Mr.Shoot_It_All

Henry lever action

New cheap fun gun. Bought this at the last minute after filling out forms for my smith and wesson (see post in handguns)

The action is nice the wood is nice and it just so fun to shoot. not a huge fan of the sights but working on getting scope mounts.

it appears uploading the pics for the wheelgun took to much of my limit more pics another day i suppose.

post-2969-0-11571500-1306793309_thumb.jpg

Tell me more about it as you use it, I heard leverguns are a pain to repair. But it's funny, the Henry repeater was what I intended to get as my first gun. I only got a bolt action last minute because I'm more familiar with them.

22 s/l/lr.

and i feel ya on the size thing my 10/22 this thing my friends savage anything small caliber i feel is kid sized lol im 6'7" and the length of pull is miiscule compared to what i need and i have found that any 22 has this issue so i looked past it.

Caliber? I was considering getting a lever action gun, but just couldn't find one that felt comfortable.

If that is the one I saw, it's .22. I think they can take several .22 rounds, like .22LR, .22 short, etc.

I really want a Winchester '94 for my first levergun. They're just so nice, and really are the stereotypical Western carbine.

It wasn't the size. Smaller rifles like the 10/22 don't feel too bad to me. It was the actual aiming of the rifle. I have yet to find a lever action that I wasn't seriously craning my neck down to aim. I felt a Winchester that wasn't too bad, but still wasn't ideal.

I like the idea of this, and I've considered it as a range toy, but I just can't get past the mental block of putting my hand close to the barrel to reload.

I wish they could make the. 22 version with the same loading port that the centerfire versions have, but there may be technical reasons why they can't do this.

Does it feel strange to you to point the rifle up and have your hand close to the muzzle when you reload, or am I just being unreasonably cautious?

I like the idea of this, and I've considered it as a range toy, but I just can't get past the mental block of putting my hand close to the barrel to reload.

I wish they could make the. 22 version with the same loading port that the centerfire versions have, but there may be technical reasons why they can't do this.

Does it feel strange to you to point the rifle up and have your hand close to the muzzle when you reload, or am I just being unreasonably cautious?

I would just turn the rifle to the side, and keep the bulk of my hand away from the muzzle. But I have to agree, I never liked that style of loading, I love the loading ports, not for any safety fears, but mainly for convenience.

I have a Henry Hoo1T with the hex barrel) and I can tell you it's a nice rifle. Will shoot any size or quality 22 you can put in it with no problems. Instructions say not to break it down for cleaning, just swab the barrel. Must be true, I've gone through well over 1,000 rounds without a single FTF. My only complaint is that the breech area is painted, not blued and scratches. Loading via a tube isn't a problem, just use usual caution. Look how many Marlin's, Winchester's and Remington's are out there with tube feeds. I personally haven't needed any customer service but all the discussions I've read put them as exceptional. They are made right in Bayonne. Mine come grooved for a scope so I done need that huge buckhorn V sight.It shoots as accurately as I can get and better with a better shot then me. Great rifle for the money

i need to go get some rings or maybe rings and another optic.

what do you guys think of a red dot on a henry lol

Not a bad Idea, I have an NCstar red dot I have leftover from airsofting I think I'm going to put on my Savage MkII. But I think you may as well go for the gusto, and just buy the most outlandish accessory you can for it.

I love my Henry Lever 22. Smooth action, good looks, easy to use, easy to clean (just a bore snake the owners manual says not to take it apart as all the internals are self cleaning. I agree about the sight, I don't mind the rear sight too much but the front post is too wide for my liking.

Kaiser I forgot all about that thanks I need versatility in my tactical lever gun

If only NJ laws weren't so strict. I think the army is issuing tactical lever guns with 203s on them to the soldiers now. (Not really)

I'd love to see someone actually do that, just put a bunch of useless crap on a lever gun. I'm pretty sure my generation will try that stuff.

I shot one recently and it was a really nice gun for the price. The action was really smooth and the trigger broke cleanly, im just not a fan of buckhorn sights.

If only NJ laws weren't so strict. I think the army is issuing tactical lever guns with 203s on them to the soldiers now. (Not really)

I'd love to see someone actually do that, just put a bunch of useless crap on a lever gun. I'm pretty sure my generation will try that stuff.

That's a 50 cal lever gun, one shot and it's self cleaning.

Col. Mortimer. Did you change the front sight or just add the tang sight? I think I'm going to do a tang on mine but I don't like the 2x4 on the front so I'm looking for options.

Thanks.