almiz111

My Second AK (not)

This is it in light rosewood (I made that up). It's not a Saiga, variant or anything else.

But if your gun unfriendly friends come over - light the grill and start a conversation with a new AK (lighter).

$10 at 7/11 Moorestown, NJ.

2A:65C-1 Sale of novelty lighter prohibited.

1. a. A person shall not sell, or offer to sell, a novelty lighter.

b.For the purposes of this section, "novelty lighter" means a mechanical or electrical device typically used for lighting cigarettes, cigars, or pipes, that is designed to resemble any cartoon character, animal, musical instrument, toy, gun, watch, vehicle, food, or beverage or similar articles, or that plays musical notes, or has flashing lights, or has other entertaining features.

Just make sure you don't ever sell it to anyone ;)

It is exempt though if its "primarily designed for lighting barbeques". Don't you just love NJ laws?

b.For the purposes of this section, "novelty lighter" means a mechanical or electrical device typically used for lighting cigarettes, cigars, or pipes, that is designed to resemble any cartoon character, animal, musical instrument, toy, gun, watch, vehicle, food, or beverage or similar articles, or that plays musical notes, or has flashing lights, or has other entertaining features.

I thought you were just busting balls and making that up as you went along,...until i typed in the # and realized it's a real law.

:icon_rolleyes:

Wasn't there an old law that upon reaching a intersection you had to get out of your vehicle, observe the road in both directions, fire a warning shot before you could proceed.

Now does that mean not to break that law I would have to carry???:icon_e_confused:

Harry

It is exempt though if its "primarily designed for lighting barbeques". Don't you just love NJ laws?

Hey thanks. That really is interesting but even more, it is nuts. So far I am only a buyer not seller. Looks like Sanjeep Gupta (no offense intended) of the 7/11 is going to jail IF somebody turns him in. He has a bunch still for sale and each will be a violation 'count' no? Could be in jail for years.

I believe this lighter is primarily intended to burn any book which has any NJ law printed inside.

Don't they say some laws are made to be broken? So except for guns if it is stupid, if it hurts nobody, if you probably won't get caught - go ahead and enjoy. Screw the Gov.

Sorry I gotta go - over to PA for some fireworks.

Amen.

Don't they say some laws are made to be broken?

The only people that say that are criminals. Not calling you one, but if you want to break the law then please don't announce it openly on the forum. I won't lecture you on the difference between right and wrong, just don't make the rest of us look bad.

Hey thanks. That really is interesting but even more, it is nuts. So far I am only a buyer not seller. Looks like Sanjeep Gupta (no offense intended) of the 7/11 is going to jail IF somebody turns him in. He has a bunch still for sale and each will be a violation 'count' no? Could be in jail for years.

I believe this lighter is primarily intended to burn any book which has any NJ law printed inside.

Don't they say some laws are made to be broken? So except for guns if it is stupid, if it hurts nobody, if you probably won't get caught - go ahead and enjoy. Screw the Gov.

Sorry I gotta go - over to PA for some fireworks.

Amen.

Okay. Now, I can at least understand why anti-folks have their opinions, and though they may differ, I can understand that it is because they don't understand vital differences between criminals and honest folk. But what are they hoping to accomplish by this law? If they this will curb underage smoking, they're sadly mistaken. I've been smoking Marlboro Red 100s since I was 16, and never once did that choice come about by me seeing a cute light-up lighter. This is just crazy.

The only people that say that are criminals. Not calling you one, but if you want to break the law then please don't announce it openly on the forum. I won't lecture you on the difference between right and wrong, just don't make the rest of us look bad.

Concerning the forum, point well taken. I'll try to be more 'civil', etc. That is good for the forum and good for me too in that I won't be that 'whacko' person out there. (Maybe it's too late, eh?)

But concerning laws/criminals/right/wrong, we could probably go on for pages and pages. So let me try this to be brief.

1776: The citizens of the American Revolution disobeyed the laws of the King. Therefore they were criminals. But the good news is that they were not sheep.

2011: IMHO Thousands of laws. Millions of sheep.

Thanks.

Not that I doubted you gentlemen, but I had to look the law up for myself. I feel a little sick. There is good news: there is an exemption for "pre ban" lighters, made before 1980.