Sleeper

Personal Memorial

I don’t post much on this forum. But I felt I wanted to share my father-in-laws story today. Unfortunately Con Thomas passed away yesterday, he was 80 years old. After graduating from the University of Nebraska on an ROTC scholarship he served in the USAF for 20 years. He started his flying career as a radar navigator on a B52 crew during the cold war and was air born on 24 hour sorties during the Cuban missile crisis. When B52 crews were downsized he moved to TAC. He flew as the weapons officer on F4 jets in Vietnam for 2 years. He received the Purple Heart for injuries he sustained when they ejected over the ocean after the F4 was damaged on a mission. He earned his master’s degree in computer science while he was still in the AF. He was married to my mother-in-law for 59 years and he put 4 kids through college. I loved and respected him as much as my own father. He was a man of incredible character, high morals a great sense of humor. I will miss him dearly. RIP Conny!

• Like 5

My condolences to you and your family, that was a great tribute.

And to your father-in-law Con, go fly with God, your children will never forget!

And I hope, on this Memorial Day, that we Americans will never forget the sacrifices that the brave men and women, such as your father-in-law, made to make us free. He's in great company!