MarkWVU02

Palmetto state armory

Saw these uppers and thought they were a good deal. Anybody know anything about their quality. I could get the complete upper with bcg and ch for the same price I'd buy the bravo company upper that doesn't come with the bcg and ch. What do you all think?

Here's the link to their site

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/2209.php

Thanks in advance for the help

Palmetto is a good place to buy ammo from and misc AR parts, but I'm not familiar with their AR uppers. Spec wise, it seems like a decent upper for the price. That said, if I'm reading the description correctly, the 14.5" upper you linked to is a no go for NJ with the pinned flash hider. You'd have to remove the flash hider (which I believe involves carefully cutting it off) and replace it with a pinned compensator, muzzle brake, or thread protector.

If I had to guess, I'd say PSA doesn't do any gunsmithing in house. But definitely worth asking them. As for BCM being that much better... given that the PSA uppers are fairly new to the market, it will probably be some time before that determination can be made.

Called PSA a few minutes ago. The guy I talked to was friendly and helpful. He told me they would pin a brake on instead of a flash hider. I got excited. Then he told me they were back ordered in their brake for a few weeks and they don't know when more would be in. I told him I had a brake at my house (I have a yhm phantom brake). He put me on hold to see if I could mail them the brake. He really got my hopes up. Unfortunately they won't do that for me though. So I told him I'd call back. Had they been willing to take my brake I would've definitely ordered and been a guinea pig. Maybe I'll try calling back in a few days. Oh well maybe the BCM middies will come back in stock. Or maybe I'll just order the carbine BCM like I originally planned to.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2243.php

Any opinion on this.. .It looks like a great deal. I had been scheming on how to save $3000+ for an 18" SPR rifle, like a MK12 etc. I have a more CQB-ish style AR, almost like an M4.. Kinda. But I would like a more precise 5.56 AR for a DMR role. Never really considered another upper ,because I wanted to have both available at the same time. But this looks like a good deal. it's not PERFECT for my wanta but, my vision is this:

Attach a full rail to the bottom of the MOE handguard. Put an AFG to the rear, and a Harris bipod to the front. Magnified optic on it, probably couldn't afford the ACOG, we had this discussion, but there are deals for say the Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9x40 for $600-ish ... and now you have an awesome Upper Half for the AR that is ready to rock and roll for a DMR-style role . and it'll look pretty bangin too, which I like of course woohoo!

any good?

Called PSA a few minutes ago. The guy I talked to was friendly and helpful. He told me they would pin a brake on instead of a flash hider.

This is still VERY decent customer service considering most places won't even deal with NJ (or other BAN states crapola).. IMHO..

Al

They have great customer service. I ordered a lower receiver from them and will prob order one of their lower build kits. They defKnutson have the right idea with offering great customer service. I must also say BCM has great customer service as well. They called to confirm shipment because my mailing address was different them my billing address. Definitely another great company