest you consider getting yourself a sight tool so that you can do it yourself anytime you feel like changing your sights. Here's a link from amazon on the different tools available:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sight+tool&tag=googhydr-20&index=sporting&hvadid=4334268269&ref=pd_sl_435bd1b2vo_b

there are also numerous vids on youtube that can show you how to use the sight removal/install tools.

I suggest you consider getting yourself a sight tool so that you can do it yourself anytime you feel like changing your sights. Here's a link from amazon on the different tools available:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sight+tool&tag=googhydr-20&index=sporting&hvadid=4334268269&ref=pd_sl_435bd1b2vo_b

there are also numerous vids on youtube that can show you how to use the sight removal/install tools.

The only thing you have to watch is sometimes the dovetail on the sight must be trimed.

Believe it or not, I sent my M&P slide to Bowie Tactical in Ohio for sight installation and it worked out great. I think it cost $20 plus $5 priority shipping each way, and he turned it around in one day. It might sound like overkill to have one of the premier Glock/M&P gunsmiths install sights but it was better than schlepping around to a gun smith locally and there was absolutely no worry about it being done right.

Next time I plan do buy myself the tools and do it myself but if you're going to pay someone, this was a great way to go.